Anybody Else Disappointed In WR Roy Williams?..

Reaction score
I know that Roy Williams has only been here for a few weeks but got to admit that I am a little disappointed with the results thus far.

Roy Williams has said that they ran a similar playbook while he was in Detroit, a number tree system. Roy also said by the time the Cowboys bye-week was over he will be more comfortable with the system.

Now, one would think that after a few weeks of practicing in our system that Roy would have been more of an impact that he has been.

I will go on record again saying that I am not a big fan of Roy Williams but I am hopeful that this trade will payoff down the road.

At this point, Roy Williams, has been a disappointment, so far as a Dallas Cowboy, IMO.

Does anybody else disappointed in Roy Williams?

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Nope, the rest of us have realistic expectations, what with him having played one week with a decent QB.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Can someone please remove his ability to create threads. :bang2:

Smith22

Reaction score
Hard to judge considering the trash we had at QB before the Skins game. The catches he made in the Skins game showed he has excellent hands. Give Romo another 2 games or so to get healthy and then judge not only Roy but the entire offense.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427947 said:
Does anybody else disappointed in Roy Williams?

No, just the opposite.

Almost every catch he has made had been for a 1st down, a TD, or simply a great play.

We have to throw him the ball before he can do anything.

juck

Reaction score
are u serious?the guy played with brad johnson for the first 3 games.last game romo had his hand and wind to deal with and he still played a role and was involved.patience please!RW11 has great great hands.

Reaction score
jackrussell;2427952 said:
This is just silly.

Why? It's true! RW's hasn't been the impact player people were hoping for, thus far. That doesn't mean he won't but right now he has been a disappointment, IMO.

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2427961 said:
No, just the opposite.

Almost every catch he has made had been for a 1st down, a TD, or simply a great play.

We have to throw him the ball before he can do anything.

They have to find ways to get him the ball, I guess.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2427956 said:

Isn't that the freaking truth.

There are about 4 people that create threads that make this entire board appear as though it's filled with mental incompetents.

Reaction score
Smith22;2427958 said:
Hard to judge considering the trash we had at QB before the Skins game. The catches he made in the Skins game showed he has excellent hands. Give Romo another 2 games or so to get healthy and then judge not only Roy but the entire offense.

Agreed!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I thought he played well Sunday with a real qb. Snatched that ball on the sideline, made a nice move on the quick throw he caught at the line of scrimmage. I also watched him get a piece of two defenders on Barber's 4th and 1 carry which was the most critical play of the game becuse it finished them.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
wow......i guess i can.. still be surprised by whats written on this interweb
thingy.
thats good to know, i thought my time spent in the Political Zone had
jaded me but once again i was wrong.

Reaction score
nyc;2427956 said:

Why? because you disagree? Say that you disagree instead of your normal posts. Your like a little baby.

kmd24

Reaction score
First of all, Sunday was his first start and first extensive action. Secondly, go back and watch him block on the 4th down that sealed the win. Think Crayton could have done that?

Texas Roy is playing great and isn't complaining about his numbers, so I guess silly fans have to take up the slack.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be a smart arse and start a thread....

The WOW! player is here....I am impressed with RW so far

Even though he's only had a few games, and only 1 game with Romo, I think he's doing pretty well. I liked the out pass, then before you knew it, he was 10 yards up the field for a 1st down. Looks to have very soft hands, and just pulls the ball in.

Give him a few more games with Tony. Can't expect every pass to go to RW. Then what would TO do. :D

superpunk

Reaction score
I have to admit, when he was brought here I assumed that he would be able to fill in for Brad Johnson and also play a little corner. So I have to say that yes, it has been a major disappointment for me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427985 said:
Why? because you disagree? Say that you disagree instead of your normal posts. Your like a little baby.

No, because most of your threads are asinine filled with (mostly) undue negative undertones. You are a pessimist and your glass is always half empty and you fill this board with bull**** threads.

I don't dislike you, I just get sick of the type of threads you make.