Anybody else smell the Campo Years right around the corner?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Better hope Dez and Tyron don't get fed up with the losing culture and sign elsewhere... Everyone thinks that's a foregone conclusion that we resign them but this is what happens to Oakland, Cleveland and Jacksonville.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
How exactly does this thread NOT belong in the rant zone? Crap like this adds absolutely nothing to the board. And the funniest part is that Zordon was bashing xwalker for posting a fascinating message about our salary cap situation, and then Zordon litters the board wit this garbage.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
How exactly does this thread NOT belong in the rant zone? Crap like this adds absolutely nothing to the board. And the funniest part is that Zordon was bashing xwalker for posting a fascinating message about our salary cap situation, and then Zordon litters the board wit this garbage.

Welcome to the new CowboysZone. Quantity over quality.

birdwells1

Reaction score
8-8 is the worst thing to happen to this franchise.

That's right, either make the playoffs or do what the Texans and 49ers did a few years ago, picking at the top of each round doesn't hurt your chances.

Zordon

Reaction score
Way to twist my thoughts to fit your whiny narrative. I had a specific issue with a portion of his post. I also in the same post made sure to credit xwalker for being a fantastic poster.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We can get a 3rd/4th OG late in VFA without any significant outlay. QB depends on what Orton does. We'll need to add a WR at some point, but there are veterans available there, and the draft is deep at WR, too. RB I'd like to see addressed because I don't like Randle, but we can do that next offseason if we want to.

We do have to address DL, and not just high in the draft. I agree.

I wonder why some say this, I'm perfectly fine with Dez, Williams, Beasley, and Harris.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

http://i146.***BLOCKED***/albums/r273/bengm/postofthday-35.gif

birdwells1

Reaction score
In what? The chance to get demolished in the first round of the playoffs by NO because our division sucked?

Yay?

To JJ that would have been a successful season relatively speaking but I'm hoping the build a team that's expected to compete for the Championship not sneak in the playoffs.

morasp

Reaction score
I wonder why some say this, I'm perfectly fine with Dez, Williams, Beasley, and Harris.

I wonder if Linehan will come up with some creative ways to get Harris the ball in space. I know he's important on special teams but I really feel like we should take more advantage of his skills on offense.

kevm3

Reaction score
What we have now is worse than us being in the gutter because it continually allows Jerry Jones to sell his 'one more piece' 'we're on the cusp of success' rationale. Cutting Ware and Austin were necessary moves. The moves Jerry decides to take after that may not be right, but at least we're not holding on to old players with exorbitant contracts to the extent we used to. Sometimes things have to come crashing down before it gets better, so if going through the "campo years" makes Jerry Jones move out of the way and get a real GM, then I'm all for that. 4 straight years of missing the play-offs and historic collapses sure wasn't a treat.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I think some are forgetting just how bad the Campo years were. There was no hope those years ... the only decent talent coming in were knuckleheads who couldn't stay in the league. Those were some horrible, horrible years with incredibly horrible drafts.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Welcome to the new CowboysZone. Quantity over quality.

The thought police have been mobilized......
Happiness_is_Mandatory_by_Joebles.jpg

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The sad thing is 4-12 or worse doesn't guarantee anything better the next year. So you guys hoping to tank it so things get better...might want to reconsider. We swept the Commanders this past year, they have made several free agent signings and don't look any better...the Giants...meh. You guys are really overestimating our competition and severely underestimating our team. The offense has talent. The defense has some pieces....and can't really get much worse overall than they were a year ago. I think it's hilarious that people don't think all the injuries including our entire DL and best LB help explain the performance of the defense. The team is getting younger and hopefully hungrier.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Campo years.

Oh yes...the string of 5-11 years.

Got news for you. It's gonna get worse. Real worse. So bad...we are gonna wish for the Campo years. How can people forgot the head coach of the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions is now our defensive coordinator?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Detroit_Lions_season

There was a reason why we had the worst defense in the history of the Cowboys last year. Now we just promoted him to lead the D.

Consider this the perfect storm. An owner that is unwilling to pay top defensive talent. A defensive coordinator that has convinced the owner he can take inferior talent and make a winner.

2014 Cowboys may give the 2008 Lions a run for their money.

Historians will look back and say what kind of owner would hire a coach that led the only team in NFL history to 0-16???? And then promote him?

This will be Jerry Jones darkest hour when all the dust settles.

0-16? Really?