Anyone ever meet Jerry Jones or Stephen?

coult44

Reaction score
I was a teammate of Jerry Jones Jr in college. Through him, I got to go to the owner’s box and meet his dad. Very outgoing and affable guy, just as his public persona is. But genuine as well. And a big drinker... As a bonus, Jerry Jr got us tickets for the ‘92 and ‘93 Super Bowls and got us into the players after party. It was amazing. Bought Aikman a beer. And spoke for a good while with Darren Woodson and Mark Tunei... Jerry Jr and I lost touch over the years, but these are lifetime memories.

Wow!! That’s super cool. You screwed up though on this one. Thats one friend you should’ve kept in touch with hahahah

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am guessing Emmitt is pretty much down to earth. Now Irvin, on the other hand, is probably a very memorable experience. :)

How was Emmitt? How did you meet him?
I was a sporting goods sale rep in Pensacola in the early to mid 80s.
Had a side line pass for all his Jr year home games and chatted with him then.
Good times!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The only way I would believe that story is if you included that Stephen was taking money from the church offering plate.

Addendum to my Jones family encounter:

Later that night someone broke into the Church and stole the weekly offerings. The only evidence was an empty bottle of Buffalo Trace.

RS12

Reaction score
I have a funny story. Back in the mid 90’s, the Cowboys’ web site was just horrible. It was always down, always crashing. So I looked up the site on WhoIs to find the contact information of someone and guess whose name was on the domain contact? Jerry freaking Jones. Talk about something that would never happen in 2021.

So I emailed him and they responded! I was contacted by, I want to say Derek Eagleton but it might have been someone else, and below in the headers I saw that the email was forwarded by Jerry Jones. It turns out though that it wasn’t Jerry senior, it was Jerry Jones junior. Anyway we arranged a phone call and I tried to convince them to hire me to fix it but all they wanted to understand were the problems and how to fix it.

The story doesn’t end there. So in 1999 (I think), the team was terrible and Aikman was in his final years. I decided to email Jerry senior directly - I could figure out his email address based on the naming convention. I wish I had a copy of it somewhere but I don’t. The email said that the team is falling apart and Aikman needs a weapon, please trade for Joey Galloway even if it takes two #1s!

He didn’t respond, but the trade happened! I always wonder if I in some small way planted that in his head or if based on my email he thought it was a good idea in order to appease the fans. If I ever do meet him some day, I’m going to ask!!
Please dont plant anymore seeds.

johneric8

Reaction score
I was hired to photograph Ron White's wedding about 7 years ago here in Dallas and Jerry was one of the guest.
I ended up talking to him by an ice sculpture I was photographing because he walked by and said "thats a hell of an expensive ice cube"

I said hello but didn't feel it was professional of me to try and strike up a convo.. He didn't stay long at the reception but I did notice him
drinking some cocktails and looking quite tipsy while he kept rubbing some young girls butt.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Addendum to my Jones family encounter:

Later that night someone broke into the Church and stole the weekly offerings. The only evidence was an empty bottle of Buffalo Trace.
That is what got him out of the charges he does not drink the cheap stuff

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I was hired to photograph Ron White's wedding about 7 years ago here in Dallas and Jerry was one of the guest.
I ended up talking to him by an ice sculpture I was photographing because he walked by and said "thats a hell of an expensive ice cube"

I said hello but didn't feel it was professional of me to try and strike up a convo.. He didn't stay long at the reception but I did notice him
drinking some cocktails and looking quite tipsy while he kept rubbing some young girls butt.
I want to see the picture please

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That is what got him out of the charges he does not drink the cheap stuff

I can guarantee Jerry likes to sling in the mud every now and again.

True story...my buddies and I had a weekend where we only drank cheap beer. Old Milwaukee. Busch. Miller Lite. Genie Cream Ale. It was hysterical. That crap is disgusting but we had a blast going down memory lane.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
My wife and friends know Jerry Jr. He is supposedly the more outgoing of the kids, but I don't really know him.
I'm assuming you're referring to JWM from law school?
Back in the single days, we had some overlap. Good times.

Yup! We had a great group of guys in Houston that seemed to enjoy going out as much…if not more..than studying ..haha. This was probably around 3rd year so 95-96. He was very outgoing! :)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have a funny story. Back in the mid 90’s, the Cowboys’ web site was just horrible. It was always down, always crashing. So I looked up the site on WhoIs to find the contact information of someone and guess whose name was on the domain contact? Jerry freaking Jones. Talk about something that would never happen in 2021.

So I emailed him and they responded! I was contacted by, I want to say Derek Eagleton but it might have been someone else, and below in the headers I saw that the email was forwarded by Jerry Jones. It turns out though that it wasn’t Jerry senior, it was Jerry Jones junior. Anyway we arranged a phone call and I tried to convince them to hire me to fix it but all they wanted to understand were the problems and how to fix it.

The story doesn’t end there. So in 1999 (I think), the team was terrible and Aikman was in his final years. I decided to email Jerry senior directly - I could figure out his email address based on the naming convention. I wish I had a copy of it somewhere but I don’t. The email said that the team is falling apart and Aikman needs a weapon, please trade for Joey Galloway even if it takes two #1s!

He didn’t respond, but the trade happened! I always wonder if I in some small way planted that in his head or if based on my email he thought it was a good idea in order to appease the fans. If I ever do meet him some day, I’m going to ask!!

1de932a51434b1af435f6b20ab63742c.jpg

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a teammate of Jerry Jones Jr in college. Through him, I got to go to the owner’s box and meet his dad. Very outgoing and affable guy, just as his public persona is. But genuine as well. And a big drinker... As a bonus, Jerry Jr got us tickets for the ‘92 and ‘93 Super Bowls and got us into the players after party. It was amazing. Bought Aikman a beer. And spoke for a good while with Darren Woodson and Mark Tunei... Jerry Jr and I lost touch over the years, but these are lifetime memories.
Awesome

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry multiple times. Never directly met Stephen. Jerry is nice but always scanning for the women. Man loves a crowd and a party.

The nicest man I ever met from the Cowboys by far was Dave Campo. Terrific guy and a true gentleman. Close seconds were Bill Bates and Dat Nguyen. I've heard Darren Woodson and George Teague are we well.

And of course Roger. The man should be president of the United States

I've met Daryl Johnston, Charles Haley, and Tony Dorsett several times because our kids played soccer with and against each other for years. Daryl is especially cool. Charles is quiet. Tony doesn't like a lot of attention, but he's dealing with health issues. Our daughters were always matched up against each other, so we've talked and he's very complimentary.

I've also been neighbors with others over the years, but they usually are not there for long.
George has been to my house, very nice man. He was here with several legends but he made the biggest impression on me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd love to meet Jerry at some point. He seems like a nice chap. I've met a few of the Cowboys players/former players including getting an autograph from Quincy Carter in 2002 before the Panthers game (I was 9 at the time). Nice chap.