Anybody remember the fan base and franchise being at this nadir?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Take your time. Look up the word nadir.

Ahem. Some of us want us to tank, mates.
The others have delusions of playoffs and ... yes, the Super Bowl.
Still, others, want us to win with this collection of scrubs, underperforming "stars" and has-beens. Win for the sake of winning. But win what? A win for Jerry's ego? Merchandising? For your $5 bet with that annoying neighbor with a Norm Hitzges brogue? (Yes, he is not fond of me Leeds patois.)

Low Point in Cowboys' history. The franchise is weak and indecisive, coddles players and perpetually gits No. 15 and trades down if Jerry is feeling like "a football guy."

On the fracture inglamorious sector the belief has been an 7-9 or better record will get us, kind chaps, into the playoffs. It could happen. Frightening.
Do you look forward for quick gain? Do you care about draft number?

Hollah.

ICP

Reaction score
Hate losing but I believe the best thing would be if they lose the rest of their games and get the best draft pick possible. At the same time we can only hope that some type of realization dawns on our egotistical owner and he finally hires a real football GM. Yeah I know that's a pipe dream but it's my dream all the same

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'll save people some time...

na·dir
  1. the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization.
    "they had reached the nadir of their sufferings"

I need to know something - what's wrong with using normal words? It reminds me of a supervisor who sent me to get fitted for a uniform but used the word 'fitment' rather than telling me to go get fitted for some new threads. He only did stuff like that because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

No one talks like this.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

na·dir

I need to know something - what's wrong with using normal words? It reminds me of a supervisor who sent me to get fitted for a uniform but used the word 'fitment' rather than telling me to go get fitted for some new threads. He only did stuff like that because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

No one talks like this.
giphy.gif

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

na·dir

No one talks like this.

And that is too bad, as the english language adds words fewer are used. This makes me melancholy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

na·dir

No one talks like this.
:muttley:
Your fitment didn't work.
They are all twisted.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

na·dir

No one talks like this.
For you I will rush out an abridged version with words understandable in the Piney Woods and Edinburg regions.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Can’t think of worse time. Even the campo years the guys played with heart. This team has overhyped talent, mental midget players, terrible coaching and F/O, injuries to boot, and does nothing well. Very boring team and I wouldn’t even feel confident saying we beat the Jets.