Any thoughts on the Feagles game last night?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Sarge, I think you're closer to reality.

And a Good morning to you Michael.......

Sarge is really on fire this morning as always. :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
And a Good morning to you Michael.......

Sarge is really on fire this morning as always. :D

I know he's looking to pitch into Nors about something... :D

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Eagles 11-5
Dallas 9-7
Skins 7-9
Giants 5-11
I think so, too, Sarge. Although the skins may have trouble winning 7 if Smoot is as bad as he looked last night. I'm thinking the giants and skins may both be staring at 5-11.

I think Dallas just might be able to get to 10 again, but I think philly wins at least 11.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Double Trouble said:
I think so, too, Sarge. Although the skins may have trouble winning 7 if Smoot is as bad as he looked last night. I'm thinking the giants and skins may both be staring at 5-11.

I think Dallas just might be able to get to 10 again, but I think philly wins at least 11.

Smoot did look bad but he's a better player than that. Gibbs as opposed to Spurrier gets them a better record by default IMO.

They still have their problems though.

I agree that Dallas might grab 10 wins but Julius has to start IMO over EG for that to happen.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
Smoot did look bad but he's a better player than that. Gibbs as opposed to Spurrier gets them a better record by default IMO.

They still have their problems though.

I agree that Dallas might grab 10 wins but Julius has to start IMO over EG for that to happen.

Julius Jones starting over Eddie George?

Don't you know Sarge that Eddie has to start so he can "soften up" the defense so Julius can be effective?

Or that's what one of us here tries to convince the rest of us.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Julius Jones starting over Eddie George?

Don't you know Sarge that Eddie has to start so he can "soften up" the defense so Julius can be effective?

Or that's what one of us here tries to convince the rest of us.

:D

But thank God we have EG to get those 2 yards on the goal line. We wouldn't want to tire him out and ask 3 yards of him.

Duane

Reaction score
jterrell said:
overall impressions at length.

QB:
McNabb is a top 10 QB. His ability to break tackles is huge. His accuracy is still suspect but he gets away with it because he keeps so many drives alive with his feet.

RB:
The Eags are in trouble. The guys they played sucked bad. They couldnt even carry a small load. Levens better be able to back up Westbrook.

WR: TO is gonna make alot of big plays. The other guys still stink. The TE is solid and will make key plays.

OL: Should be strong, but they deserve a better running game.

DL: Will pressure the passer but dont stop the run well at all.

LB: Poor group. Suspect tacklers. Will miss Emmons.

DB: CBs are very suspect especially in the nickel.

Drawing up a gameplan versus Philly I'd run the ball alot in regular sets and use 3 WRs on 3rd down almost exclusively. Keyshawn should own the battle in the slot. If they double Keyshawn in the slot you go outside up top to AB.

Defensively you spy McNabb with Dat who will have less to worry about in the running game than usual. Double TO and force twigs to beat you in single coverage against a physical Hunter.

If Twiggy Pinkston EVER catches the ball in front of Roy Williams then lord help him. It might be the worst tv scene since Theisman got his due from LT.

LMAO and good post JT.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
My thoughts on Philly havent changed...their defense stinks and is going to stink worse once the real games start

David

Their defense will improve by leaps and bounds when the real games start. Jim Johnson defenses have always relied heavily on schemes -- complicated stunts and blitzes that you simply don't see in the preseason.

Don't let your hatred for a team blind you to the reality that they're still the team to beat in the NFC East.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Anyone DL that video? Was that PI?

the PI wasn't clear from those angles, but on the 2nd angle at some point Bown's hand gets hidden from the camera by Plaxico's arms and it's during that point that Brown grabbed him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Click save as.

EDIT: Brown, Lewis, Andrews, Kearse

Notice his arm in between Burress' arms and the hit that Lewis puts on him after it. If it was PI it was either his other hand or something that happened before the camara cut.

Also notice Lewis' stop on 3rd and 1, Kearse's sack and FF and Andrews' blocking.

This will be strictly followed per the league. Marvin Harrison is going to catch well over a 100 balls this year. Well over. I expect a significant jump in points scored this year and a lot of frustrated fans, DCs, and DBs. Read some of the leagues hype about it.

AJM1613

Reaction score
jobberone said:
This will be strictly followed per the league. Marvin Harrison is going to catch well over a 100 balls this year. Well over. I expect a significant jump in points scored this year and a lot of frustrated fans, DCs, and DBs. Read some of the leagues hype about it.

It doesn't really matter too much if they called it or not, it is only preseason, but I thought that that was a great play by Brown. All he has to do next time is keep his other hand down.

He did hold on another play and get beat by Burress once when he was playing a zone, so his game wasn't great, but I did like that play.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
It looked [retty clear that brown had his arm around the reciever when he was jumping.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
It looked [retty clear that brown had his arm around the reciever when he was jumping.

He did, but I don't think he was grabbing his jersey and I doubt it affected his jump. It was just bad placement of his arm.

Here we go again, our wide receving core from last season is still hurting us this season. ;)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Actually, the 2nd view shows the problem. The arm behind him stopped him when his momentum was going backwards.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Actually, the 2nd view shows the problem. The arm behind him stopped him when his momentum was going backwards.

????????

He was going up in the air.

How about the other plays on that video? :D