Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now? After the Packer collapse, confirmed lamb duck coach status and lack of meaningful FA activity there’s not cause for hope, much less optimism. The window is shut with CD and Micah due big extensions. The front office isn’t going to mortgage the future to build around its stars. Meanwhile the Commanders might be formidable pretty soon and the Giants probably tic up as well.

I don’t believe Dak is good enough to win with in the playoffs at his price tag given the organization’s philosophy. A full rebuild or retool would be more interesting. If Dak gets extended at 55 million+ it just extends the purgatory.

Even the draft, which I always look forward to, is just kinda meh. So many holes on this roster and let’s face it McClay and the boys whiffed big last April.
If anyone pretends they feel good about everything after this complete whiff on an offseason, they need their heads examined.

The contracts with Prescott, Lamb and Parsons have an impact on the inactivity, but let's be honest, there has been zero creativity because we have a psychological cap problem. But on 31 other NFL teams, somebody is trying to figure it out.

Who is figuring out the numbers in Dallas?

The answer is Stephen Jones and a waiter. Since numbers are a problem, the only solution is to get cheaper players.

So that leaves only the draft. Since we draft well and all, that is what we are left with.

This is a unique year in that the holes on the roster are more significant than in previous years.

The worst part about that is that this draft is expected to be a panacea.

It simply cannot, but just you watch them try.

I would love to think this is a wheeler-dealer draft where Trader Jerry Jones maneuvers around.

The problem with that is the issue with our inept and unconnected front office.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If they trade back and get 1-2 more top 100 picks at positions of need I can get behind it. If they still have glaring holes after this weekend then the seasons already done.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So. That means nothing.

Yes they do. You just don't like it.

You really think they have no plan and have been sitting around all off season just killing time watching the days go by? Really?
What have they done this offseason? Signed a linebacker who backed out of a deal with the 49ers and a JAG running back.

Did they engage in contract talks with Dak? Did they engage in contract talks with Lamb? Are they being proactive with players like Parsons or Bland? Did they contact any free agents? No, no, no, no, and no. They openly said they were waiting for agents to call them, not the other way around.

They have done absolutely nothing to improve this football team. Not. A. Single. Thing.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This has been the lowest I've felt about the Dallas Cowboys my whole life. Could care less about the draft or off season program. I might be there come September-we'll see. I still love the team. But I just can't stand watching-seeing or listening to anything BoZo Jones and his Betelgeuse son have to say anymore. Jerry-you wanted to destroy the Dallas Cowboys??? Mission Accomplished....

Big_D

Reaction score
This has been the lowest I've felt about the Dallas Cowboys my whole life. Could care less about the draft or off season program. I might be there come September-we'll see. I still love the team. But I just can't stand watching-seeing or listening to anything BoZo Jones and his Betelgeuse son have to say anymore. Jerry-you wanted to destroy the Dallas Cowboys??? Mission Accomplished....
It's been heading in this direction for a long time. But this complete joke of an offseason really sealed the deal. There's just no hope at all with these 2.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, my expectation for this team is at an all-time low right now.

I will watch the draft with my brother, he is a huge Titans fan.

But after that abortion of a pick in the first round last year (looking at you Mazi), I have zero confidence in this front office.
Cowboys have been one of the best drafting teams, especially in the first round, in the NFL. Don’t let your misery cloud your judgement.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What have they done this offseason? Signed a linebacker who backed out of a deal with the 49ers and a JAG running back.

Did they engage in contract talks with Dak? Did they engage in contract talks with Lamb? Are they being proactive with players like Parsons or Bland? Did they contact any free agents? No, no, no, no, and no. They openly said they were waiting for agents to call them, not the other way around.

They have done absolutely nothing to improve this football team. Not. A. Single. Thing.
You still don't get it. This is the Cowboys plan. No one likes it I understand. But that doesn't mean they don't have a plan. They think their FA's that left have backups that can step up and will fill some holes in the draft this week.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Lack of enthusiasm is the wrong axis. I'm losing interest and have no less than no faith in the brain trust. Will I tune into the games next year? Depends on the product on the field. First time I've had to say that in the offseason.

TBF, it doesn't help that the NFL product is generally getting worse at the same time. I already started losing interest in the overall product a while ago.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You still don't get it. This is the Cowboys plan. No one likes it I understand. But that doesn't mean they don't have a plan. They think their FA's that left have backups that can step up and will fill some holes in the draft this week.
I see what you mean now. On one hand it's a good thing they have so much faith in their drafting abilities. But last year they traded for Cooks and Gilmore and got deals done with Diggs, Wilson, and Steele. I would just like to see them display the same kind of urgency with Lamb and Parsons regardless of the Dak situation. Because no matter what the media wants to spin they can afford all three.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If anyone pretends they feel good about everything after this complete whiff on an offseason, they need their heads examined.

The contracts with Prescott, Lamb and Parsons have an impact on the inactivity, but let's be honest, there has been zero creativity because we have a psychological cap problem. But on 31 other NFL teams, somebody is trying to figure it out.

Who is figuring out the numbers in Dallas?

The answer is Stephen Jones and a waiter. Since numbers are a problem, the only solution is to get cheaper players.

So that leaves only the draft. Since we draft well and all, that is what we are left with.

This is a unique year in that the holes on the roster are more significant than in previous years.

The worst part about that is that this draft is expected to be a panacea.

It simply cannot, but just you watch them try.

I would love to think this is a wheeler-dealer draft where Trader Jerry Jones maneuvers around.

The problem with that is the issue with our inept and unconnected front office.
I don’t think there’s one single person happy with this offseason. Not one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now? After the Packer collapse, confirmed lamb duck coach status and lack of meaningful FA activity there’s not cause for hope, much less optimism. The window is shut with CD and Micah due big extensions. The front office isn’t going to mortgage the future to build around its stars. Meanwhile the Commanders might be formidable pretty soon and the Giants probably tic up as well.

I don’t believe Dak is good enough to win with in the playoffs at his price tag given the organization’s philosophy. A full rebuild or retool would be more interesting. If Dak gets extended at 55 million+ it just extends the purgatory.

Even the draft, which I always look forward to, is just kinda meh. So many holes on this roster and let’s face it McClay and the boys whiffed big last April.
I think most of us are in various stages of grief.

Somewhere between anger, denial and depression.

MetalMike

Reaction score
When Washington takes Jayden Daniels with the 2nd pick that'll be it for me. They'll be the team to beat in the coming years in the NFC East. Unless Jerry pulls a giant rabbit outta his backside and pulls off the trade of the century with the Bears and takes him before the Commanders get their hands on him we'll be looking up at the Eagles and the Commanders for the next few years.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Honestly , after the 2nd 5-11 season under campo.. just couldn’t get into next season. The jones really haven’t learned a damn thing.

McMicah

Reaction score
No one should be excited, because nothing changed and we lost good players.

I’d be far more excited about a hard rebuild than what the Jones are selling. Like if they could get Dak on board to go to Minnesota for both their firsts and some future picks, THAT would excite me, because at least I get to evaluate a lot of new talent.

Going into 2024 I have the same hot/cold QB, no RBs, a weak OL, a weak DL, diminished CB and LB rooms….yeehaw