Video: Anybody else tired of hearing about Dak's "leadership"?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You are on the money with this one. A leader isn’t just a hype man or a good team guy. He doesn’t just “boost” morale by giving high fives and butt pats like Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett was a good team guy. Doesn’t mean he was a leader or a good coach. Same mantra applies to Dak.

A good leader is exactly as you stated, Micah Parsons. He leads by example. He plays hard. Doesn’t stop til the whistle blows. Even out of the locker room, his words and mostly his attitude inspires. When he wins, he doesn’t take all the credit but is not afraid to give himself a pat on the back. When we lose, he puts it all on himself. Whether injured or not injured, he will give it his all. And on top of that, he’s just a monster, and other teams and players see and respect that. Because of that, us fans actually feel how real of a leader Micah is, despite being one of the youngest on the team. That is the true example of a leader. A man to follow.

Nah, a leader goes out and does things, leads by example and follows through with their word, makes sacrifices for the team that he isn't required to. That's why Micah is a leader. And if you're honest with yourself, Dak is a leader as well. Just not maybe a leader in the way you want him to be.

What does Dak not do as a leader? How does he not lead by example?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Why would a devoted Cowboys fan be tired of hearing how good their QB is?

Only pathetic trolls get upset at such things.

The OP is pointing out the constant "Dak is a leader" talk and the question has been brought up what has Dak led Dallas to exactly?

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s always been this way since he stepped in the door. He’s a natural at it. Some people are follower’s and some are leaders. According to reports forever no one works harder than he does as well.

Having said all that, that doesn’t mean he’s the greatest QB ever. But it’s made him into a pretty good one. If he was lazy etc and didn’t study like a Kyler Murray type he would be an awful QB.

terra

Reaction score
Dak is a leader the day he makes the game winning plays in the Super Bowl.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
(Rockport..please ignore my post....we know how each other feels about this)

"Leadership" is about more than pats on the butt and new Nikes. It's about more than just sayin the company line. It's about more than just doing your job and showing up for work. It's a very difficult thing to be a true leader. It's risky. There's often some unpleasantness. You do things above your ability and inspire others to do the same.

I am not sure that I have seen that from Dak. And he doesn't HAVE to for us to win. He can just do his job and that;s fine.

But I do have to roll eyes every time I see someone say it's one of his best traits. We might be in trouble if that's the case.

Now Micah....on the other hand...truly inspires!

IMHO of course.
Pretty funny because you’ve got a bunch of uninformed, terrifically biased cranks vs everyone exposed to him in real life. Tough choice there

cowboyec

Reaction score
trent dilfer won a super bowl.
i've never heard anyone call him a leader...for that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The local media is soft on him for a reason, and it's obviously not why you think it is.

It's called access media. If they cover him in a bad light, or interrogate him with questions he doesn't like, or they ambush him somehow, then he won't talk to whoever that was the next game or give them a quote on the cakewalk/fashion show or whatever before the next game that he wins. The reporters, unless they're independent guys, have to maintain the access to the player. Otherwise, there is no story.

This is common in other beats, too, that are more serious, outside of entertainment and sports: reporters ask softball questions rather than the tough ones, so they don't lose access to the subject/source of the story.

As far as Dak goes, though, I'm not sure anyone could do anything right for some of his haters. And, surely, he'll never do anything worthy of their praise, outside of winning a Super Bowl. And even then, the same people who hate him now will still hate him and say he only did it because of the defense. He can't win with some of you. Thankfully, there are those of us who see this fact and the divide isn't quite as large as it is loud, and annoying.

You summed up talk surrounding Dak very well and applies to this board: if anyone criticizes Dak they are a hater or a troll and then you have those that 'want access' by never blaming Dak for anything.

If Dak or the organization can't take the media criticizing Dak or asking tough questions then what does that say about Dak and the organization in terms of being thick skinned or thin skinned? The media or members on this board shouldn't have to be concerned with being blocked or ridiculed simply for asking the tough questions or providing tough criticism.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
QB's lead on offenses, not teams.

I see, so Dak isn't a TEAM leader but only the offensive leader? Interesting take on things seeing as how Mahomes, Allen, Brady, etc. are viewed as TEAM leaders and not just the leader of the offense.

Ken

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

Guys, Garrapolo TOTALLY OUTPLAYED Dak.

JImmy G 16-25 172 yards 0 tds and 1 Int. 67.4 rating
Dak 23-43 254 yards 1 td and 1 int. 27 Rush yards and a Rush td. 69.3 rating.

This is the delusion we face on this board.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
parsons said he is the heartbeat of this team.
his own teammates are the ones talking about his being a leader.
yet you cannot and won't address that.
i dont have to give an answer.
his teammates already did.
Ask yourself this....

What would happen to anyone in that locker room if they disagreed with this narrative that has existed since the day Dak took over as the starter?

How do you think that would end for them?

Sometimes you have to "Go along to get along".

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Nah, a leader goes out and does things, leads by example and follows through with their word, makes sacrifices for the team that he isn't required to. That's why Micah is a leader. And if you're honest with yourself, Dak is a leader as well. Just not maybe a leader in the way you want him to be.

What does Dak not do as a leader? How does he not lead by example?

So then why didn't Dak 'sacrifice' for the team during contract talks and accept the $35M/year 5-year deal that was on the table and instead demand a $40M/year 4-year deal instead? Did he not want to 'sacrifice' some money to add pieces to the team? Did he not want to 'sacrifice' by approving the 5th year or does he not believe in this team to stay for a 5th year?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Dak is all about Dak. At the end of the day he would sell out his teammates for more money. Which is fine but he tries to be the good guy. If I was a slightly better than average QB I would also go for the money. Superbowl trophies don't put food in the table or pay for new knees.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ask yourself this....

What would happen to anyone in that locker room if they disagreed with this narrative that has existed since the day Dak took over as the starter?

How do you think that would end for them?

Sometimes you have to "Go along to get along".
bull.
i seriously doubt for one second that guys like tyron smith zack martin dlaw or micah are scared of blow back.

leeblair

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

There's a difference between a leader and a cheerleader. Dak is the latter. He knows where the microphone is, and makes himself readily available.
But he IS NOT a leader on the field.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Guys, Garrapolo TOTALLY OUTPLAYED Dak.

JImmy G 16-25 172 yards 0 tds and 1 Int. 67.4 rating
Dak 23-43 254 yards 1 td and 1 int. 27 Rush yards and a Rush td. 69.3 rating.

This is the delusion we face on this board.

Statistically speaking, no Jimmy didn't have better stats but Jimmy G. helped to lead SF to scoring drives in 5 of their 7 original offensive possessions (5th drive was 3 plays before end of half) to give SF a 23-7 lead by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Also, of the above posted Dak stats here is Dak's 4th quarter stats: 9 of 14 for 101 yards 64.3% Comp % 7.21 ypa 2 rushes 22 yards 1 td

So the first 3 quarters Dak's stats: 14 of 29 for 153 yards 48.3% Comp % 5.28 ypa 1 td 1 int 5 rushing yards

That illustrates what many claim and get upset about regarding Dak: where is he the first 3 quarters of a game to where the defense tries to keep Dallas in the game????

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
bull.
i seriously doubt for one second that guys like tyron smith zack martin dlaw or micah are scared of blow back.
You can doubt it all you want but I guarantee that anyone who called out the leadership BS would suffer consequences of some kind. You just can't speak out against an established narrative. Doesn't matter if its a sports team, a corporate setting or even a family setting.

Not to mention guys like the ones you mention likely also realize that there is really no upside to speaking the truth other than to satisfy some personal, ego driven itch. They know it will be detrimental to their goals as well as team goals. So they go along to get along.

Except for guys like TO. How'd that work out for him?