Any thoughts on the Feagles game last night?

AJM1613

Reaction score
My thoughts:

QB: McNabb looked very good in the pocket. His ability to break away from sacks is very good. He hasn't been sacked in any of our three preseason games, with our best offensive lineman out. The line has not been giving him time and I don't think I have ever seen him that strong, in terms of breaking tackles. He had one great throw to Pinkston, which he droped, but he threw it behind Owens on one play. He also needs to put more touch on his throws, he is like Leftwich, he throws the ball too hard. I loved that run.

HB: Westbrook and Levens didn't play but Mahe averaged 4.9 yards per carry against the first team. McCoo averaged 10.2 yards per carry against the second team. The Steelers had a very strong front 7.

FB: Tapeh played well, his first action ever at HB and he had a couple of nice runs. I didn't focus in on Ritchie too much.

TE: Smith had two good catches (one TD) and Lewis had a nice 25 yard catch as well that ended the half.

OT: Thomas is a terrible pass blocker but Runyan was solid.

OG/C: Mayberry didn't play. Hicks can't run block because he is a natural T but he passed blocked well. Andrews will be a great player, every single report I have ever read on him has been great. He dominated his man, either a DE or a DT because they play a 3-4. I didn't really notice Fraley.

WR: Owens pass blocked on the long Mahe run beautifully, but he had a drop. The TD catch felt good, even if it was called back (Fing Thomas). Pinkston had a catch that was blacked out for 20 yards on 3rd down that I didn't see and he had another catch and was drilled. McMullen is terrible.

DE: Kearse was his usual self but he didn't play much. A sack and a FF on our first defensive play. McDougle is going to be a very good player, single him out next time you watch an Eagle game, but Burgess didn't stand out at all like he did the past two weeks.

DT: Simon/Rayburn (who I think will be a very good player) didn't play. Walker had his usual penetration but Thomas was average.

OLB: Wayne was hurt on the second play (sore hammy) and Jones/Reese didn't play. Ena played poorly and Adams was fine.

MLB: Trotter didn't play. Simoneau had a terrible game, I HOPE Trotter is the starter over him.

CB: Ware didn't play. Sheppard shut down Ward (1 catch for 4 yards) but Brown had a bad game. The penalty in the endzone was BS, but he was beat a couple of times. He actually had great coverage in the endzone, and Lewis then Drilled Burress after he got his hands on the ball, it was a great play and he didn't have a catch for the rest of the game. Sheppard covered Burress one play, had great coverage, but Brown was called on offensive holding against Ward.

FS: Dawkins didn't play. Hart was average, nothing stood out to me. Reed played well as a backup.

SS: Lewis had an amazing game. He stuffed Duce on 3rd and 1 and had that hit on Burress. I think he will be a very good player.

K: Akers was perfect, Duncan was so-so.

P: Johnson had a low 39 yarder but he made up with a 50 yard high punt.

KR: Reed was very good.

PR: Wynn dances too much, it may work out well on some play, but it didn't work last night. Pittsburgh (so I heard) has great ST.

So overall:

Westbrook, Levens, Mayberry didn't play on offense. Our rushing game will be better.

Dawkins, Simon, Rayburn, Jones, Trotter, Wayne (pretty much), Reese didn't play on defense.

The best S in the league, 4 of our top 5 LBs and 2 of our top 3 DT didn't play, it wasn't a good gauge on our run stopping.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The penalty where he had Burress with two hands and was pulling him down as the ball arrived, yeah total BS. :rolleyes:

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
The penalty where he had Burress with two hands and was pulling him down as the ball arrived, yeah total BS. :rolleyes:

I just watched the play, I have it on my computer. The ball was lobbed up, Brown turned around a second (which is a long time) before the ball arived got his hand in Burresses hands and pushed the ball out. That is legal.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I just watched the play, I have it on my computer. The ball was lobbed up, Brown turned around a second (which is a long time) before the ball arived got his hand in Burresses hands and pushed the ball out. That is legal.

Put down the pipe.

As Burress turned for the ball he GRABBED him by the neck hole of his shoulder pads and pulled him down, which allowed Lewis to out jump him and knock the ball away.

You are such a homer, it's sick. :rolleyes:

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Put down the pipe.

As Burress turned for the ball he GRABBED him by the neck hole of his shoulder pads and pulled him down, which allowed Lewis to out jump him and knock the ball away.

You are such a homer, it's sick. :rolleyes:

Get the play right before you act like you know what you are talking about. I HAVE THE PLAY ON MY COMPUTER!

Look:

Brown knocked the ball away! No one touched anyone's "neck hole". This is the Eagle game we are talking about, last night, against the Steelers. PI in the endzone?

If it was illegal, it was because his other arm was around Burress' back, he wasn't pushing him or anything, just gaining balance. Burress actually elbowed Brown in the head before he jumped.

I am not a big Brown fan, I think he will turn into an average CB and I hope he will be our NB by next season, but that was a very good play against a 6'5" receiver.

EDIT: Just reread the post and realized I made you look like an idiot. Sorry.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Get the play right before you act like you know what you are talking about. I HAVE THE PLAY ON MY COMPUTER!

Look:

Brown knocked the ball away! No one touched anyone's "neck hole". This is the Eagle game we are talking about, last night, against the Steelers. PI in the endzone?

If it was illegal, it was because his other arm was around Burress' back, he wasn't pushing him or anything, just gaining balance. Burress actually elbowed Brown in the head before he jumped.

I am not a big Brown fan, I think he will turn into an average CB and I hope he will be our NB by next season, but that was a very good play against a 6'5" receiver.

EDIT: Just reread the post and realized I made you look like an idiot. Sorry.

I repeat the play was Brown with late safety help. Brown CLEARLY grabbed him and pulled him down. The SAFETY broke up the catch, then strutted out to the five yard line with his hands in the air.

How 'bout we take a poll about who's an idiot? ;)

Nav22

Reaction score
As hyped up as the Eagles have been for their offseason gains (Owens and Kearse), the media has curiously swept all their problems under the carpet.

1) Their starting CBs suck. Sheppard is average at best, and I don't even want to hear about Sheldon Brown. DON'T LET THE MEDIA FOOL YOU! When a team's #3 CB becomes the #1 CB over an offseason, it IS a big deal. The Eagles and their fans will learn this the hard way.

If the Eagles don't get constant pressure on teams with good WRs, their CBs will be exploited. I truly believe Keyshawn, Glenn, and Bryant can dominate their secondary.

2) Their RB situation is shaky. Nobody knows if Westbrook can be a 20+ carry/game starter for 16 games. If they have to turn to a committee, their offense will struggle. Westbrook/Levens/Mahe is a big step down from Westbrook/Staley/Buckhalter.

3) Their window is shutting. They've had 3 years to get to a Super Bowl, and have blown it each year. The odds are against them from having another opportunity this year.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I repeat the play was Brown with late safety help. Brown CLEARLY grabbed him and pulled him down. The SAFETY broke up the catch, then strutted out to the five yard line with his hands in the air.

How 'bout we take a poll about who's an idiot? ;)

Alright buddy, so he has three arms...

What ever you say.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Sorry, but Brown totally grabbed Plaxico by the neck hole of his jersey as he was going up to try and make the catch, was obvious if you watch the whole play form an angle that shows Plaxico's chest

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
The Philly Corners are very suspect.......

I suspect ;) you're right but until we, or any other team in the division, shows more than they have thus far, the Eagles are the team to beat.

Someone suggested they may have a losing record?

Not gonna happen. They will win the division and lose as usual sometime in the playoffs.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mr. (not Jerry) Jones said:
Sorry, but Brown totally grabbed Plaxico by the neck hole of his jersey as he was going up to try and make the catch, was obvious if you watch the whole play form an angle that shows Plaxico's chest

Click save as.

EDIT: Brown, Lewis, Andrews, Kearse

Notice his arm in between Burress' arms and the hit that Lewis puts on him after it. If it was PI it was either his other hand or something that happened before the camara cut.

Also notice Lewis' stop on 3rd and 1, Kearse's sack and FF and Andrews' blocking.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sarge said:
I suspect ;) you're right but until we, or any other team in the division, shows more than they have thus far, the Eagles are the team to beat.

Someone suggested they may have a losing record?

Not gonna happen. They will win the division and lose as usual sometime in the playoffs.

Sarge I suspect you are probably right also but my suspicion of the Philly corners is undoubtedly correct.

Unfortunately the Eagles are the team to beat and I aldo feel to many people are underestimating the Skins.

Good morning Sarge............You seem do be in fine spirits this morning.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Sarge I suspect you are probably right also but my suspicion of the Philly corners is undoubtedly correct.

Unfortunately the Eagles are the team to beat and I aldo feel to many people are underestimating the Skins.

Morning Pops. No doubt the Eagles are the team to beat and no doubt their CB's are worse than last year.

I also agree the the Skins will be better but I for one, don't think they'll be as good as many are predicting. They are automatically better with the coaching change but they have some problems.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:

Morning CBZ.

The Skins looked awful last night... just awful.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Morning Pops. No doubt the Eagles are the team to beat and no doubt their CB's are worse than last year.

I also agree the the Skins will be better but I for one, don't think they'll be as good as many are predicting. They are automatically better with the coaching change but they have some problems.

Dallas 10-6
Wash 8-8
Philly 7-9
Giants 2-14

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sarge said:

Yes they do have their problems but we have only seen just a small part of the O and a D missing 5-6 starters........

We need to take both games vs the skins it won't be easy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Dallas 10-6
Wash 8-8
Philly 7-9
Giants 2-14

Eagles 11-5
Dallas 9-7