Anybody remember the fan base and franchise being at this nadir?

blueblood70

Reaction score
aThis thread is awesome first we had Nadier now we have

This thread is a plethora of new words for me! First we had Nadir now we have Swomting..I'd be so stupid if not for this board!
was typo i didnt realize i made until the edit was to late , they dont allow you to go back after few minutes..and? it happens

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Relax, brother...smoke a bowl, get faded...it's all just cacophony.

See, you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil has to be lead.

(your not stupid...i bet your ugly...maybe)

ICP

Reaction score
He’s only the GM in title. He doesn’t go out and find talent. That’s Will McClays job. Jerry just tells all the players how great they are and lavishes them with a country club facilities and atmosphere. That therein is the problem.
If so he's still the guy that employs McClay and is 'Supposed' to be the guy that directs the decisions on putting a team together. 25+ years this team has been, for the most part, mediocre. I agree in part with what you say is the problem and honestly never accounted for that part of the 'problem'. All in all I don't expect things to change until at least Jerry and quite possible Stephen turn the GM duties to a real football guy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Take your time. Look up the word nadir.

Ahem. Some of us want us to tank, mates.
The others have delusions of playoffs and ... yes, the Super Bowl.
Still, others, want us to win with this collection of scrubs, underperforming "stars" and has-beens. Win for the sake of winning. But win what? A win for Jerry's ego? Merchandising? For your $5 bet with that annoying neighbor with a Norm Hitzges brogue? (Yes, he is not fond of me Leeds patois.)

Low Point in Cowboys' history. The franchise is weak and indecisive, coddles players and perpetually gits No. 15 and trades down if Jerry is feeling like "a football guy."

On the fracture inglamorious sector the belief has been an 7-9 or better record will get us, kind chaps, into the playoffs. It could happen. Frightening.
Do you look forward for quick gain? Do you care about draft number?

Hollah.

This is not the nadir of the team. Not even close.

Assuming a QB, offense looks good for next year.

Addition by subtraction with Jaylon and Crawford at least. Besides Lawrence, and a little with Brown, we have *no* money tied up in the defense. We spent on McCoy, Poe, Griffen, and Worley.

Lots of picks and money heading to the defense. Need to spend those resources better than we have in recent years on the defense, but the resources to improve are there.

And we have lots of guys back for a pittance. Hope we get a real offseason next year for them to train.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We’ve been lower. In Jerry and Jimmy’s first year (1-15), I travelled from Virginia to Texas for a game and to tour Texas Stadium. 1) The stadium was half empty throughout the game. 2) The night before the game, our waitress asked where we were from with our unusual accents (what accents). Then she asked what brought us to Dallas. After we told her we were going to the game and had been Cowboys fans our whole lives, she calmly and genuinely asked, “Why?”

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Lowest point I can remember was 3 and 13, bought by a new owner, and Landry treated like crap and fired. I didn't think the team would ever get good again.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still believe in the Anti-Nadir. :D:popcorn:

Up to you to take me serious or not...figure I better add this, so some, do not get their Blood Pressure up so high so fast so early. :muttley:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We’ve been lower. In Jerry and Jimmy’s first year (1-15), I travelled from Virginia to Texas for a game and to tour Texas Stadium. 1) The stadium was half empty throughout the game. 2) The night before the game, our waitress asked where we were from with our unusual accents (what accents). Then she asked what brought us to Dallas. After we told her we were going to the game and had been Cowboys fans our whole lives, she calmly and genuinely asked, “Why?”
That's a good story there, Charles.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif
Fittingly, the zenith of responses.