Video: Anybody else tired of hearing about Dak's "leadership"?

Zordon

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been celebrated for his leadership, outplayed Dak in the playoff game. We only care about results moving forward. Dak is on notice.

Why would a devoted Cowboys fan be tired of hearing how good their QB is?

Only pathetic trolls get upset at such things.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

The local media is soft on him for a reason, and it's obviously not why you think it is.

It's called access media. If they cover him in a bad light, or interrogate him with questions he doesn't like, or they ambush him somehow, then he won't talk to whoever that was the next game or give them a quote on the cakewalk/fashion show or whatever before the next game that he wins. The reporters, unless they're independent guys, have to maintain the access to the player. Otherwise, there is no story.

This is common in other beats, too, that are more serious, outside of entertainment and sports: reporters ask softball questions rather than the tough ones, so they don't lose access to the subject/source of the story.

As far as Dak goes, though, I'm not sure anyone could do anything right for some of his haters. And, surely, he'll never do anything worthy of their praise, outside of winning a Super Bowl. And even then, the same people who hate him now will still hate him and say he only did it because of the defense. He can't win with some of you. Thankfully, there are those of us who see this fact and the divide isn't quite as large as it is loud, and annoying.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(Rockport..please ignore my post....we know how each other feels about this)

"Leadership" is about more than pats on the butt and new Nikes. It's about more than just sayin the company line. It's about more than just doing your job and showing up for work. It's a very difficult thing to be a true leader. It's risky. There's often some unpleasantness. You do things above your ability and inspire others to do the same.

I am not sure that I have seen that from Dak. And he doesn't HAVE to for us to win. He can just do his job and that;s fine.

But I do have to roll eyes every time I see someone say it's one of his best traits. We might be in trouble if that's the case.

Now Micah....on the other hand...truly inspires!

IMHO of course.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I've been calling this leadership BS out for years.

Dak was trained to be a "leader" in college. He has a Masters in "Workforce Leadership".

The thing is though, you can't train someone to be a leader. You can train them to say all the right things to make them sound like a leader but at the end of the day they are who they are and they will revert to that when the heat is on.

Unfortunately there is no shortage of people who suck that crap up.

Remember the infamous coin toss controversy? Remember how Lawrence walked all over Dak and called the toss himself and Dak just stood there laughing instead of recognizing what was happening and stepping in as a leader? Absolutely embarrassing.

Dak is far more focused on being one of the guys than he is being a real leader.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

"Leadership" is about more than pats on the butt and new Nikes. It's about more than just sayin the company line. It's about more than just doing your job and showing up for work. It's a very difficult thing to be a true leader. It's risky. There's often some unpleasantness. You do things above your ability and inspire others to do the same.

I am not sure that I have seen that from Dak. And he doesn't HAVE to for us to win. He can just do his job and that;s fine.

But I do have to roll eyes every time I see someone say it's one of his best traits. We might be in trouble if that's the case.

IMHO of course.

Bingo.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

IMHO of course.
You are on the money with this one. A leader isn’t just a hype man or a good team guy. He doesn’t just “boost” morale by giving high fives and butt pats like Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett was a good team guy. Doesn’t mean he was a leader or a good coach. Same mantra applies to Dak.

A good leader is exactly as you stated, Micah Parsons. He leads by example. He plays hard. Doesn’t stop til the whistle blows. Even out of the locker room, his words and mostly his attitude inspires. When he wins, he doesn’t take all the credit but is not afraid to give himself a pat on the back. When we lose, he puts it all on himself. Whether injured or not injured, he will give it his all. And on top of that, he’s just a monster, and other teams and players see and respect that. Because of that, us fans actually feel how real of a leader Micah is, despite being one of the youngest on the team. That is the true example of a leader. A man to follow.

terra

Reaction score
Why would a devoted Cowboys fan be tired of hearing how good their QB is?

Only pathetic trolls get upset at such things.
Dak fanboys like you will never face reality until he retires without getting near a ring. I doubt you will be able to admit it even then.