Anybody remember the fan base and franchise being at this nadir?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol
our low point was the late 90s
We are 20 years closer to Jerry's final kickoff.

Just biding time.

CWR

Reaction score
YES, THE NFL'S love of money triumphed all. But many college games and pro games have been cancelled. But I underestimated the steamroller the NFL is.
Yes, riser bloke, I can be pessimistic after a quarter century, yes?
Answer! Hollah

Your negativity is well earned. As always if you prepare for the worst you won't be let down. This season has been one monumental let down for the majority of the fan base.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
giphy.gif
sad ... Horshack died in 2012

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been through the low points in the 60's, 80's and most of the last 20 years but this is the first time I have ever seen so many out of hope that they think the only fix is to lose out for picks. However, I never stopped to ask myself "is this it? Is this the nadir that I have feared for so long"?

But then I recall one Saturday afternoon taking my wife to the movies before going out to dinner. As I sat there, at the low ebb in my life to that point, watching "Mama Mia", my lovely bride turned to me and asked "you're not enjoying this are you"? I replied "nay, dear (the phonetic spelling of nadir) and I fear it will only get worse". That was my nadir moment so this ain't no big thing when you've stood at the ledge to the bowels of hell thinking this might be your eternal soundtrack.

The sad thing is those that still hang onto hope that they think losing will equip these incompetents to win by drafting higher. The grand illusion for some is that they are good at drafting because they refuse to give up on picks that they spin out of control.

My nadir with this franchise was realizing and accepting I will never see another SB win or even participation in one in my lifetime. I do not expect much from them and am seldom disappointed so I guess you could say I embraced my nadir.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no doubt but what our FO execs, in Jerry & Son, will spoil otherwise great talents by coddling and other ways of ruination. I'd much prefer winning as many games as possible and acquiring the best talent to be had. Will McClay has been helpful in that regard, although, acquiring veteran free agents, with proven talent and experience, also bears benefits. Alas, that's where having a solid GM comes in -- it's just a shame that we lack one! :oops:

With a smart coach, an elite QB and a solid GM who knows his stuff, good things await! ;)

P.S. -- an owner who remains in the background wouldn't hurt, either! :D

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I remember the 1-15 season like it was yesterday. That nadir is still unchallenged, even by this year's squad. ;)

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll save people some time...

na·dir
  1. the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization.
    "they had reached the nadir of their sufferings"

I need to know something - what's wrong with using normal words? It reminds me of a supervisor who sent me to get fitted for a uniform but used the word 'fitment' rather than telling me to go get fitted for some new threads. He only did stuff like that because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

No one talks like this.
I like it! Fancier way to say "at this point of suckage"

blueblood70

Reaction score
Take your time. Look up the word nadir.

Ahem. Some of us want us to tank, mates.
The others have delusions of playoffs and ... yes, the Super Bowl.
Still, others, want us to win with this collection of scrubs, underperforming "stars" and has-beens. Win for the sake of winning. But win what? A win for Jerry's ego? Merchandising? For your $5 bet with that annoying neighbor with a Norm Hitzges brogue? (Yes, he is not fond of me Leeds patois.)

Low Point in Cowboys' history. The franchise is weak and indecisive, coddles players and perpetually gits No. 15 and trades down if Jerry is feeling like "a football guy."

On the fracture inglamorious sector the belief has been an 7-9 or better record will get us, kind chaps, into the playoffs. It could happen. Frightening.
Do you look forward for quick gain? Do you care about draft number?

Hollah.
this has been gone over 1000s of times, regardless of what fans think or want, no coach or player goes out on any field thinking of the fictitious fan born word, TANK, they dont go to lose, they play to win."you play to win the game..

in cases like our teams in as fan I'm still hoping for hard fought game and a win, however the losses are easier to accept because of the draft pick status..

I have zero hope or expectations these last handful of game, I want to see fight, passion, and competitive spirit , win or lose , only select few fans and flame stoking media talk about draft status's and want drama for better draft picks..Ive seen some bad teams have multiple first round picks and a few years THREE and still took decade to start having it payoff, two of them still dont have a QB LOL so counting on the draft as quick turn around, meh maybe it helps m, our team actually just bringing back our healthy 17 we lost, will be a lot better then most here feel for 2021 , the draft is bonus like 2015/2016 transformation this will be very close..

we will be top 10 no matter what, cant see how we wont and as far as i know picking top 10 in 7 rounds should get you great shots at talent..

I also heard being top 5 this years isnt a lock as the talent isnt top 5 talent so our needs and BPA should match our draft picks..

so i just want to see football, wait for long off season with a nearly cancelled season that finally got here , with new staff with had no idea about and well honestly the season was coming apart before it stared. the loss of bookend tackles before game 2 , Tfred retirement, McCoy injury, Haha shocking release , etc etc all before it ever really got going was a sign.

Sure, some teams can overcome these setbacks and cover up a few key injuries', however not realizing our FA defenders would underperform, our stars on defense not fitting the new scheme and no off-season to get them better prepared for it, well that was bad all of it yet we still had hope even at 1-3 our offense could score in bunches , However the offense and ST were turning the ball over and creating short fields for the underperforming defense, so we we are losing..

still some hope , sure as seasons progress i could still see in this division 9-7 easily achieved,

then BOOM, Dak goes down. Dalton comes in, look good against NY, well nice wait BOOM zeke starts fumbling, Dalton few picks and we fell behind AZ and just couldn't stop the bleeding, QBs throwing Picks every games , defense still not getting it , then WFT game BOOM!, Martin goes down Daltons first star followed by Knight in the same game and BOOM Dalton gets hurt and all we have is Nooch, we get beat.

Now we have Nooch game week for the eagles but a lot changed traded griffen cut Poe, Thompson and others, shuffled the defense a bit and what do you know the defense showed up for the first time since the rams game but poor Nooch with that OL couldn't get it done and wit the help from the refs we lose a winnable game. with any decent qb play we win this game..

Now gregory comes back and the defense has finally found something, GG gets his first start in the NFL Martins back the OL looks better we lead 56mins so winnable game lost to a9-0 team, but HOPE began or division sucking at an alarming rate, BYE week Daltons back cam Erving at LT Martin at RT and we have one of our best all around 3 phase and coaching game of the season to beat MN on the road, why not hope?

Going into the revenge game WFT, im thinking we win this game , come in moving the ball well and BOOM! Martin goes down AGAIN and a few plays later movign the ball Irving goes down , that right 2 more OL down as the game started, yet we get a lead goes back and forth and low and behold short handed and wounded we are only down 4 points.. then the ST gaff call of the year open up the flood gates our tem starts to slowly go from cut and bleeding to amputated and lose a blowout..

I saw some good things the last 4 weeks with backups imagine with our starters back. Historic amount of injuries derailed this season. You realize no B2B game this season has had the same OL lineup , nearly every game at least 2 were playing and being shuffled, 4 QBs, many defenders, diggs, Hill, Jarwin etc etc it just snowballed..

now the league as decided to make us stew in that with c19 issues and schedule changes basically a bye and have no football on thursday, sunday, or monday..a Freakig tuedsay , really!??

nothings normal about this year and hope for me is gone i can care less about divisions or playoffs and for sure not the draft with this many games to go..

I just want Football and it to be played competitively and maybe we win.. Ravens will be tough out, no expectations but im juts in the Mulligan Crowd..this staff and underperforming stars are getting pass because the injuries started the season poorly and never stopped, far to many injuries to cover up by next man up, no GM, Coach, or scout could see this coming and no way to recover from it..

I however do lie the fight and better play all around so at least i see team who doesnt quit and coaches trying to win even if they throw out high risk crazy play calls..

remember how long these off season have been and 2020 off season, even longer with no PS games etc..lets stop rushing this one to be over and hoping for losses..

I watch to support wins and thats what i want win them all, if we lose , well sure January we can discuss the draft further and Daks contract..

Im irritated i didnt have ball this week to watch..thank goodness my also very disappointing Longhorns rolled over someone for once 69-31 , a little too late but was nice to watch them kick some azz from the first snap to the last..

off the soap box rant..

wouldnt it be swomting if WEe did this to the ravens..man i hope so ... Go Cowboys DCFFL!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Still, others, want us to win with this collection of scrubs, underperforming "stars" and has-beens. Win for the sake of winning. But win what? A win for Jerry's ego? Merchandising? For your $5 bet with that annoying neighbor with a Norm Hitzges brogue? (Yes, he is not fond of me Leeds patois.)

Low Point in Cowboys' history. The franchise is weak and indecisive, coddles players and perpetually gits No. 15 and trades down if Jerry is feeling like "a football guy."

On the fracture inglamorious sector the belief has been an 7-9 or better record will get us, kind chaps, into the playoffs. It could happen. Frightening.

Hollah.
The nadir- the absolute worst moment in Cowboys history occurred sometime in the mid 90s when Jerry Jones started thinking he could run the entire football side of things himself and didn’t need a strong HC. This organization has never recovered from that decision.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Hollah.
No this is far from rock bottom all those Campo years and what not like what 3 5-11 seasons in row or more going through 12-14 QBs between Aikman and Romo the ST draft etc etc even pre greatness wasn't the first 5years from 1960 to whenever a struggle? the 1-15 3-13 start to Jimmy's careers, i mean we slowly saw improvement but how can anyone sit here and see this is bump in the road mostly caused by Injurys, so many its gone beyond historic as well as a shortened off season c19 issues , and a new staff having the deal with this...

Nah not even close we will easily bonce back next season like 2015/2016, simply being healthy gets us 9 wins having strong draft and FA period and figuring out Daks situation will give us chance to be 12 in + team..

seems like no one wants to admit Injuries' and cq9 offseason and new staff growth being stunted because of them are real valid reasons for ONE single bad year..

we got rid of JG and no we have to overcome a bad rebound season..

blueblood70

Reaction score
The nadir- the absolute worst moment in Cowboys history occurred sometime in the mid 90s when Jerry Jones started thinking he could run the entire football side of things himself and didn’t need a strong HC. This organization has never recovered from that decision.
those were 2000-2004 area but could have been 1999 -2004 sure i do remember and referenced the gaily, campo yeas and other debacles of drafts and couldn't find Troys replacement, went through like 12-14 QBs before Romo settled it down for while..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this has been gone over 1000s of times, regardless of what fans think or want, no coach or player goes out on any field thinking of the fictitious fan born word, TANK, they dont go to lose, they play to win."you play to win the game..

in cases like our teams in as fan I'm still hoping for hard fought game and a win, however the losses are easier to accept because of the draft pick status..

I have zero hope or expectations these last handful of game, I want to see fight, passion, and competitive spirit , win or lose , only select few fans and flame stoking media talk about draft status's and want drama for better draft picks..Ive seen some bad teams have multiple first round picks and a few years THREE and still took decade to start having it payoff, two of them still dont have a QB LOL so counting on the draft as quick turn around, meh maybe it helps m, our team actually just bringing back our healthy 17 we lost, will be a lot better then most here feel for 2021 , the draft is bonus like 2015/2016 transformation this will be very close..

we will be top 10 no matter what, cant see how we wont and as far as i know picking top 10 in 7 rounds should get you great shots at talent..

I also heard being top 5 this years isnt a lock as the talent isnt top 5 talent so our needs and BPA should match our draft picks..

so i just want to see football, wait for long off season with a nearly cancelled season that finally got here , with new staff with had no idea about and well honestly the season was coming apart before it stared. the loss of bookend tackles before game 2 , Tfred retirement, McCoy injury, Haha shocking release , etc etc all before it ever really got going was a sign.

Sure, some teams can overcome these setbacks and cover up a few key injuries', however not realizing our FA defenders would underperform, our stars on defense not fitting the new scheme and no off-season to get them better prepared for it, well that was bad all of it yet we still had hope even at 1-3 our offense could score in bunches , However the offense and ST were turning the ball over and creating short fields for the underperforming defense, so we we are losing..

still some hope , sure as seasons progress i could still see in this division 9-7 easily achieved,

then BOOM, Dak goes down. Dalton comes in, look good against NY, well nice wait BOOM zeke starts fumbling, Dalton few picks and we fell behind AZ and just couldn't stop the bleeding, QBs throwing Picks every games , defense still not getting it , then WFT game BOOM!, Martin goes down Daltons first star followed by Knight in the same game and BOOM Dalton gets hurt and all we have is Nooch, we get beat.

Now we have Nooch game week for the eagles but a lot changed traded griffen cut Poe, Thompson and others, shuffled the defense a bit and what do you know the defense showed up for the first time since the rams game but poor Nooch with that OL couldn't get it done and wit the help from the refs we lose a winnable game. with any decent qb play we win this game..

Now gregory comes back and the defense has finally found something, GG gets his first start in the NFL Martins back the OL looks better we lead 56mins so winnable game lost to a9-0 team, but HOPE began or division sucking at an alarming rate, BYE week Daltons back cam Erving at LT Martin at RT and we have one of our best all around 3 phase and coaching game of the season to beat MN on the road, why not hope?

Going into the revenge game WFT, im thinking we win this game , come in moving the ball well and BOOM! Martin goes down AGAIN and a few plays later movign the ball Irving goes down , that right 2 more OL down as the game started, yet we get a lead goes back and forth and low and behold short handed and wounded we are only down 4 points.. then the ST gaff call of the year open up the flood gates our tem starts to slowly go from cut and bleeding to amputated and lose a blowout..

I saw some good things the last 4 weeks with backups imagine with our starters back. Historic amount of injuries derailed this season. You realize no B2B game this season has had the same OL lineup , nearly every game at least 2 were playing and being shuffled, 4 QBs, many defenders, diggs, Hill, Jarwin etc etc it just snowballed..

now the league as decided to make us stew in that with c19 issues and schedule changes basically a bye and have no football on thursday, sunday, or monday..a Freakig tuedsay , really!??

nothings normal about this year and hope for me is gone i can care less about divisions or playoffs and for sure not the draft with this many games to go..

I just want Football and it to be played competitively and maybe we win.. Ravens will be tough out, no expectations but im juts in the Mulligan Crowd..this staff and underperforming stars are getting pass because the injuries started the season poorly and never stopped, far to many injuries to cover up by next man up, no GM, Coach, or scout could see this coming and no way to recover from it..

I however do lie the fight and better play all around so at least i see team who doesnt quit and coaches trying to win even if they throw out high risk crazy play calls..

remember how long these off season have been and 2020 off season, even longer with no PS games etc..lets stop rushing this one to be over and hoping for losses..

I watch to support wins and thats what i want win them all, if we lose , well sure January we can discuss the draft further and Daks contract..

Im irritated i didnt have ball this week to watch..thank goodness my also very disappointing Longhorns rolled over someone for once 69-31 , a little too late but was nice to watch them kick some azz from the first snap to the last..

off the soap box rant..

wouldnt it be swomting if WEe did this to the ravens..man i hope so ... Go Cowboys DCFFL!!

Damn you're a long winded sucker. I wonder what this says. War and Peace?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

off the soap box rant..

A true fan!
You suffer for our team!
Well done, lad!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn you're a long winded sucker. I wonder what this says. War and Peace?
aThis thread is awesome first we had Nadier now we have

off the soap box rant..

This thread is a plethora of new words for me! First we had Nadir now we have Swomting..I'd be so stupid if not for this board!