Any players worth trading away?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
we still have jourdan Lewis! I think he deserves a change of scenery and an opportunity. Maybe get a TE project back in the deal.

New England Has tons of picks maybe they can use Beasley more than we can. Let Gallup grow next year.

You can probably get a 3rd for taco from a rebuilding team if you’re done with him. Sounds like they don’t like his smooth attitude.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
we still have jourdan Lewis! I think he deserves a change of scenery and an opportunity. Maybe get a TE project back in the deal.

New England Has tons of picks maybe they can use Beasley more than we can. Let Gallup row next year.

You can probably get a 3rd for taco from a rebuilding team if you’re done with him. Sounds like they don’t like his smooth attitude.

Maybe. But the Cowboys could trade away Byron Jones, start Lewis and maybe not miss a beat and save about $13 million per year on the cap.

They could also use the pick from the Byron Jones trade to add a young CB. In the short run the team is probably slightly better paying Byron. In the longer term such a trade might be a better deal.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Maybe. But the Cowboys could trade away Byron Jones, start Lewis and maybe not miss a beat and save about $13 million per year on the cap.
I like this idea... you trade older, more costly players and keep the younger cheaper assets.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Only premiere talent get traded for premiere picks....Jourdan Lewis means more to us than a 6th round pick. Taco has no trade value.

disagree completely... we could trade him to Jack in the Box for 50 cents

mattjames2010

Reaction score
pft21-e1536179032824.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
HUH? lol.....this guy leaves GL having any type of a offense out there!!!!!;)

....we're inconsistent with him now. And this stupid assumption that Zeke is somehow going to crash our offense even more is ridiculous.

Dak is more effective without Zeke, by the way

I don't know what it's going to take for some of you to stop pretending Zeke is the next Smith for the Cowboys. He's not, he's not playing in the 90s, elite RBs don't win you Super Bowls, and he just sucked up the joint against a terrible run D. We need that first rounder and to avoid that big contract he wants. Move on and stop getting attached to RBs.

Verdict

Reaction score
Worth trading, that we might be willing to trade under the right circumstances?

Byron
Lewis
Lee
Looney
Connor Williams
Taco

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Worth trading, that we might be willing to trade under the right circumstances?

Byron
Lewis
Lee
Looney
Connor Williams
Taco
I think you guys overrate trade value. Zeke has trade value...Amare does....

Maybe Byron does out of this list too.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
....we're inconsistent with him now. And this stupid assumption that Zeke is somehow going to crash our offense even more is ridiculous.

I don't know what it's going to take for some of you to stop pretending Zeke is the next Smith for the Cowboys. He's not, he's not playing in the 90s, elite RBs don't win you Super Bowls, and he just sucked up the joint against a terrible run D. We need that first rounder and to avoid that big contract he wants. Move on and stop getting attached to RBs.

You think somebody will give us a Top 4 pick? If yes, sign me up...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Only premiere talent get traded for premiere picks....Jourdan Lewis means more to us than a 6th round pick. Taco has no trade value.
The Jacksonville Jaguars have tradeddefensive end Dante Fowler, Jr. to the LA Rams, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Jaguars are trading former first-round pick Dante Fowler to the LA Rams, per source. The reported compensation is the Rams 2019 third-round pick and the Rams 2020 fifth-round pick.Oct 30, 2

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You think somebody will give us a Top 4 pick? If yes, sign me up...

I think a team who believes they are one player away from being Super Bowl champs would give up more than what he is worth. I don't see what it would hurt seeing some team interests outside of hurting Zeke's feelings.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

On what planet is dak prescott a better qb without Ezekiel Elliot? What does that even mean? That rod smith is better? That the play calls change without zeke as a crutch? Wouldn’t that mean you keep zeke and let dak and zeke run a college offense with tavon as the motion threat? There’s potential here to have a fun offense don’t trade away maybe the best RB the league has ever seen before hes even reached his full potential.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think you guys overrate trade value. Zeke has trade value...Amare does....

Maybe Byron does out of this list too.
He didn’t even say what they’d get. You can get back players. Fill the depth gaps of your roster. Move pieces around ya know. Switzer for that DL kinda trade

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Byron Jones still hasn't won me over, so I'd be inclined to cash in on him after a Pro Bowl season.

Besides the pick six he had against Washington last year (2017), has he ever intercepted another ball?
I wouldn't mind the Cowboys trading Jones because he will ask for more money and Lewis I think could be a solid corner if he started again.

However, here is the argument over lack of picks. It is disappointing that he didn't get many picks as a safety, but as a corner, you don't want to have your name called that much over the PA system because that mean teams are testing you whether in coverage or in tackling. For teams to go to Awuzie (who is also good imo) side tells a lot about how Jones is on coverage. A great corner don't get many balls thrown on his side and a HOF corner not only don't get tested much, but creates turnovers.

Jones is a great corner and it has shown in the last few years that he is very good in coverage but don't expect any game changing plays from him. Cowboys will have to decide do they want a lockdown corner that will make sure the damage on his side is limited or a corner that will take risks to get turnovers but could hurt the team at any given time.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Goofy times are here in our wonderful forums..............:lmao: