Anyone feeling confident?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
And yet most agree Payton’s a great coach for scoring two more points in a game he could have lost by a fg on the final drive.

People see what they want to see when it comes to coaching.

Not me! What I want to see is a great Cowboys coach, but it's been a long time since I've seen that. :laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As always with attacking Green Bay's offense, the key for us on defense is to mount a threatening pass rush to counteract Aaron Rodgers. On offense, we must make the most of our balance and mix up our passing and running game to be more unpredictable. Doing what we did last week isn't the way to overcome a very versatile GB defense that will adjust to whatever we're doing to be predictable.

Balance will be the key and being as varied on offense as possible is the best way to start with them. Throwing more on 1st down than we did last week is highly advisable, imho. Concentrating on whatever they're having a poor day doing should be noticed and attacked. It requires in-game adjustments and not relying upon pre-established game plans to become overly predictable.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
its what I said.. JG gets reamed but all coaches make similar mistakes, we just hate on JG because its fresh on our minds up close and personal..Ive seen Mcvay super Boy genius make some bad calls and mistakes this year alone..

its ironic that when players dont execute how a team and Coach really look bad and start being questioned. Im not defending Garett as if hes great but he cant truly help some of crazy stuff thats happened in season but more so in the post season..

Plyers around here seem to pick the biggest moments to have their worst games..
I know you said it. That's why I repeated it. Maybe I should have said you were right it was a huge mistake I seen the great one to make more than one even the great Bill Belichick in the playoffs. You went for it three times on fourth down instead of kicking field goals where he would have won the game if he didn't do that speculation I know but, huge mistakes Turn It Again by the best of them

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How are you guys feeling about Garrett coaching against either of the coaches from tonight's game in a playoff game? Although l think the Seahawks are more lucky than good. Like Giants WR catching the ball against his helmet lucky...

Thoughts?
Good coaches get lucky a lot. They make their own luck.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I am optimistic because we are at home, have re-calibrated our offense to redeem itself and our defense is starting to look formidable. Now the Packers are going to put some points on the board and so will we with a diverse attack.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will have to see which team shows up. If we don’t move the ball it will slip away fast.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will bounce back in a big way today. Last week they pretty much all looked like they didn't want to be there, i don't think that will happen today.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Wish I could say confident. I'm picking Dallas to win but Rodgers is 6-2 against Dallas. He owns us. I live in Indiana and I think the way Colts fans feel about Brady is how we feel about Rodgers.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As always with attacking Green Bay's offense, the key for us on defense is to mount a threatening pass rush to counteract Aaron Rodgers. On offense, we must make the most of our balance and mix up our passing and running game to be more unpredictable. Doing what we did last week isn't the way to overcome a very versatile GB defense that will adjust to whatever we're doing to be predictable.

Balance will be the key and being as varied on offense as possible is the best way to start with them. Throwing more on 1st down than we did last week is highly advisable, imho. Concentrating on whatever they're having a poor day doing should be noticed and attacked. It requires in-game adjustments and not relying upon pre-established game plans to become overly predictable.

We are going to give up yards to Rodgers. A lot of yards.

Marinelli has a TERRIBLE record vs AR, with good reason.

AR destroys every BBDB defense he plays against.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Wish I could say confident. I'm picking Dallas to win but Rodgers is 6-2 against Dallas. He owns us. I live in Indiana and I think the way Colts fans feel about Brady is how we feel about Rodgers.

AR owns Marinelli. His career record vs AR stinks.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will bounce back in a big way today. Last week they pretty much all looked like they didn't want to be there, i don't think that will happen today.

If we see that 8 man/press D that the Saints used, which the Gains used in 2016, we are in trouble.

cowboyed

Reaction score

I am optimistic but not confident. The dark side of confidence is arrogance, particularly after a loss. But I do believe our team is mentally and physically ready to get after this Packers team and hopefully tighten the defensive screws particularly in the 4th quarter.

cowboyed

Reaction score
If we see that 8 man/press D that the Saints used, which the Gains used in 2016, we are in trouble.

Yes and no. The coaching staff knows teams also emulate defensive schemes or approaches game to game as long as the alignment and timing on the front line isn't too intricate. In other words we will be better prepared
but you know part of the success of that 8 man press are the skill players the Saints have.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We are going to give up yards to Rodgers. A lot of yards.

Marinelli has a TERRIBLE record vs AR, with good reason.

AR destroys every BBDB defense he plays against.

That's why I've been saying we need to score around 30 points or so, for that explicit reason.

The bend but don't break scheme of defense versus Green Bay is just like asking for trouble.