Any last minute rumours?

cnuball21

Reaction score
You were wrong. Take your loss like a man.
I provided a laundry list of metrics to state my case. You shared a mock draft.

Do you have any performance based stats / metrics that back your claim or no?

johneric8

Reaction score
Anyone whom actually thinks we're taking a tight end is on crack.. Bookmark my post..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
- led the league in penalties
- top 10 in sacks allowed
- 71 PFF grade
- outside or top 50 in pass pro win rate
- 39 pressures allowed

How?
These really are not bad metrics for rookie OL though, especially one playing multiple positions and heavily at LT. Even Tyron Smith who had one of the greatest rookie seasons for an OL of all time gave up 8 sacks as a rookie, and that was at RT. When I think top rookie OL (and I may be missing some obvious ones, it was a pretty good class last year) I look at Tyler Smith, Tyler Linderbaum, Zion Johnson, Braxton Jones, Ikem Ekwanu, Charles Cross, etc.

The interior guys from that group don't give up nearly as many penalties, but still have pretty similar PFF grades, and give up similar pressures. Sacks are naturally going to be less for a C/G, move Tyler Smith inside and his sacks and probably penalty numbers probably get cut in half instantly. The outside guys are pretty much identical with Smith on the sacks/pressures/penalties and it doesn't mean these guys didn't have exceptional rookie years. Ekwanu was tied if not just under Smith in penalties. Jones (I believe, but check my work) had the highest PFF rating on the season for a rookie OL, but still gave up 40 pressures and 7 sacks despite having maybe the most elusive QB in the league.

I'm not sure that I would put Tyler Smith as the top OL from the class just yet, I think Ekwanu and Jones are in the conversation, but Smith isn't far behind if at all. I certainly see the potential for Smith to become the top OL although there are enough talents where I think it's a strong debate

cnuball21

Reaction score
These really are not bad metrics for rookie OL though, especially one playing multiple positions and heavily at LT. Even Tyron Smith who had one of the greatest rookie seasons for an OL of all time gave up 8 sacks as a rookie, and that was at RT. When I think top rookie OL (and I may be missing some obvious ones, it was a pretty good class last year) I look at Tyler Smith, Tyler Linderbaum, Zion Johnson, Braxton Jones, Ikem Ekwanu, Charles Cross, etc.

The interior guys from that group don't give up nearly as many penalties, but still have pretty similar PFF grades, and give up similar pressures. Sacks are naturally going to be less for a C/G, move Tyler Smith inside and his sacks and probably penalty numbers probably get cut in half instantly. The outside guys are pretty much identical with Smith on the sacks/pressures/penalties and it doesn't mean these guys didn't have exceptional rookie years. Ekwanu was tied if not just under Smith in penalties. Jones (I believe, but check my work) had the highest PFF rating on the season for a rookie OL, but still gave up 40 pressures and 7 sacks despite having maybe the most elusive QB in the league.

I'm not sure that I would put Tyler Smith as the top OL from the class just yet, I think Ekwanu and Jones are in the conversation, but Smith isn't far behind if at all. I certainly see the potential for Smith to become the top OL although there are enough talents where I think it's a strong debate
Hey I agree 100%…I don’t have high expectations for rookies and don’t expect them to be great year 1.

I’m just replying to “Tyler was the best rookie OL” player last year because it wasn’t true.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hey I agree 100%…I don’t have high expectations for rookies and don’t expect them to be great year 1.

I’m just replying to “Tyler was the best rookie OL” player last year because it wasn’t true.
Ah gotcha, that makes sense.