Anyone get feeling MM is coming back?

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I’m not a McCarthy fan, but I just don’t see him getting fired. Especially how the team didn’t fold when Dak went down.

Findanny

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose their first playoff game you say goodbye to Mike.

That's just my gut feeling, nothing confirmed.
I feel the same as this. If dem boys lose the first playoff game, he’s most likely gone. I have a feeling we’re going to the NFC championship game. I don’t know why I feel that, but I do.

Findanny

Reaction score

I feel the same as this. If dem boys lose the first playoff game, he’s most likely gone. I have a feeling we’re going to the NFC championship game. I don’t know why I feel that, but I do.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
.. I sure do. Other than the Covid season. MM has done a good job as HC.

Players like him, coaches like him. Brings a football atmosphere.

Compare that to Garrett days, of robotic expressions and sayings.

Should Dallas get deep into playoffs, its very viable he returns.

..what say you?

Sure he is coming back.
I love the American movie "Groundhog Day."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well I hope you have good instincts.

Praxit

Reaction score
E="Runwildboys, post: 12345614, member: 39158"]Well I hope you have good instincts.[/QUOTE]

..I second that emotion. Man, wouldn't that be something.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Good point.
Everybody talking about if MM is gone or not, my question would be "who is his replacement"?
If its Sean Payton, hell yeah, sign me up. But if we are talking about Kellen Moore being promoted to HC, hell no!!! That doofus blows at least 2 games a year with his stupid pass happy play calling........
......and/or his stupid "too cute" plays that usually fail.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry would even think of firing MM for going 1 and done in the playoffs this year unless he already has someone in particular in mind that he wants already.

Loso86

Reaction score

..what say you?
Why wouldn't he at this point

nobody

Reaction score
Uh, but Jerry did hire a Parcells-type. He hired Bill Parcells.

Most agree that he only did that in order to get his stadium built. Look at the type of coaches he hired after Parcells.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I think it depends on how we lose.

We get pasted 49-7 then he is gone.

If we lose in OT by a field goal, say 38-35................I think he gets one more year.

offlimits

Reaction score

..what say you?

I still think that MM is on a short leash. I do. I think he needs to get this team at least to an NFC championship game this season.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry would even think of firing MM for going 1 and done in the playoffs this year unless he already has someone in particular in mind that he wants already.

MM has overcome: losing Tyron, Dak, failing to get their no.1 pre-season target (Gregory), whilst trimming the CAP and relying on our recent draft picks (more from necessity than design).....all of this with a team that's failing had been exposed in last years play-offs.
He's even changed (again more luck than design) the focus of the offense, to a game-plan that actually suits the O-Line and allows Dak to work off the run....a running game that is now more balanced (using more Tony) which overcomes some of the issues of the 49ers game.
I doubt Jerry's sacking the guy that actually got him to the play-offs in the face of such adversity. Especially as I doubt expectations were that great leading into the season.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As long as puppet allows the puppet master to keep pulling the strings he will stay.
I think you’re way off base on this one. I don’t see him being a puppet it at all.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Assuming the team keeps its current progress, hard to believe Big Mac will be the first Coach since Chan Gailey to get in the Playoffs two seasons in a row.