Recap: Anyone else just hear Tony on TheTicket?

erod

Reaction score
Jerry knows the truth about his back and that's prob why it came out that he will always wonder on what it would had been if he had drafted manziel.

Manziel looks awful in camp, so thankfully, he didn't.

Zordon

Reaction score
What does this mean? Romo had his cyst removed first, and are you telling me that Jerry gave the extension after that surgery? I really don't remember.

He got his deal a week after the surgery but I read somewhere he was complaining about his back a few weeks after signing the deal.

daveferr33

Reaction score
Did Jerry sign Romo to his extension before or after Romo hurt his back?

No. But that is not entirely the issue.

Romo's contract was restructured (again) in March 2014 to help get the team under the Cap. I believe that he is currently owed about 50 million in prorated bonus. Thus, by overthecap's calculation, if Romo can't go next year, there is 37,408,000 in dead money on next year's cap.

Zordon

Reaction score
didnt he get extended before? extended march cyst removal april?

Yep you're right. @5Stars stop confusing me!

Contract was signed on March 29, 2013. Surgery was May 22, 2013.

I remember reading/hearing from Fisher I believe that Romo did not start complaining about the back until a few weeks AFTER he signed the contract.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not really a concern. Tons of Cowboys fans want him gone anyway, so if he gets hurt in game one, they win! They being the "realists".

Wow. Yes, the people you are referring to all have the same beliefs you describe. All "realists" want Romo gone. You are so intense about applying labels you are neglecting common sense. Whatever floats your boat.

sideon

Reaction score
Oh no!!!! A 30+ qb that has taken constant hits since 07 has to manage his body better? This is completely unexpected because we all know football players never have to change the way they play when they get older.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Wow. Yes, the people you are referring to all have the same beliefs you describe. All "realists" want Romo gone. You are so intense about applying labels you are neglecting common sense. Whatever floats your boat.

Tha'ts how the militant homers in here act when anyone disagrees with them.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Not really a concern. Tons of Cowboys fans want him gone anyway, so if he gets hurt in game one, they win! They being the "realists".

Well I don't think he's an elite guy like some but I certainly want him to play. I wish they had a better backup than Weeden but it is what it is. They went with the cheap guy. I hope Tony doesn't miss a down.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Thanks...my boat floats just fine. The "realists" boat is always on the verge of sinking. Put your life jacket on.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yep you're right. @5Stars stop confusing me!

Contract was signed on March 29, 2013. Surgery was May 22, 2013.

I remember reading/hearing from Fisher I believe that Romo did not start complaining about the back until a few weeks AFTER he signed the contract.

That's what I thought. So, how was Jerry at fault for extending him without really knowing he needed surgery?

I guess you could fault Jerry for not having Romo totally checked out beforehand, but that is just all second guessing.

Alexander

Reaction score
Oh no!!!! A 30+ qb that has taken constant hits since 07 has to manage his body better? This is completely unexpected because we all know football players never have to change the way they play when they get older.

Exactly. As they get older they have to take care of their bodies more and prepare better. Nothing really that shocking here.

Romo's injury should do nothing but remind the decision makers of his mortality. You can never assume that old talent can just go another four years.

Alexander

Reaction score
Jerry knows the truth about his back and that's prob why it came out that he will always wonder on what it would had been if he had drafted manziel.

That is probably not as crazy as it sounds.