Anybody Else Disappointed In WR Roy Williams?..

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427947 said:
I know that Roy Williams has only been here for a few weeks but got to admit that I am a little disappointed with the results thus far.

Roy Williams has said that they ran a similar playbook while he was in Detroit, a number tree system. Roy also said by the time the Cowboys bye-week was over he will be more comfortable with the system.

Now, one would think that after a few weeks of practicing in our system that Roy would have been more of an impact that he has been.

I will go on record again saying that I am not a big fan of Roy Williams but I am hopeful that this trade will payoff down the road.

At this point, Roy Williams, has been a disappointment, so far as a Dallas Cowboy, IMO.

Does anybody else disappointed in Roy Williams?

Riddle me this:

Since the week Tony injured his finger - which, incidentally, was the same week Dallas acquired Roy Williams - how many Cowboy wide receivers have had big games?

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Yahoo Team Report
• WR Roy Williams had three catches in his first three games with the Cowboys without Tony Romo. He had three catches, all for first downs, in Romo’s first game back from a broken finger.

Looks like things are picking up to me, I think we might have a keeper, cough (3 first downs) cough :D .

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427963 said:
Why? It's true! RW's hasn't been the impact player people were hoping for, thus far. That doesn't mean he won't but right now he has been a disappointment, IMO.

Since I am a such a classy poster, I will not belittle your comment like some others have. Instead, I would point out that perhaps your individual expectations for Roy Williams were too high as compared to those with non-ridiculous expectations.

Reaction score
nyc;2428023 said:
No, because most of your threads are asinine filled with (mostly) undue negative undertones. You are a pessimist and your glass is always half empty and you fill this board with bull**** threads.

I don't dislike you, I just get sick of the type of threads you make.

Good because i hate you. We are even! As most do here, they read into things too much. I just would of hope RW's would have done more. Austin and Crayton have done just as much as RW's. Giving up three picks for one guy is too much.

I also said that I have hope that Roy can make an impact.

I get it, you guys protect your University of Texas, overrated players, all the time. Priceless.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
You could actually make about fifteen to twenty of these threads just change out the player.

Everybody's been a disappointment these last three games, excluding Sunday night.

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2428051 said:
Since I am a such a classy poster, I will not belittle your comment like some others have. Instead, I would point out that perhaps your individual expectations for Roy Williams were too high as compared to those with non-ridiculous expectations.

Appreciate it! That's all that I am looking for! Hey, you can agree or disagree but do it like you do, that's cool!

I guess when you give up three draft picks for one player you would hope for more. Like I said, I hope RW's starts getting it going.

EndGame

Reaction score
Let's see...

He played several games with an extremely over-the-hill QB, and then one with a rusty QB with a broken finger. No ... I'm okay with him so far.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2428055 said:
Good because i hate you. We are even! As most do here, they read into things too much. I just would of hope RW's would have done more. Austin and Crayton have done just as much as RW's. Giving up three picks for one guy is too much.

I also said that I have hope that Roy can make an impact.

I get it, you guys protect your University of Texas, overrated players, all the time. Priceless.

You don't think he made an impact Sunday?

He had three 1st down catches and a block to seal the game.

What are you exactly wanting from him ?

What are your expectations ?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Judas Priest.

I should close the thread, but it reminds me I need to go to the bathroom.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know that Roy Williams has only been here for a few weeks but got to admit that I am a little disappointed with the results thus far.

Roy Williams has said that they ran a similar playbook while he was in Detroit, a number tree system. Roy also said by the time the Cowboys bye-week was over he will be more comfortable with the system.

Now, one would think that after a few weeks of practicing in our system that Roy would have been more of an impact that he has been.

I will go on record again saying that I am not a big fan of Roy Williams but I am hopeful that this trade will payoff down the road.

At this point, Roy Williams, has been a disappointment, so far as a Dallas Cowboy, IMO.

Not disappointed at all and I think we will see his number increase the more he works with Romo.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
juckie;2427962 said:
are u serious?the guy played with brad johnson for the first 3 games.last game romo had his hand and wind to deal with and he still played a role and was involved.patience please!RW11 has great great hands.

Also, Roy looks like a pretty good blocker for a receiver. You can never underestimate that. I will reserve judgement on him till he and Romo can get more comfortable together. The NFL is such a timing game that they need at least a few games to develop chemistry.

Reaction score
dwdj75;2428068 said:
You don't think he made an impact Sunday?

He had three 1st down catches and a block to seal the game.

What are you exactly wanting from him ?

What are your expectations ?

A nice game but...... when you give up what Dallas gave up.... money and picks... you would expect more than three catches and a block.

I was hoping for Roy Williams to get more open and have more than three catches.

Hey, I understand that Brad was the QB but with Romo back and after the bye-week he be better.

I guess I took what Philips said to heart about RW's will be an intergal part of the offense against the Skins.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

[youtube]OXc5ltzKq3Y[/youtube]

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I know I will get bashed for using this word... "target"

We should(need to) TARGET Roy Williams.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Not at all.

But I am dissapointed that we lost 2 of the next 3 after we got him because of the Romo injury and that the price we paid for him will be extreme if we don't get into the playoffs this year.