Anyone else hoping we lose on Sun?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Seriously-this doesn't totally have to do with what happened this week...

Ever since we lost to the Giants in the playoffs, it's really been one incredible, high drama, extremely bumpy roller coaster ride. Whether it was the other 31 teams' fan bases throwing a party for days after(aside from the Chargers) after becoming the first NFC #1 seeded team in 20 years to go 1 and done OR Letterman, Leno, Conan, the chicks from The View, AND Bill Maher making fun of us the following week OR all the hoopla over Garrett getting a pay raise making Wade a lame duck OR weeks of stories over how Jerry was going to give Oakland the kitchen sink for Darren McFadden OR the entire mainstream media saying we're Super Bowl locks throughout the entire offseason/TC OR all the hoopla with "Hard Knocks" OR starting off the season with 3 very emotional primetime games OR the times b/w then and now over how TO, Ellis, etc have been unhappy OR Pacman getting into trouble again OR Romo missing a couple of games due to injury, etc, etc.

Really-it's been one VERY long year, and as you can see, whether it's TO, Wade being a lame duck/unaccountable, Jerry being too high profile, etc...the tip of the iceberg has hit and it looks like everything has taken its toll on the entire organization.

So yeah-we lose on Sun, if the TO-Mount St. Helens finally happens, then so be it. Let it happen now rather than happen after we're 1 and done in the playoffs again(it will be much worse then). At least by New Year's, Jerry can really think about the lessons he learned and what he can do to overhaul for next year.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I can't fathom how a Cowboys fan would hope we lose to the Giants.

stiletto

Reaction score
There's still a chance and I never HOPE we lose. As much as we are all frustrated with this team and even embarrassed I never want the Cowboys to lose a game. Don't ever wish for that. Winning cures all and you never know what can happen. Hope for the best, expect the worst with this team and you'll sleep much better. ;)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
You're going to get hammered for this thread. and deservedly so.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2487135 said:
I can't fathom how a Cowboys fan would hope we lose to the Giants.
When one isn't a Cowboy fan, it's not really hard to fathom.

Cuz losing will definitely show them *rollseyes*

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
no. just cause I don't agree with some players,coaches etc. doesn't mean I want them to lose. I support the TEAM.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I never, ever, ever, and I mean never hope we lose.

Winning against division rivals, the division leaders, the best team in the nfl (IMO), the defending super bowl champs, with all the injuries that we have and the other distractions that are going on would be a huge step in the right direction.

I know they have injuries too but they have proven time and time again that they are a resilient bunch and wont let that get in their way.

We need to win. And lets hope we do.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone who wishes we lose on Sunday should just leave and never come back.

Anyone who has ever played sports knows regardless of how much drama you have behind closed doors that you can still perform at a high level.

Buying into this ESPN team drama crap is foolish.

newlander

Reaction score
"Hoping we lose" NEVER: Unless it's for the #1 overall draft pick and we're already out of the playoff race. Saying "I hope we lose" because it's been a long year due to injuries, bickering etc....is just the lament of a loser.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2487178 said:
I never, ever, ever, and I mean never hope we lose.

Winning against division rivals, the division leaders, the best team in the nfl (IMO), the defending super bowl champs, with all the injuries that we have and the other distractions that are going on would be a huge step in the right direction.

I know they have injuries too but they have proven time and time again that they are a resilient bunch and wont let that get in their way.

We need to win. And lets hope we do.

+1 .................

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cannot believe I'm responding to this idiotic drivel!!

Boysboy, why torture yourself like this? Just take a hike now for the rest of the season...you will feel much better!!

:cool:

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm hoping you lose your login ID and/or password.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Nav22;2487225 said:
I'm hoping you lose your login ID and/or password.

Haha, I was about to say something to this effect.

GO COWBOYS!!! I can't stand listening to these Giants fans around me and I would NEVER hope for a loss, ESPECIALLY against a division rival!!!!! :starspin :starspin :starspin

Boysboy

Reaction score
Seriously people-my whole point was that the ENTIRE YEAR(not just last week) has taken its toll mentally on everyone in the Cowboys organization, and I named numerous reasons.

Maybe I went a bit over the top in saying I hope we lose, but nonetheless, do you get my point? This has really been one difficult year for the franchise. Hopefully, they'll learn their lessons, regroup, and start afresh next year albeit with a lower profile.