Anyone else hoping we lose on Sun?

ethiostar

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487243 said:
Seriously people-my whole point was that the ENTIRE YEAR(not just last week) has taken its toll mentally on everyone in the Cowboys organization, and I named numerous reasons.

Maybe I went a bit over the top in saying I hope we lose, but nonetheless, do you get my point? This has really been one difficult year for the franchise. Hopefully, they'll learn their lessons, regroup, and start afresh next year albeit with a lower profile.

NO.

I can't remember a year in Dallas Cowboys land in which it was smooth sailing, not in quite a while anyways.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2487243 said:
Seriously people-my whole point was that the ENTIRE YEAR(not just last week) has taken its toll mentally on everyone in the Cowboys organization, and I named numerous reasons.

Maybe I went a bit over the top in saying I hope we lose, but nonetheless, do you get my point? This has really been one difficult year for the franchise. Hopefully, they'll learn their lessons, regroup, and start afresh next year albeit with a lower profile.
It drove you insane clearly. This is Commanders thinking.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2487256 said:
More like Philly thinking...
It's the same thing. It requires the head to be south of the belt on the south side of the body.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I think the only time I wanted Dallas to lose was the last few games of Landry's last season because I was hoping they could get that first round pick to draft Aikman. That worked out pretty good back then, but I can't root for them to go down now.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ethiostar;2487247 said:
NO.

I can't remember a year in Dallas Cowboys land in which it was smooth sailing, not in quite a while anyways.

This isn't '93 when we came off 2 gut-wrenching losses during Thanksgiving week.(one being the Snow Bowl where Leon Lett didn't have his head on straight)

At least the we KNEW the identity of that team. Did I think we were going to run the tables that month? Hard to say-but nonetheless, from a fans perspective at least, there was alot of trust in there, and there were no turmoils going on as well.

This situation is different.

Givincer

Reaction score
Absolutely not

If you're a fan of this team, you don't ever want to see them lose. Especially, when we're on the brink of the playoffs, while we have such a good football team.

Flat out stupid.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I certainly don't want to lose, but I see his point.

If we win, and somehow make the playoffs only to lose the first game, then Wade will be back, TO might be back, ect.....

If we never make the playoffs, Wade will be gone, Pacman and TO will probably be gone, and we can kind of start over next year without all the distractions.

Still, I say hope we win, but if we don't then we still have something to make us happy.

Givincer

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2487299 said:
If we never make the playoffs, Wade will be gone, Pacman and TO will probably be gone, and we can kind of start over next year without all the distractions.

I'm sorry? Is Wade a distraction?

The guy is 21-9.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Givincer;2487310 said:
I'm sorry? Is Wade a distraction?

The guy is 21-9.

No, he is not. But he has allowed the distractions to take over the team. Think Cowher would put up with this. Moreover, do you think the players would even partake in all this BS if we had a stronger HC?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2487299 said:
I certainly don't want to lose, but I see his point.

If we win, and somehow make the playoffs only to lose the first game, then Wade will be back, TO might be back, ect.....

Still, I say hope we win, but if we don't then we still have something to make us happy.

Thank You! This gentleman gets it!

Like I said, you NEVER want to root for your team to lose...however, you have to be a REALIST at the same time.

Let's not be homers and act like this disctraction is media-made. Could the media tone down their reporting a bit and not make it 24/7? Sure-I would love to hear other sports news, quite frankly. However- Jerry took alot of gambles, and he's paying the price.

With that being said-sometimes bad things happening can be good fortunes in disguise. Like I said-if Mount St. Helens erupts after we lose our next 2, at least by New Year's the storm will have calmed down, and Jerry can go back to the drawing board.

Givincer

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487338 said:
Let's not be homers and act like this disctraction is media-made. Could the media tone down their reporting a bit and not make it 24/7? Sure-I would love to hear other sports news, quite frankly. However- Jerry took alot of gambles, and he's paying the price.

Alright.

Let's not be imbeciles either, though. Deal?

Rooting for your team to lose when you have a chance to make the playoffs is stupid on its face. What makes it astoundingly stupid is the fact that we have perhaps the best football team in the NFL.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I hope we kick the snot out the gints, get on a roll and storm into the POs. But lose, no i haven't considered hoping for that.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Once the game begins I'm sure I will be rabidly pulling for the Cowboys.

I certainly can understand BoysBoy's point that a loss might benefit the franchise and force needed action.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487338 said:
Thank You! This gentleman gets it!

Like I said, you NEVER want to root for your team to lose...however, you have to be a REALIST at the same time.

With that being said-sometimes bad things happening can be good fortunes in disguise. Like I said-if Mount St. Helens erupts after we lose our next 2, at least by New Year's the storm will have calmed down, and Jerry can go back to the drawing board.

Don't you think it's wiser to hope for a 2007 giants scenario?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2487358 said:
Don't you think it's wiser to hope for a 2007 giants scenario?

Like the minute Shockey got hurt, it turned their fortunes around? So should we root for TO to get hurt on Sun?:rolleyes:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487355 said:
Once the game begins I'm sure I will be rabidly pulling for the Cowboys.

I certainly can understand BoysBoy's point that a loss might benefit the franchise and force needed action.

Believe me, there's no magic elixir that will come from "blowing" things up. Besides what proof do we have that Jerry would make any of this supposed change.