Twitter: Anyone know what happened on their bench?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SNY.0.gif.d6ea949e083d37cf461ac93a918e40d2.gif
Snyder has Moobs.......gross.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The media is ridiculous. The roof has caved in on that team and two talented guys in that defense decimated with other players missing are frustrated at the doormats they’ve become . How many times did Dez Bryant go into theatrics on the Cowboys sidelines. Collnsworth is a joke .
And they showed dez anytime he did.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I'll probably catch a little heat for this opinion but I don't think it was that big of a deal. Football is a violent sport and things got heated. Was it the right thing to do? No of course not, but he basically admitted that. They didn't have anything for us yesterday and frustration set in and if I'm Rivera I'd probably appreciate the fact that they were pissed off about it. Bc it seemed like they were just mad bc they cared.

conner01

Reaction score
Didn't the Skins / WFT have a WR (Westbrook ?) beat the **** out of a teammate in training camp?
I think he got suspended, fined or some type of discipline.
Getting old, can't remember shitzga anymore.
I think you are right and this was during a game on national TV so there should be some ramifications

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That was in poor taste on NBC's side. Just let it be and stop talking about it. 2 grown men got into a fight and one sucker punched the other. No reason to keep showing the guy that got punched with blood on his face. Again, poor taste.

Don’t know about sucker punch! You put a finger on someone face expect to get hit because even that person that is putting the finger on the face knows what is coming. Even back in the day growing up my brother or myself knew what to expect when we did that to each other.

CWR

Reaction score
You can't break a team any further than what we did to them last night.

It doesn't get much worse than swinging on your teammate, on the sidelines, on national freaking television.

Talk about crushing their spirit.

270048721_5048038895230223_2174742746437391_n.jpg

plymkr

Reaction score
Don’t know about sucker punch! You put a finger on someone face expect to get hit because even that person that is putting the finger on the face knows what is coming. Even back in the day growing up my brother or myself knew what to expect when we did that to each other.
Not disagreeing with you. My main point is NBC didn't have to keep going back to it and showing Payne being upset on the sidelines. They could have left it alone. I thought it was in poor taste to keep showing Payne on the sidelines. If our players got into a fight I wouldn't want NBC to keep rehashing it. JMO

lockster

Reaction score
Payne forgot that there's a line U don't cross. Esp. when Allen is as big or bigger. Lol

lockster

Reaction score
I'll probably catch a little heat for this opinion but I don't think it was that big of a deal. Football is a violent sport and things got heated. Was it the right thing to do? No of course not, but he basically admitted that. They didn't have anything for us yesterday and frustration set in and if I'm Rivera I'd probably appreciate the fact that they were pissed off about it. Bc it seemed like they were just mad bc they cared.
Yes, a good fight gets guys caring

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
No idea.

Loved the turmoil initially, but truthfully, I didn’t love NBC cutting back to Daron Payne over and over again. Dude was clearly fuming and needed a minute.

I agree with this. If this happened at a high school game in the 80s, your teammates would break you guys apart, and say, "Let it go, man," or something like that, and it would stay between the team. The coach would remind you that you're teammates who have to work together and make you both apologize and shake hands. At most, the only outside involvement would be classmates asking if you were okay. With today's NFL, they thrive on conflict for ratings, and every TV talk show and Youtube channel will babble on about it ad nauseum. Even at high school games today, some idiot with an iPhone might capture it and post it on social media so that everyone gossips about it and makes it a much bigger deal than it really was. Two players on the same team were having an awful day due to a terrible performance, and things got heated. That's all that was. It doesn't need to be analyzed to death. But it will be.

chagus

Reaction score
I actually thought about feeling bad for the WFT. I thought about it. I mean... that was a REAL BEAT DOWN Dallas gave em. So... I can see why tensions were high. Prime time embarrassment.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You can't break a team any further than what we did to them last night.

It doesn't get much worse than swinging on your teammate, on the sidelines, on national freaking television.

Talk about crushing their spirit.

That game left a mark on WFT. Their defense, and especially their defensive line, was their strength going into the season. Their defensive line took it on the chin and went lights out. They are going to feel that epic beatdown for years and years. Remember the game WFT brought their own benches and got so clobbered by the Cowboys that they were punching each other out on the sideline.

Reactions: CWR

Qcard

Reaction score
I missed it.......

This happens in 85% of the Football games in AMERICA!! Or where real football is being played.

But when the game is a whooping, TV ratings have to find something better..... Brothers fight.

If this game was close the narrative would have been different, if WFT Shadow Boxers won! That punch would be called "Hogs Fight Back into Playoffs"

CWR

Reaction score
That game left a mark on WFT. Their defense, and especially their defensive line, was their strength going into the season. Their defensive line took it on the chin and went lights out. They are going to feel that epic beatdown for years and years. Remember the game WFT brought their own benches and got so clobbered by the Cowboys that they were punching each other out on the sideline.

Great freaking point, and I hadn't tied it together yet either. Awesome lol

Bringing their own benches was petty, however it provided a beautiful time stamp on the event. They managed to really etch that game into the history of this rivalry with that one terrible decision. Good for them. Lol.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Not from me as I think the same way. The media makes such a bit deal about anything these days it's embarrassing. They were pissed off and they are young goons playing a violent sport who just let it out that way sometimes. Someone says something the other doesn't like and the cameras everywhere are forgotten. Happens. Doesn't mean that team is gone. The coaches will sort it out and that's the end of it. A losing season should suck, otherwise I'd question that team spirit even more.