Any Android phone users here?

Duane

Reaction score
kapolani;4642200 said:
In the beginning I was a little disappointed. Can't remember which build I was running, but it was ICS. I was having too many reboots and force closing of applications.

After getting fed up I decided to try a custom ROM. It took me a couple of ROM's to find one that I was satisfied with. Haven't had a reboot in months. FC's happen, albeit much less now.

My overall experience is great. Still a little disappointed in the plastic build - seems a little cheap. But, the phone has held up well - better than I expected.

All my previous smart phones have been iPhones. I still contend that Apple does some things better, but then again, I also feel there are some things that Android does better as well.

Now-a-days when someone asks me what phone I recommend I can confidently point out the differences between iPhone and Android and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one. There are, however, a lot of crappy Android phones that are out so one must make sure they choose a 'good' one.
Thanks for the feedback.

Duane

Reaction score
Got my Nexus 7. Don't know how I lived without it. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Duane;4644547 said:
Got my Nexus 7. Don't know how I lived without it. :)

Ha! Not only does it do damn near everything, it's completely customizable. My home screen tells me EVERYTHING rofl. New email subjects, Texas Rangers score, feeds of my favorite websites, everything. It's my go-to information device and I practically don't even have to leave my home screen. (except to read full articles by clicking on them)

Duane

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4644572 said:
Ha! Not only does it do damn near everything, it's completely customizable. My home screen tells me EVERYTHING rofl. New email subjects, Texas Rangers score, feeds of my favorite websites, everything. It's my go-to information device and I practically don't even have to leave my home screen. (except to read full articles by clicking on them)
Can't get over how fast and smooth everything is. Which root did you use on yours?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Duane;4644583 said:
Can't get over how fast and smooth everything is. Which root did you use on yours?

I have yet to root it. Thus far, I haven't needed too. I mean there are no OEM's screwing with it and it has 4.1.1 which last time I check was the latest release.

Currently, I'm watching Breaking Bad season four on the PS3, web surfing on the laptop and watching MLB.tv on the Nexus 7. rofl Freaking awesome!

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
03EBZ06;4637088 said:
Htc Evo 4g Lte (Rooted)

I absolutely love this phone, best phone I've had thus far, this one replaced EVO 4G about a month ago.

Same here, only my EVO4G LTE isn't rooted.

I love it!

Duane

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4644591 said:
I have yet to root it. Thus far, I haven't needed too. I mean there are no OEM's screwing with it and it has 4.1.1 which last time I check was the latest release.

Currently, I'm watching Breaking Bad season four on the PS3, web surfing on the laptop and watching MLB.tv on the Nexus 7. rofl Freaking awesome!
That's awesome.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

kapolani

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4644804 said:
Switched over yesterday and I like it. Seems a bit more polished than most other custom ROMs.

http://dropbox.bekit.net/Android/toro/cm/cm-10-20120727-UNOFFICIAL-toro.zip

There's the link if any other Verizon Galaxy Nexus users are interested. Looks like the guy posts these builds to his Google Plus which is here:

https://plus.google.com/117234128176198944729/posts

You really have to try LiquidSmooth at least once. I've had ZERO problems with any of their builds. I'm still running an alpha release and haven't encountered any bugs. Smoothest ROM and very light on resources. They strip all unnecessary stuff which really improves performance.

A new beta is out, but I'm probably going to wait for a full release. Source is out so it should be any time now.

Really trying to hold off buying the Nexus 7 and see what Apple is releasing in Sept. Word is the iPad Mini/Nano will be announced. Will be getting the wife the iPhone 5 so I'll be able to mess around with that and see if I like it.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
kapolani;4644907 said:
You really have to try LiquidSmooth at least once. I've had ZERO problems with any of their builds. I'm still running an alpha release and haven't encountered any bugs. Smoothest ROM and very light on resources. They strip all unnecessary stuff which really improves performance.

A new beta is out, but I'm probably going to wait for a full release. Source is out so it should be any time now.

Really trying to hold off buying the Nexus 7 and see what Apple is releasing in Sept. Word is the iPad Mini/Nano will be announced. Will be getting the wife the iPhone 5 so I'll be able to mess around with that and see if I like it.

personal reasons I wont use a liquid rom ever. I dont like that they cherry pick from other developers and dont give credit back

kapolani

Reaction score
the kid 05;4645577 said:
personal reasons I wont use a liquid rom ever. I dont like that they cherry pick from other developers and dont give credit back

I've seen them give credit many times and explain how/why they do what they do.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
JBond;4641814 said:
I am going to sign up for the new high speed google network. They give you Nexus 7 as a bonus for signing up.:D

Do you post on XDA?

My name there is jcbofkc

im on xda but im usually a fly on the wall, i post more on rootwiki