Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I have a feeling the little bit of enthusiasm I have left for this season is going to go down the drain this weekend but hoping I am wrong.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I never thought I'd feel this way about my Cowboys. I have read NOTHING about the draft. For the first time ever, I did not watch one minute of the Combine. I hate this. I love this team. I love the Cowboys. But I feel beaten down. If Jerry and Co had shown even a little bit of concern about improving this off-season, I'd be jazzed.

But they don't care. If they don't care, then how can I ever expect this team to win. They don't seem to want to re-sign our best players...no concern at all...They have alienated our QB. If you want to sign him, do it. If you don't, then simply cut him....eat the hit...and move on.

I am a Dak fan. I think he's good enough to win. But, if we cut him, then at least I understand the plan.

The actions (or lack of) has really done me in.

I'll watch the draft. Out of habit more than anything. But I am not even sure I'll ever feel the same about this team until the Jones are gone.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If anyone pretends they feel good about everything after this complete whiff on an offseason, they need their heads examined.

The contracts with Prescott, Lamb and Parsons have an impact on the inactivity, but let's be honest, there has been zero creativity because we have a psychological cap problem. But on 31 other NFL teams, somebody is trying to figure it out.

Who is figuring out the numbers in Dallas?

The answer is Stephen Jones and a waiter. Since numbers are a problem, the only solution is to get cheaper players.

So that leaves only the draft. Since we draft well and all, that is what we are left with.

This is a unique year in that the holes on the roster are more significant than in previous years.

The worst part about that is that this draft is expected to be a panacea.

It simply cannot, but just you watch them try.

I would love to think this is a wheeler-dealer draft where Trader Jerry Jones maneuvers around.

The problem with that is the issue with our inept and unconnected front office.
The lack of having a real GM that is skilled is finally coming home to roost.
When you rely almost exclusively on the draft and have a bad draft like last year, the wheels come off quickly.

John813

Reaction score
Thankful for the NHL playoffs.

Not much to be excited for in Jerry Land. Still somewhat expect them to bend over for France in training camp.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Big_D

Reaction score
After this crap press conference any tiny bit of enthusiasm is completely gone. Stephen and Jerry are nothing more than a joke!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now? After the Packer collapse, confirmed lamb duck coach status and lack of meaningful FA activity there’s not cause for hope, much less optimism. The window is shut with CD and Micah due big extensions. The front office isn’t going to mortgage the future to build around its stars. Meanwhile the Commanders might be formidable pretty soon and the Giants probably tic up as well.

I don’t believe Dak is good enough to win with in the playoffs at his price tag given the organization’s philosophy. A full rebuild or retool would be more interesting. If Dak gets extended at 55 million+ it just extends the purgatory.

Even the draft, which I always look forward to, is just kinda meh. So many holes on this roster and let’s face it McClay and the boys whiffed big last April.
I have zero enthusiasm. this GB loss just took everything out of me and I am sure someone will spin it into a Dak thing and that we need to let go and draft, blah blah blah. its not just about Dak.

no, I was extremely disappointed in the entire team. coaches, players, defense. offense. dak, micah, MM, CD, Quinn, Lawrence. all of them. ALL OF THEM

they were not prepared. didn't show heart. took things for granted. thought they could walk in, show up and just win. players having had rally parties prior and victory parties planned. that tells you where their focus is. you don't freaking celebrate a playoff win.

the past two year when we lost to SF, I thought they were the better team. I said it then. I say it now. we could have won, but didn't. they were just better. we played hard. did we play bad or could have played better? yes. but that doesn't bother me as much. sometimes you are just not good enough.

but this one, we were the better team. we just didn't prepare. didn't show up. didn't care. we looked the most unprepared that I have ever seen this team. freaking Lawrence saying we were tired!!! really. you were tired? so was GB. everyone played same amount of games. this from a guy who made 120M in past 6 years giving us 6 sacks a year!!! where was Micah? 1 tackle. that's it. in the most important game of the year, our star player had 1 tackle. was a non factor. zero impact. CD stop sulking on the sideline. Dak, get your head our of your arse. ... this team got shell shocked. wasn't ready for what hit them. they all and I mean ALL thought they show up, they are at home, miracles happen and GB is just going to lay down and say "thank you sir may I have another".

so I lost all enthusiasm. I don't even follow the draft chatter nor care about the draft. I will not be watching, following, nor care.
I am tired of Joneses spins and excuses. same old story. same old crap.

I am not enthused about the upcoming season. I won't plan Sundays around cowboys' games. don't care if I watch or don't watch. don't care if they win or lose.

am I still a fan? yes. a very disappointed fan.

kskboys

Reaction score
The lack of having a real GM that is skilled is finally coming home to roost.
When you rely almost exclusively on the draft and have a bad draft like last year, the wheels come off quickly.
Especially when you draft high at positions of strength. You're simply not going to improve.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have zero enthusiasm. this GB loss just took everything out of me and I am sure someone will spin it into a Dak thing and that we need to let go and draft, blah blah blah. its not just about Dak.

no, I was extremely disappointed in the entire team. coaches, players, defense. offense. dak, micah, MM, CD, Quinn, Lawrence. all of them. ALL OF THEM

they were not prepared. didn't show heart. took things for granted. thought they could walk in, show up and just win. players having had rally parties prior and victory parties planned. that tells you where their focus is. you don't freaking celebrate a playoff win.

the past two year when we lost to SF, I thought they were the better team. I said it then. I say it now. we could have won, but didn't. they were just better. we played hard. did we play bad or could have played better? yes. but that doesn't bother me as much. sometimes you are just not good enough.

but this one, we were the better team. we just didn't prepare. didn't show up. didn't care. we looked the most unprepared that I have ever seen this team. freaking Lawrence saying we were tired!!! really. you were tired? so was GB. everyone played same amount of games. this from a guy who made 120M in past 6 years giving us 6 sacks a year!!! where was Micah? 1 tackle. that's it. in the most important game of the year, our star player had 1 tackle. was a non factor. zero impact. CD stop sulking on the sideline. Dak, get your head our of your arse. ... this team got shell shocked. wasn't ready for what hit them. they all and I mean ALL thought they show up, they are at home, miracles happen and GB is just going to lay down and say "thank you sir may I have another".

so I lost all enthusiasm. I don't even follow the draft chatter nor care about the draft. I will not be watching, following, nor care.

I am not enthused about the upcoming season. I won't plan Sundays around cowboys' games. don't care if I watch or don't watch. don't care if they win or lose.

am I still a fan? yes. a very disappointed fan
Since we couldn't stop the run w/ a rotational type starting at the 3 and 200 pound LB's, don't see that we were the better team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Since we couldn't stop the run w/ a rotational type starting at the 3 and 200 pound LB's, don't see that we were the better team.
that's on Joneses and coaches. GB had flaws we couldn't explore. yet, they explored our flaws. my point that Quinn was playing man most of the year and went to zone against GB. they curved us, easily yet he didn't adjust. stars disappeared and if defense is flawed, then I expected a game like Seattle. shoot out. yet offense was out of sync. the offensive game plan was flawed. GB defense took it to us. and we laid down. Dak sucked. CD sucked. Pollard sucked. the OL got man handled.

we were not prepared. if we were prepared and played hard, had the right game plan, we would have had a chance. we didn't give ourselves a chance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

am I still a fan? yes. a very disappointed fan.
That game hurt almost as the SB where Jackie Smith dropped the go ahead TD. Total gut punch. But I haven’t lost my enthusiasm for the upcoming season or any season. Every year it’s a different team and a good team can win despite the FO ineptness. I’m optimistic Zimmer can improve the defensive run game issues. I’m optimistic MM will improve the run game with a new, younger OL. I mean, the team won 12 games last year so they do have talent. Just can’t win playoff games unless you control the LOS. Fix that and they can go places. I’ll get made fun of for being optimistic but I could care less.

Motorola

Reaction score
I never thought I'd feel this way about my Cowboys. I have read NOTHING about the draft. For the first time ever, I did not watch one minute of the Combine. I hate this. I love this team. I love the Cowboys. But I feel beaten down. If Jerry and Co had shown even a little bit of concern about improving this off-season, I'd be jazzed.

But they don't care. If they don't care, then how can I ever expect this team to win. They don't seem to want to re-sign our best players...no concern at all...They have alienated our QB. If you want to sign him, do it. If you don't, then simply cut him....eat the hit...and move on.

I am a Dak fan. I think he's good enough to win. But, if we cut him, then at least I understand the plan.

The actions (or lack of) has really done me in.

I'll watch the draft. Out of habit more than anything. But I am not even sure I'll ever feel the same about this team until the Jones are gone.
The Jones will never be gone. Yes the current owner/GM will eventually cease to be a fixture in running the franchise - but his children will be in control moving forward - and their children afterwards. (See the McCaskeys (Halas)\Bears, Maras\Giants, Bidwells\Cardinals, Rooneys\Steelers...and other families that are longtime NFL franchise owners.)
Their NFL team ownership is a billions-dollar value corporation that brings in hundreds of million dollars in revenue - a "family heirloom" that gives them a feeling of deep $ati$faction, and is pa$$ionately cheri$hed.
The best scenario Cowboys fans can expect is that after Jerry is gone, Stephen relinquishes the nuts & bolts football operations to experienced individuals or candidates that have worked their way up the ladder to be considered qualified for those positions.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yes ....... I am able to find plenty of anger though ...... i can only hope that millions of fans feel the same so they start booing the Jones clan every time they show their face.

Nothing would be better than for Jerry Jones to get booed out of his own Mausoleum of Narcissism.

Motorola

Reaction score
I reserve my "enthusiasm" for the Cowboys until that week leading up to when the regular season begins.
During the offseason proceedings, my feelings about the Cowboys is from an observation = assessment position...putting a grade or mark on what the team did during FA, the draft..then see how the players do in TC & PS.

Last edited:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
nah brother, it's not just you.

I don't even plan on watching the draft... I'll just follow along on twitter or here

I'm more interested to see where certain QBs and WRs will end up than who Dallas will draft.

morat1959

Reaction score
nah brother, it's not just you.

I don't even plan on watching the draft... I'll just follow along on twitter or here

I'm more interested to see where certain QBs and WRs will end up than who Dallas will draft.
The only thing that interest me is if we draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. I’ve hoped that for most of the 30 years since Troy left.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have a feeling the little bit of enthusiasm I have left for this season is going to go down the drain this weekend but hoping I am wrong.
I'm not sure I'm going to have any enthusiasm until they tear it down and let a legit NFL brain rebuild it.