Anybody Else Disappointed In WR Roy Williams?..

Taz

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427947 said:
I know that Roy Williams has only been here for a few weeks but got to admit that I am a little disappointed with the results thus far.

Roy Williams has said that they ran a similar playbook while he was in Detroit, a number tree system. Roy also said by the time the Cowboys bye-week was over he will be more comfortable with the system.

Now, one would think that after a few weeks of practicing in our system that Roy would have been more of an impact that he has been.

I will go on record again saying that I am not a big fan of Roy Williams but I am hopeful that this trade will payoff down the road.

At this point, Roy Williams, has been a disappointment, so far as a Dallas Cowboy, IMO.

Does anybody else disappointed in Roy Williams?

Dude has been good, romo needs to throw him the damn ball

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting the 'Is anyone disappointed in Felix Jones?' thread.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Hostile;2441134 said:
Why would you drag back a 2 days dead thread?

Actually, seems like a good topic...Not the whole 'is he a disappointment' thing, but Roy Williams in general.

I'd like to see him get the ball a little more...Here's hoping the more time he gets with Romo, the more he'll be a part of the offense because he's looked good so far.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FCBarca;2441250 said:
Actually, seems like a good topic...Not the whole 'is he a disappointment' thing, but Roy Williams in general.

I'd like to see him get the ball a little more...Here's hoping the more time he gets with Romo, the more he'll be a part of the offense because he's looked good so far.
Pfft.

It was, and still is, an awful thread that won't die. Have at it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
monkey;2431707 said:
Just seems foolish to even insinuate that Roy hasn't performed up to what was expected of him. Catching the limited balls that are thrown at him, scoring a TD, and helping block....not sure what else he could be doing that he isn't.

Seemed pretty clear that Roy Williams was not traded to just put up big numbers this year, he was the future #1 receiver we all have worried about as TO gets up in age. Even with that, RW has 6 games (plus the playoffs) to really increase his role in the offense.

He's a bust because he didn't catch that one pass that sailed over his outstretched fingers. Gotta make that catch, Roy!

jgboys1

Reaction score
I say we trade him to Detroit, for a #1, #3 and a #6 in next years draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
jgboys1;2441549 said:
I say we trade him to Detroit, for a #1, #3 and a #6 in next years draft.

That's waaay too much to ask for.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Old thread but, the only thing you could be disappointed about was the 1st round pick. We are in week 12 and would have probably signed Williams in the off season. Was giving up draft picks really worth it for a player we probaby get in the offseason? Because regardless of what people say he isn't going to be comfortable in this offense until he goes through a training camp. It's too much to ask of the guy to be 'great' this season IMO even if he has a few good games stats wise.

:star:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Threads about underperforming overpaid players will never die.

Unless they are silenced. People have opinions and at $9M per and giving a #1 and a #3 it is a legitimate discussion. People got wowwed by a 7th overall pick that looks good in underwear and kinda has done nothing this season.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2441437 said:
Wow! This thread has taken on a life of it's own. LMAO! Another weak performance from Williams!

This thread is another weak performance from YOU.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
When are some of the haters of Williams going to learn that the value of this trade will not be able to be measured until you see what he's done over 3-4 years here? I mean you people do realise that this trade wasn't made simply for what he'd do this year. What he does this year is icing on the cake for this seasons team. The true benefit of Roy Williams will be what he's doing on this team over the next 3 years.

But I guess in this 'i have to have immediate results and instant bang for my buck' world that some Cowboys fans live in this deal will always be a bad one. If the guy catches 50 TD passes over the next 5 years there will still be some of these same people talking about how we gave up too much for him.