Anyone else think we need a new TE?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If blocking is his problem then why don't they split him out if he is so good at receiving ?

perrykemp

Reaction score
I am not willing to write him off yet -- I still think he can be a Todd Heap type of TE.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There i

There is a reason he is barely playing . A 2nd round pick should be an immediate impact starter . No ifs or buts I'm tired of excuses .
Sometimes, you speak in insane generalities that aren't even close to being the truth.

dart

Reaction score
Todd Heap LOL - he might be a Heep of Sh*******t

but they said last night that Hanna was playing more because he was the better blocker - and there know sense of teaching a guy to block if he can't do it already

I mean my gawd What is pee wee HS an College for ?????????????? anybody ??????????

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Sometimes, you speak in insane generalities that aren't even close to being the truth.
Is it really insane to expect a 2nd ROund pick to have an impact or is it more insane to be content with taking 2nd round TE busts over and over ? Have you read the definition of insane ? This organization is it . We are 133 and 133 since 1997 .

Ren

Reaction score
No worries we have a 2nd round pick again come April, eventually dumb luck will land us one if we just keep trying

T-RO

Reaction score
Escobar might become that guy -- but it won't be this year.

Go back and look at the scouting reports on Escobar -- he was very highly regarded.

I yelled from the top of my voice my disregard for this draft pick...from day 1 until now. How do you draft a guy who is known as a lousy blocker AND who has zero speed in the receiving game. Horrible, horrible pick by our GM.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
A part of me wants to trade witten, but its not because he isnt getting separation. Its because Romo throws to him too much. He stares at Witten when the best player on the team is lined up at WR.

Take Romo's security blanket away and force him to throw to Dez.

But but but.. He throws to him all the time when they play Madden together & it works. o_O

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I yelled from the top of my voice my disregard for this draft pick...from day 1 until now. How do you draft a guy who is known as a lousy blocker AND who has zero speed in the receiving game. Horrible, horrible pick by our GM.

We could have had Eddie lacy , leveon bell or monte ball :)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Wow.

No.

You need to :
Keep building that line.
Design better audibles, check-downs, and change the play calling.
You need to draft so many defensive players it's not even funny, almost every position. (And I give it up for some of those guys like Lee, Ware, etc).

The Cowboys are doing the opposite of what the Carolina Panthers did years back. They ignored the position when Wesley Walls was there and then ignored it because their QB was experienced.
It is a stupid cycle. Even if you are loaded at LB in a 3-4 you draft another one to stash, even if you have an all-star at NT you draft another one to stash.

The Cowboys are drafting TE after TE and none of them come close to stepping up to take over as the # 1 TE for the team. That's poor drafting not poor effort. Or perhaps it is poor coaching and a loyalty problem.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Wow.

No.

You need to :
Keep building that line.
Design better audibles, check-downs, and change the play calling.
You need to draft so many defensive players it's not even funny, almost every position. (And I give it up for some of those guys like Lee, Ware, etc).

The Cowboys are doing the opposite of what the Carolina Panthers did years back. They ignored the position when Wesley Walls was there and then ignored it because their QB was experienced.
It is a stupid cycle. Even if you are loaded at LB in a 3-4 you draft another one to stash, even if you have an all-star at NT you draft another one to stash.

The Cowboys are drafting TE after TE and none of them come close to stepping up to take over as the # 1 TE for the team. That's poor drafting not poor effort. Or perhaps it is poor coaching and a loyalty problem.

Maybe we should draft a TE in the 1st instead of the 2nd? @_@

Gaede

Reaction score
Escobar was a terrible pick. Let him prove us all wrong. But at this point, he has shown absolutely no reason for optimism

T-RO

Reaction score
Lol why did we draft this guy again ?

That's what I've been saying! He has outstanding hands and he's a tad taller than most tight ends. Aside from that?

He's not above average fast nor above average strong...and he was known as a liability as a blocker. This is the kind of guy you draft in the 6th round. And it wasn't even a position of need for the team!

Wheels-off drafting. Jerry doing what Jerry do.