Anybody Else Disappointed In WR Roy Williams?..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These Roy Williams hate threads will never stop.

Reaction score
Hostile;2428070 said:
Judas Priest.

I should close the thread, but it reminds me I need to go to the bathroom.

Again, I never said Roy Sucks or any of that. I was just hoping more from him especially coming off the bye-week and Philips saying RW's will be an intergal part of the offense against the Skins.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2428081 said:
A nice game but...... when you give up what Dallas gave up.... money and picks... you would expect more than three catches and a block.

I was hoping for Roy Williams to get more open and have more than three catches.

Hey, I understand that Brad was the QB but with Romo back and after the bye-week he be better.

I guess I took what Philips said to heart about RW's will be an intergal part of the offense against the Skins.

Witten had two catches and a few great blocks, is he a disappointment ?

Don't let one game fool you, if you didn't notice that was a smashmouth football game. Romo had under 200 yards passing, what could Roy do ?

Reaction score
Idgit;2428093 said:
These Roy Williams hate threads will never stop.

Where does it say I hate Roy! Another poster, reading into things. Some of you Cowboy fans are like Eagle fans. LMAO!

Reaction score
dwdj75;2428104 said:
Witten had two catches and a few great blocks, is he a disappointment ?

Don't let one game fool you, if you didn't notice that was a smashmouth football game. Romo had under 200 yards passing, what could Roy do ?

To be honest, Witten has had too many drops as of late. But... Witten is a Pro-bowler every year and RW"s was a pro-bowler once.

Again, I just would like to see Garrett find ways to get RW's the ball if he is all of that.

Reaction score
aikemirv;2428092 said:
Not at all.

But I am dissapointed that we lost 2 of the next 3 after we got him because of the Romo injury and that the price we paid for him will be extreme if we don't get into the playoffs this year.

:bow:

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427947 said:
I know that Roy Williams has only been here for a few weeks but got to admit that I am a little disappointed with the results thus far.

Roy Williams has said that they ran a similar playbook while he was in Detroit, a number tree system. Roy also said by the time the Cowboys bye-week was over he will be more comfortable with the system.

Now, one would think that after a few weeks of practicing in our system that Roy would have been more of an impact that he has been.

I will go on record again saying that I am not a big fan of Roy Williams but I am hopeful that this trade will payoff down the road.

At this point, Roy Williams, has been a disappointment, so far as a Dallas Cowboy, IMO.

Does anybody else disappointed in Roy Williams?

You have got to be kidding :bang2:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'm elated we have Roy Williams at WR and am not one bit dissappointed in his play. Anytime a ball went his way and was in the vicinity to be caught, he caught it.

In fact, I prefer the ball to go to him before T.O at this point because Roy's hands just seem surer. The guy hasn't dropped 1 ball that I seen thrown to him. Short or deep.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem getting the ball to T.O either. Both of these guys are strenghts on our team and haven't been fully utilized because of poor QB play and horrible offensive play calling. Even Witten at this point seems non existent. Put your dissappointment on Garrett and the QB play.

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2428130 said:
I'm elated we have Roy Williams at WR and am not one bit dissappointed in his play. Anytime a ball went his way and was in the vicinity to be caught, he caught it.

In fact, I prefer the ball to go to him before T.O at this point because Roy's hands just seem surer. The guy hasn't dropped 1 ball that I seen thrown to him. Short or deep.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem getting the ball to T.O either. Both of these guys are strenghts on our team and haven't been fully utilized because of poor QB play and horrible offensive play calling. Even Witten at this point seems non existent. Put your dissappointment on Garrett and the QB play.

I agree with you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2428143 said:
http://i185.***BLOCKED***/albums/x310/awesomesiege/I_Hate_You.jpg

:laugh2:
That is so twisted in so many ways...but funny.

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2428131 said:
what were you expecting from Williams? He's barely getting thrown to by a real qb.

Is that because he isn't getting open? Is it because of Garrett. All that I am saying is it has been a few weeks and I was hoping for more than three catches.

I get that Brad was the QB but he didn't do much with Romo in there.

Like I keep saying, I hope RW's gets it going.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2428123 said:
Guys, go read the DMN Blog! Than you will see that my post isn't as bad as you guys think!
Actually it is. I'd rather re-read the 49ers troll.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2428123 said:
Guys, go read the DMN Blog! Than you will see that my post isn't as bad as you guys think!

The premise of the post is bad though. The idea that he could have somehow done more!

Roy Williams has not had a chance.

First week against the Rams - are you serious? You expected something?

Second week -Only TD we scored!

Third week - Two QB's and made a great catch

4th Week - offense determined to run the ball - Romo not 100% and he still was 3 yrds off being the leading WR.

In short - new offense - QB's stunk up the joint - and you expect more from Roy Williams