Any players worth trading away?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
we still have jourdan Lewis! I think he deserves a change of scenery and an opportunity. Maybe get a TE project back in the deal.

New England Has tons of picks maybe they can use Beasley more than we can. Let Gallup grow next year.

You can probably get a 3rd for taco from a rebuilding team if you’re done with him. Sounds like they don’t like his smooth attitude.
We don't have a FO capable of making trades that work in our favor. Other teams seem to be able trade players worse than the ones we out right cut.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn’t even say what they’d get. You can get back players. Fill the depth gaps of your roster. Move pieces around ya know. Switzer for that DL kinda trade
Those guys aren't worth trading. If I don't get a player of need that's just as good in return? What's the point? Like a Barbie Carpenter for Alex Barron trade? A Ryan Switzer for Jihad Ward trade? You're trading someone you can't develop for a player another team can't develop. Chances are.....that guy is what he is. I'm not trading Jourdan Lewis away because I consider his position a luxury. WE need the depth. I'm not trading Conner Williams away after his rookie season. It just makes no sense.

If there's one guy you want to trade high on that's Byron Jones but if its not for a 1st rounder.......its for no reason.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Package Byron Jones, Taco, Heath, Woods, Lee and Beasley for an Early 1st rd pick. Draft a stud DT. Sign Landon Collins and Earl Thomas. Use the 2nd Rd Pick on a TE. With the 3rd round pick get a backup LB. With one of the 4th rd picks get a 400 pound 1Tech. With the other 4th rd pick draft a change of pace RB. With the remaining picks get some OL to groom and whatever WR fell due to character concerns.

Madden Bowl is fun.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars have tradeddefensive end Dante Fowler, Jr. to the LA Rams, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Jaguars are trading former first-round pick Dante Fowler to the LA Rams, per source. The reported compensation is the Rams 2019 third-round pick and the Rams 2020 fifth-round pick.Oct 30, 2
Fowler was a top 3 pick in the draft lol. The hell?

InTheZone

Reaction score
we still have jourdan Lewis! I think he deserves a change of scenery and an opportunity. Maybe get a TE project back in the deal.

New England Has tons of picks maybe they can use Beasley more than we can. Let Gallup grow next year.

You can probably get a 3rd for taco from a rebuilding team if you’re done with him. Sounds like they don’t like his smooth attitude.

Based on the last game we played we don't have any trade value on either side

Based on what I think this team could grab if they put emotions away

QB - Two 1sts for Dak from a desperate bottom feeder (We still have White and I still believe we have a solid enough team to carry like we've been doing, if we can all agree that we're fine with our offense being 22nd in TDs scored and not overpaying the position to do so)
RB - No trade options or no trade value for certain players
WR - No trade options or no trade value for certain players
TE - No trade options or no trade value for certain players
OL - No trade options for our starters, don't think we need to lose depth either
DL - Get a 4th or 5th if possible for Taco and Collins. We desperately need a mauler at Tackle.
LB - No trade options for starters, are our backups worth anything? Do we want to look for better depth? I don't think they were bad and it's probably not worth getting rid of experience.
CB - Lewis or Brown, if they're under contract (too lazy to look), are the only ones I could see with actual trade value/potential, but do they fit our system better than whatever late picks/low budge FAs we could look at?
S - We could use a more natural Free Safety, but I'm not sure our safeties were a liability and at the same time I don't think they have any trade value.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Fowler was a top 3 pick in the draft lol. The hell?
You’re just trying to win an argument man. Sometime might be a bigger fan than Dallas is. This absolutely happens. Just say I’m right and sorry and we can have cake and pie.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
On what planet is dak prescott a better qb without Ezekiel Elliot? What does that even mean? That rod smith is better? That the play calls change without zeke as a crutch? Wouldn’t that mean you keep zeke and let dak and zeke run a college offense with tavon as the motion threat? There’s potential here to have a fun offense don’t trade away maybe the best RB the league has ever seen before hes even reached his full potential.

What is difficult to get through your brain? Without Zeke on the field, Dak had a higher level of playing. Whether Zeke is a great player or not is not the dang point, the point is the RB is not that important to modern football.

Try again. You're wanting to trade away scrubs and unproven players OR vital players on our D...but want to keep an RB. Seriously, do you guys have any brain cells firing at this point?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't mind the Cowboys trading Jones because he will ask for more money and Lewis I think could be a solid corner if he started again.

However, here is the argument over lack of picks. It is disappointing that he didn't get many picks as a safety, but as a corner, you don't want to have your name called that much over the PA system because that mean teams are testing you whether in coverage or in tackling. For teams to go to Awuzie (who is also good imo) side tells a lot about how Jones is on coverage. A great corner don't get many balls thrown on his side and a HOF corner not only don't get tested much, but creates turnovers.

Jones is a great corner and it has shown in the last few years that he is very good in coverage but don't expect any game changing plays from him. Cowboys will have to decide do they want a lockdown corner that will make sure the damage on his side is limited or a corner that will take risks to get turnovers but could hurt the team at any given time.

Here's a counter argument, Deion Sanders is widely-regarded as the best cornerback to ever play. A top pick from the very start and a Pro Bowler from his 3rd season throughout nearly its entirety.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandDe00.htm

And yet, despite his abilities and obvious reputation, teams still threw in his direction enough for him to get his hands on the football a lot. Never less than two picks in a season. And many times, returning those for touchdowns, 9 in his career.

My point is that Jones isn't and never will be a playmaker on the ball.

And like you, I wouldn't hate the idea of him being traded rather than assuming we pay him top cornerback money $10 - $15 million a year going forward. He's solid, not spectacular.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Package Byron Jones, Taco, Heath, Woods, Lee and Beasley for an Early 1st rd pick. Draft a stud DT. Sign Landon Collins and Earl Thomas. Use the 2nd Rd Pick on a TE. With the 3rd round pick get a backup LB. With one of the 4th rd picks get a 400 pound 1Tech. With the other 4th rd pick draft a change of pace RB. With the remaining picks get some OL to groom and whatever WR fell due to character concerns.

Madden Bowl is fun.

LOL it's funny to me how you guys are okay with getting rid of a top 5 CB this year but won't entertain the thought of trading an RB away in a pass first league.

Okay.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
What is difficult to get through your brain? Without Zeke on the field, Dak had a higher level of playing. Whether Zeke is a great player or not is not the dang point, the point is the RB is not that important to modern football.

Try again. You're wanting to trade away scrubs and unproven players OR vital players on our D...but want to keep an RB. Seriously, do you guys have any brain cells firing at this point?
I’m one sentence into your response and already annoyed, settle down tough guy. This better get better. I’m gonna read on...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Ok this post is kinda useless. I asked you a direct question and you didn’t answer it. You’re banned from this thread!

I didn’t read this kids posted graph about zeke. Does anyone want to extrapolate what it might mean for Dallas and their offense? What offense they can run to open things up? I saw a stat where we faced 8 men in the box more than anyone.

The reason being is that zeke is a hall of famer and dak was considered a potential tight end in college. So if dak is better when zeke doesn’t play that’s awesome news. It means our talent level is better than we thought and our play calling and offensive scheme can help us generate more points without having to draft a QB in the top rounds to challenge dak

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
LOL it's funny to me how you guys are okay with getting rid of a top 5 CB this year but won't entertain the thought of trading an RB away in a pass first league.

Okay.

I don't think Byron Jones is enough of an improvement over Lewis to justify the contract he is going to get. I think Zeke is a weapon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re just trying to win an argument man. Sometime might be a bigger fan than Dallas is. This absolutely happens. Just say I’m right and sorry and we can have cake and pie.
What do you mean I'm trying to win. argument? You bring up Fowler who was a top 3 pick in the draft and he got traded for a 3rd rounder lol......if the object is to get ANYTHING for players than fair enough. I assumed you guys were talking about actually gaining assets for some of our talent. Who's the top 3 pick in the draft that we can trade for a 3rd rounder?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Based on the last game we played we don't have any trade value on either side

Based on what I think this team could grab if they put emotions away

QB - Two 1sts for Dak from a desperate bottom feeder (We still have White and I still believe we have a solid enough team to carry like we've been doing, if we can all agree that we're fine with our offense being 22nd in TDs scored and not overpaying the position to do so)
RB - No trade options or no trade value for certain players
WR - No trade options or no trade value for certain players
TE - No trade options or no trade value for certain players
OL - No trade options for our starters, don't think we need to lose depth either
DL - Get a 4th or 5th if possible for Taco and Collins. We desperately need a mauler at Tackle.
LB - No trade options for starters, are our backups worth anything? Do we want to look for better depth? I don't think they were bad and it's probably not worth getting rid of experience.
CB - Lewis or Brown, if they're under contract (too lazy to look), are the only ones I could see with actual trade value/potential, but do they fit our system better than whatever late picks/low budge FAs we could look at?
S - We could use a more natural Free Safety, but I'm not sure our safeties were a liability and at the same time I don't think they have any trade value.

Cowboys would be morons to have Dak for 700,000 a year and trade him away........would be flat out morons.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ok this post is kinda useless. I asked you a direct question and you didn’t answer it. You’re banned from this thread!

I didn’t read this kids posted graph about zeke. Does anyone want to extrapolate what it might mean for Dallas and their offense? What offense they can run to open things up? I saw a stat where we faced 8 men in the box more than anyone.

The reason being is that zeke is a hall of famer and dak was considered a potential tight end in college. So if dak is better when zeke doesn’t play that’s awesome news. It means our talent level is better than we thought and our play calling and offensive scheme can help us generate more points without having to draft a QB in the top rounds to challenge dak

First off, genius, Zeke is not a "Hall of Famer" - he's had 2 1,000 yard seasons. My goodness...

Secondly, you didn't understand the original post, so I had to explain it to you - thus, making your first response to me irrelevant. What I posted is not difficult to understand - a single RB is not important to Dak's game, just like it isn't for other QBs in the league. Again, this is not a running league, elite RBs don't win you super bowls, it is great QBs and great defenses. Yet you folks are entertaining giving up a good CB?

Unreal. Glorifying mediocrity. The Cowboys way.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't think Byron Jones is enough of an improvement over Lewis to justify the contract he is going to get. I think Zeke is a weapon.

....what the heck? Look, I'm not the biggest Jones fan, but Lewis can hardly get onto the field and Jones played at a top 5 level for most of the season LOL

Come on, people.

conner01

Reaction score

Madden Bowl is fun.
If you can trade Beasley you should be working in the nfl

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
What do you mean I'm trying to win. argument? You bring up Fowler who was a top 3 pick in the draft and he got traded for a 3rd rounder lol......if the object is to get ANYTHING for players than fair enough. I assumed you guys were talking about actually gaining assets for some of our talent. Who's the top 3 pick in the draft that we can trade for a 3rd rounder?
Well our top pick right now is 58 overall right? If taco gets us a third and randy Gregory keeps up his development I wouldn’t hate reading taco for a 3rd. He was actually my pet cat In that draft but imo it’s disconcerting that he needs to be motivated. What would be more exciting in life than rushing the QB?

Even Demarcus Lawrence sometimes scares me bc he only developed when it was money time and we can’t pay all these guys

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Here's a counter argument, Deion Sanders is widely-regarded as the best cornerback to ever play. A top pick from the very start and a Pro Bowler from his 3rd season throughout nearly its entirety.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandDe00.htm

And yet, despite his abilities and obvious reputation, teams still threw in his direction enough for him to get his hands on the football a lot. Never less than two picks in a season. And many times, returning those for touchdowns, 9 in his career.

My point is that Jones isn't and never will be a playmaker on the ball.

And like you, I wouldn't hate the idea of him being traded rather than assuming we pay him top cornerback money $10 - $15 million a year going forward. He's solid, not spectacular.
Good point about that. My theory on Deion is that he did a lot of baiting and then closed in for picks. It is a great tactic. Jones is more "I am going to stick on my man like Gorilla Glue" because I don't want anything bad to happen on my side.

Both approaches are good but I think the difference between the two is Jones is too afraid to do anything outside of what he is asked to do because he is still looking for a payday and he knows that any mistake that happens could mean that his future earnings could go down. Deion was going for the stats so he needed some balls to come his way.