Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have SOME enthusiasm for the draft . Thats about where it ends and begins for me. Unless we do some aggressive dynamic things on draft day. Aggressive and dynamic seem like terms that dont register with the Joneses these days. More like Tepid and meek.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think they're trying to force Dak to agree to be traded.

Moving on from Dak and McCarthy. Saving cap for next year.
No they're not,

if that was their intent they would have went to him before March before free agency opened and they would have had this already agreed to, literally behind the scenes all they had to do was go to Prescott and tell him they don't plan to go all in they're not gonna be able to make this team better than it was last year they're hoping to put a competitive team on the field but if he wants to leave to give them a list of where he wants to go and tell him he's allowed to go seek a trade it would have already happened it's not happening...

they would have not been ambiguous trying to do things to hurt the team to make the quarterback want to be traded when most of the teams we're going to trade for a veteran quarterback, that's due for a big contract have already made-up their minds, they've already got their guy right now or going to draft one,

The odds of that happening are almost zero because they're not as many suitors NOW!, I mean you think that the front office aren't good businessmen they're not going to force Prescott into a trade right before the season starts like after the draft to make him feel so uncomfortable that he leaves?? The answer is no, if that was their game plan they would have done it before March,,IMHO that ship has sailed, it's not happening unless yes he does it on his own, like he's so upset but that's not who Prescott is IMO..

he knows he's making his money this year regardless and he will get paid by some team next year because he's going to be a free agent, he's in a win win situation he's on a team he feels comfortable with for now he finishes his contract and now he can go anywhere he wants next year....

He has zero incentive to leave this year, you think he's the first quarterback that believes he's in a uncomfortable situation or a no win situation, which by the way I don't believe that but most of the league is not even on the Cowboys level. this man has just now finished his third straight season of playoff appearances ,they've won two divisions, they've won 36 games, it's not like he's on a bad team.. it's quite the opposite he might feel like he has something to finish here and something to prove and I believe he's going to play it out no different than a any other player on a contract year he's gonna try his best and he's coming off arguably one of his best years and so will Mike McCarthy it doesn't matter if he's in a alleged lame duck here he's in a contract year they're going to do all they can to stay on this team in 25...​

Hell, I don't even discount the fact that he might still get a long-term contract two weeks before the season starts.

fans just like to try to find things like reading between the lines there is no conspiracy there is no plan the front office wants to win this year they're not tanking they're not trying to force anybody off the team, they're literally slow to the punch they usually do this in the offseason and somehow people here think this is like odd.... this is pretty much how they do things they're going to wait till after the draft to make most of their moves,

the closer it gets to the season when they're under a deadline is when they'll do contracts like CD Lamb and or Prescott, if that's on their mind they'll wait until the last minute to do it... Right now, they're focusing on the draft then they'll know what holes they actually need to fill on this team and then when that's out of the way do get back to it If they feel it's important to them is discuss Prescott's future as well as CD lambs contract, it's coming, it's just not coming on the fans timetable, so everyone has to make up crazy conspiracy theories...

morasp

Reaction score
Of those only Smith started day one. And that is what the topic is about.
Thanks for clearing that up. If your so inclined I'd be curios to see how that compares to the other 31 teams. In other words how many teams with 12 win seasons draft three or four year one staters every draft.

morasp

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. If your so inclined I'd be curios to see how that compares to the other 31 teams. In other words how many teams with 12 win seasons draft three or four year one staters every draft.
My mistake, day one starters.

Motorola

Reaction score
The Cowboys are at a crossroads for this upcoming season.
Three straight 12-5 win seasons + playoff berths has resulted in wildcard\divisional round exits that were not only disappointing, but downright embarrassing in how those teams played (sans the game v. Buccaneers).
Given the lame duck status of the HC - and possibly the QB (many here still think the extension is a given = inevitable) - the FO still has to make creditable choices in the draft and from the UDFA pool to at least help address get potential starters and improve depth.
Also need those 2-3 year players in sub roles and on the practice squads to get it going, or get replaced.
Can't see the Cowboys not making a strong attempt to retain the division title, given the situation with two of the rivals, along with the third one in a state of flux just like Dallas.

noletime95

Reaction score
This thread was originally titled Apathy. Why in the world was that changed?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I wanted to show that were werent able to draft "some" starters in one draft. Thats what someone else posted, who tried in all good faith to give us some hope.

If you want to prove something else or you are curious about something then why dont you look those stats up by yourself and then share your findings with us all?

morasp

Reaction score
I wanted to show that were werent able to draft "some" starters in one draft. Thats what someone else posted, who tried in all good faith to give us some hope.

If you want to prove something else or you are curious about something then why dont you look those stats up by yourself and then share your findings with us all?
My point is we do draft well it's just that our roster turnover usually isn't as high as it is this year so new players have a harder time getting on the field right away. This year there were more departures than usual creating openings that could potentially be filled with rookie draft picks. There are about 91 players with starter grades and we have three picks in that range. If they are able to add another round three pick by trading back the odds would go up.

plymkr

Reaction score
IMO you cant. You are not able to even when you hit in every draft. You need to be active in FA to build a competitive roster.

I liked Bill Parcells way to build a roster a lot. Back then when he was coaching Dallas.
Me too.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's how everyone offseason is. Its really boring. You have fa to see where everyone goes. (Doesn't really mean anything for the cowboys) the draft which isn't something to watch
Than basically nothing until September lol

bewp7

Reaction score
yes

jerry and stephen dictator for life

prolly gonna extend the bum loser qb dak

same fat loser head coach

lost like 10 starter/rotation player and replace like 2 of them

i do not see any thing to be excited about at all with this team until dak and mccarthy are both gone and even then we stuck with jerry and stephen

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe we're in the same personnel space we were in 1990. I hope we've found a Steve Young (type) in Lance, we have a top 5 WR, solid TE, hopefully add a stud C to finish the OL. We have DBs, need 2 LBs and a DE.
If we can trade Parsons for 2 #1s or a 1,2,and 2 depending on the draft position of the picks, we could be in the 2025 championship game.
I think Zimmer will take the helm, and maybe Shott as OC . Just maybe the team will show up ready to play football every Sunday.

What a treat.
So bottom line, I've had zero enthusiasm for 25 years, but I do now.

Mitch

Reaction score
Have never not cared like I don‘t care these last few months. Hope the fire starts burning again when the preseason starts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
kinda feels like we are about to have a firesale. Thats the vibe Im getting. Im struggling to muster excitement. Draft day will solidify it for me.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm enthused, but definitely entertained! Pampered millionaire athletes wondering why there's no movement after multiple post season failures, probably looking at a hard rebuild sooner than later. Everybody wants the bag, but none of them have done anything of significance to earn it. I can't help but wonder if they understand why the front office isn't building around this emotionally weak core of players.