Anybody remember the fan base and franchise being at this nadir?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t think of worse time. Even the campo years the guys played with heart. This team has overhyped talent, mental midget players, terrible coaching and F/O, injuries to boot, and does nothing well. Very boring team and I wouldn’t even feel confident saying we beat the Jets.
Hard to believe it was just a few months ago some were picking this team to represent the NFC in the super bowl.

Injuries and no offseason just killed this team. They will be back.

CWR

Reaction score
Take your time. Look up the word nadir.

Ahem. Some of us want us to tank, mates.
The others have delusions of playoffs and ... yes, the Super Bowl.
Still, others, want us to win with this collection of scrubs, underperforming "stars" and has-beens. Win for the sake of winning. But win what? A win for Jerry's ego? Merchandising? For your $5 bet with that annoying neighbor with a Norm Hitzges brogue? (Yes, he is not fond of me Leeds patois.)

Low Point in Cowboys' history. The franchise is weak and indecisive, coddles players and perpetually gits No. 15 and trades down if Jerry is feeling like "a football guy."

On the fracture inglamorious sector the belief has been an 7-9 or better record will get us, kind chaps, into the playoffs. It could happen. Frightening.
Do you look forward for quick gain? Do you care about draft number?

Hollah.

Aren't you the same guy who said football season would be canceled all together? If I didn't know any better I'd say you're a tad pessimistic. We aren't going to make the playoffs, we will net a nice draft choice, and it won't take 5 years to rebuild. I know that's a sturdy number but its complete and utter bs. The NFL is fluid and a team with a franchise qb and actual talent on at least one side of the ball can get right quickly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Still, others, want us to win with this collection of scrubs, underperforming "stars" and has-beens. Win for the sake of winning. But win what? A win for Jerry's ego? Merchandising? For your $5 bet with that annoying neighbor with a Norm Hitzges brogue? (Yes, he is not fond of me Leeds patois.)

Low Point in Cowboys' history. The franchise is weak and indecisive, coddles players and perpetually gits No. 15 and trades down if Jerry is feeling like "a football guy."

On the fracture inglamorious sector the belief has been an 7-9 or better record will get us, kind chaps, into the playoffs. It could happen. Frightening.

Hollah.

What anyone here wants means jack bleepin' bleep. The Dallas Cowboys have major obstacles between them and championships, and here they are:

jerry-stephen.jpg

JBond

Reaction score
????????????
:huh:

I didn't even read the OP, but I still have questions
I'll save people some time...

na·dir
  1. the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization.
    "they had reached the nadir of their sufferings"

I need to know something - what's wrong with using normal words? It reminds me of a supervisor who sent me to get fitted for a uniform but used the word 'fitment' rather than telling me to go get fitted for some new threads. He only did stuff like that because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

No one talks like this.
Gimme is an acquired taste, unusual fellow, but is a good guy.

At the very least, not the same regurgitation of nonsense that has been discussed 400 times. He brings a little animation and color to the forum. I appreciate his posts.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hate losing but I believe the best thing would be if they lose the rest of their games and get the best draft pick possible. At the same time we can only hope that some type of realization dawns on our egotistical owner and he finally hires a real football GM. Yeah I know that's a pipe dream but it's my dream all the same
He’s only the GM in title. He doesn’t go out and find talent. That’s Will McClays job. Jerry just tells all the players how great they are and lavishes them with a country club facilities and atmosphere. That therein is the problem.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

na·dir

I need to know something - what's wrong with using normal words? It reminds me of a supervisor who sent me to get fitted for a uniform but used the word 'fitment' rather than telling me to go get fitted for some new threads. He only did stuff like that because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

No one talks like this.
Dennis Miller does. :laugh:

cern

Reaction score

na·dir

No one talks like this.
I don't think anyone should ever apologize for being polysyballic.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Aren't you the same guy who said football season would be canceled all together? If I didn't know any better I'd say you're a tad pessimistic. We aren't going to make the playoffs, we will net a nice draft choice, and it won't take 5 years to rebuild. I know that's a sturdy number but its complete and utter bs. The NFL is fluid and a team with a franchise qb and actual talent on at least one side of the ball can get right quickly.
YES, THE NFL'S love of money triumphed all. But many college games and pro games have been cancelled. But I underestimated the steamroller the NFL is.
Yes, riser bloke, I can be pessimistic after a quarter century, yes?
Answer! Hollah

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I think this fan base has been at this point for quite some time now. The delusion of Garrett’s departure being the fix has worn off some and I think reality has set in and the picture ain’t pretty, but hey we can still win the division and that’s a shirt and hat I’ll buy.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Uh, yes.

Things have been worse. Lived through them.

This isn't as bad as the mid-late 80's.

Also not as bad as the Campo years.

Nadir? Hardly. Maybe just how some of the modern fans see it but there were 100% deeper lows.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Hollah.
Fortunately, we aren’t winning the division. The beat down coming Tuesday night will officially put those inane thoughts to bed. Time to tank for the good of the team.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Losing like this will do absolutely nothing if they don't plan on drafting a QB. What I do fear is the lowly Commanders with a fierce defensive line could be in the QB sweepstakes.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Gimme is an acquired taste, unusual fellow, but is a good guy.

At the very least, not the same regurgitation of nonsense that has been discussed 400 times. He brings a little animation and color to the forum. I appreciate his posts.
Me too.