Any chance Heath becomes the starter?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If we played our SS in the box, I would say it might be an interesting fit due to his tackling, But Dallas doesn't really use safeties to play the run that often. He doesn't have the skill set for a cover safety.

Sydla

Reaction score
chwbcn.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
Special teamer and backup. That's his role and it has value.
He has improved each year though...I'll give him that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I believe guys can put in the work and improve as players so given that believe, sure Heath could go out and out perform and win the job.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Heath is a lot better football player than you guy will admit. Calvin Johnson made a lot of good veteran DBs look foolish over the years but rookie Heath was supposed to come in and shut him down? Heath also took Adrian Peterson head on and would have stopped him but AD's team mates caught him before he hit the ground and pushed him into the end zone. Give this kid a break.

Agreed.

As a rookie out of Saginaw Valley State, we should not have realistically expected too much too soon.

The dude's a ballplayer, though, and obviously has a role with 'Boys.

In high school, he won a playoff game with a 49yd field goal, so he could even be an emergency kicker.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Let's remember that the en vogue defense is to have 3 safeties on the field at once to help stop these spread formations that still run the ball.

I really didn't hate Heath this past season as a safety. I think they look at him like a Jim Leonhard type, but I don't know if he quite has that skill. For me though...I would prefer him at SS over Church. Let's hope Kavon Coleman surprises people.

YR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I have been the biggest Heath Hater since his Rookie year, But let me say this

1. This kid is a pretty damn good Athlete
2. He's made progress every year
3. If he has all the tools there is a chance he could pull out a spot
4. We know he has the drive

With all that said, I'm pulling for him now.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Let's remember that the en vogue defense is to have 3 safeties on the field at once to help stop these spread formations that still run the ball.

I really didn't hate Heath this past season as a safety. I think they look at him like a Jim Leonhard type, but I don't know if he quite has that skill. For me though...I would prefer him at SS over Church. Let's hope Kavon Coleman surprises people.

YR

I think you meant Kavon Frazier

I am just not so sure Heath's health would hold up as a starter.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Sure when everyone in front of him is injured. Other than that, NEVER !!!

dbonham

Reaction score
I don't think Heath can play SS, he is not much of a hitter......Lockette blindside block excluded....ask Peterson

How people think that play against Peterson was a knock against Heath is beyond me. Watch it again.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Blokes! So disappointing.

Proof of the sorry state of our defense. If we start speculating if journeyman Heath can be a starter, then that is a clear signal it is time to start panicking. This defense, as is, will get steamrolled by even the offensive pygmies of the NFL.

Woe, woe, woe.

Our offense better control the ball for 80% of the time. Otherwise our big liability is exposed, big time, mates!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Heath is a lot better football player than you guy will admit. Calvin Johnson made a lot of good veteran DBs look foolish over the years but rookie Heath was supposed to come in and shut him down? Heath also took Adrian Peterson head on and would have stopped him but AD's team mates caught him before he hit the ground and pushed him into the end zone. Give this kid a break.

It was Durant that knocked Heath off AD...Heath was about to body slam him.

He also chased down Calvin from behind when no one else could...even
Stafford was like ..who caught you?

gmoney112

Reaction score
He got rode into the endzone like a pony

original.gif

The only person that went for a ride was AD, straight into his teammates loving embrace.

I think he's going to get a chance next year with Church and Wilcox likely gone, for better or worse.

I'm on record liking Heath a lot, mainly because he's a SPARQ guy that's also football tough. Like someone else said, expecting a rookie to come in from the Saginaw Valley 2-Stepping Doohickeys to trying to cover CJ, is completely insane. Megatron made everyone look stupid at one point or another, including All Pro veteran corners. I aint mad at Jeff for that.

He's got the physical tools and the mental aspect, but I have no idea how he'd do if teams started gameplanning for him. He just turned 25 so in reality he's still developing, he's really not even hit his football prime yet.