Anyone get feeling MM is coming back?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don’t know. The reason Big Mike was hired was to do better in the play offs. Garrett got to 2 divisional rounds game and lost both to Green Bay. If Mike don’t get to the NFCCG why should he keep his job

Garrett got 10 seasons, this is Mike's 3rd (really his 2nd season since 2020 was basically lost to covid).

He should get at least one more season unless we get destroyed in the first round.

nobody

Reaction score
Garrett got 10 seasons, this is Mike's 3rd (really his 2nd season since 2020 was basically lost to covid).

He should get at least one more season unless we get destroyed in the first round.

I didn't like the hire, because it was Garrett's recommendation, but I agree that he should get another season unless they once again roll over like chumps in the first playoff game.

plasticman

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose their first playoff game you say goodbye to Mike.

That's just my gut feeling, nothing confirmed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
.. I sure do. Other than the Covid season. MM has done a good job as HC.

Players like him, coaches like him. Brings a football atmosphere.

Compare that to Garrett days, of robotic expressions and sayings.

Should Dallas get deep into playoffs, its very viable he returns.

..what say you?
I always did think Mike McCarthy would be back. The only people that think otherwise are the MM haters that never gave him a chance,

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
NFC Championship or bust in my opinion he was brought here to win in the playoffs, not the regular season. JG won in the regular season just fine and that's why he's gone.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has big expectations as he should.
If we lose a playoff game because we're not on point
He's toast

fansince68

Reaction score
If we are one and done in the playoffs after coming out flat, reading our press clippings, and lose horribly at home.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Anyone that wants payton as coach would still have to give up #1 pick wouldn’t they.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The biggest takeaway and important thing MM will do this year imo other than if they win the whole thing (always the main goal) is to have back to back years of 10+ wins and post season appearances. It’s the start of building a franchise that every year you can count on being in the mix.

being in the mix meaning for the division and the conference. Franchises like Baltimore, 49ers, Steelers (historically), eagles, New England, packers (most years). Organizations who get into the post season year after year and don’t go on a New England like run but are always there. they get to the tournament enough where one year they can bust the door down and break through and win the whole thing.

we have not been that for 25 years. Some will blame jerry and that’s fine he’s not above criticism and it’s Fair but more important is making sure we become one of these franchises and getting back to the post season and hopefully going on a run is a key building block in doing so this season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Anyone get feeling MM is coming back?", asked the rest of the customers in the buffet line.

Reactions: BAT

JayFord

Reaction score
we'd have to drop the rest of our games and he'd have to publicly criticize Jerry to get fired

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or.....DQ is a good DC but keeps failing as a HC, and he is doing great under the competent HCing of MM.

My post didnt claim dq was a good hc. But calling him a failure is too much for a guy who went to the SB as a HC. But id agree hes a BETTER DC

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike McCarthy is an upgrade from Jason Garrett and that’s an understatement. He doesn’t get enough credit for what he did at the beginning of this season to keep this thing afloat.

Is he a great coach? No. But he's certainly better than Garrett or Wade Phillips. My concerns about Big Mac are centered on his seeming inability to improve the penalty-fest this team still gets into from time to time.

But honestly, Mike McCarthy is probably as good a coach as we can have here in Dallas as long as Jerry breathes. Unfortunately JJ does not choose his head coaches based primarily on who’s the best available and who gives us the best chance to win. He chooses his HC based FIRST on who makes him feel comfortable to do his meddling ways and who is least likely to steal any of his spotlight.

All things considered…Big Mac is about as good a HC as we can expect. And no Sean Payton is not coming to Big D.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it's possible that MMs future might well depend upon how well this team responds to their competition in the playoffs. Of course, it would be largely dependent upon how the FO feels about their chances of getting a promising replacement. Premium coaches don't grow on trees, so good luck with that. Finding one who'd be ready and willing to join forces with the Cowboys' front office might be an interesting situation to observe. Of course, it also remains to be seen if Dan Quinn would be the one to be offered and possibly accept that role. I'm sure the FO would hate to lose him if he were tempted to join another team as their HC.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
This tells me that you don't pay much attention to the team. Parcels had to go thru Stephen to get anything done. All Parcels could do was pick his staff and make idiot comments in press conferences, berate and belittle the players
.....be a great drafter, build a contender, and sign excellent FAs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is an upgrade from Jason Garrett and that’s an understatement. He doesn’t get enough credit for what he did at the beginning of this season to keep this thing afloat.

Is he a great coach? No. But he's certainly better than Garrett or Wade Phillips. My concerns about Big Mac are centered on his seeming inability to improve the penalty-fest this team still gets into from time to time.

But honestly, Mike McCarthy is probably as good a coach as we can have here in Dallas as long as Jerry breathes. Unfortunately JJ does not choose his head coaches based primarily on who’s the best available and who gives us the best chance to win. He chooses his HC based FIRST on who makes him feel comfortable to do his meddling ways and who is least likely to steal any of his spotlight.

All things considered…Big Mac is about as good a HC as we can expect. And no Sean Payton is not coming to Big D.
MM = Andy Reid. Same guy.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
What exactly is MM role specifically as it relates to Cowboys success this season.

Is MM reason for Cowboys sacks leading defense?

Is MM reason that Rush was so successful when Dak went down?

Is MM reason why offense is tops since Dak return?

Is MM reason why Cowboys have drafted so well?

Is MM reason why key FA signed with Cowboys?

Is MM elite at any of his game day responsibilities?