Any chance Heath becomes the starter?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Church is in the final year of his contract and Heath just signed an extension. Heath is coming off of a year where he had two ints in one week on a horrible defense. He caused 2 fumbles in limited action. Actually in half the amount of seasons and maybe 5% the playing time of Church, Heath has the same number of ints (3) and three less fumbles caused over their careers.
I can't believe I am even saying this with the Adrian Peterson highlight still fresh in my head and a distant highlight of one Calvin Johnson catch???? I think it was Calvin but Heath was not only in position to make both of those plays he actually made the play at first but was over matched against 2 HOFs.
I remember the fumble recovery and return for a TD against the Giants a couple of years ago too. He has had his share of big plays in such limited time. The one thing that holds me back from thinking that Heath can outright beat out Church for playing time is the coaching staffs love for Church but I am telling you now that if Church gets injured that he might not get his job back.
In all honesty Heath is younger, faster, covers a lot better and is actually a better tackler. Yes that's right everyone, I believe he is a better tackler. Church has some really horrible complete wiffs. Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of a combination of youth and speed in the back end with Heath and Jones.

Highly Doubt it

CWR

Reaction score
original.gif

The only person that went for a ride was AD, straight into his teammates loving embrace.

I think he's going to get a chance next year with Church and Wilcox likely gone, for better or worse.

I'm on record liking Heath a lot, mainly because he's a SPARQ guy that's also football tough. Like someone else said, expecting a rookie to come in from the Saginaw Valley 2-Stepping Doohickeys to trying to cover CJ, is completely insane. Megatron made everyone look stupid at one point or another, including All Pro veteran corners. I aint mad at Jeff for that.

He's got the physical tools and the mental aspect, but I have no idea how he'd do if teams started gameplanning for him. He just turned 25 so in reality he's still developing, he's really not even hit his football prime yet.

One person got complimented on that play and it was Peterson. Heath didn't get the job done just like earlier in the game when Kyle Randolph ran thru him and Church for a TD.

Every announcer and player laughed at us and backslapped AD for his toughness.

But keep selling that as a win for Heath....I guess he gets a trophy for trying hard......yeah

Come on man all of APs momentum was gone and Heath and gravity were about to put him to the ground. Credit his team mate for catching him and AP for being awesome. You can easily say Heath didn't get the job done but neither would anyone else.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Come on man all of APs momentum was gone and Heath and gravity were about to put him to the ground. Credit his team mate for catching him and AP for being awesome. You can easily say Heath didn't get the job done but neither would anyone else.

It wasn't n aawesome job by AP, other than he kept his legs moving. It was an illegal play, and they should have been penalized. You can't catch a player that's falling, stand him up, and carry him into the endzone.

CWR

Reaction score
It wasn't n aawesome job by AP, other than he kept his legs moving. It was an illegal play, and they should have been penalized. You can't catch a player that's falling, stand him up, and carry him into the endzone.

Well Count, it looks like we got screwed agian, whats new?