Anyone miss Roy Williams? *Merge*

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
and to believe people were actually saying last week: ''who misses roy wiliams?'' - the guy can stop the run pretty darn good. maybe the result wouldnt have changed, but its stupid when people try to minimize wut he brings on run D.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
WG5516;2294001 said:
LOL No they did not miss him. You haven't heard anything about Roy since his injury.

What would you expect them to say?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Who they missed was Felix Jones. I didn't see the game (I was at my own games) but the stat line I was shown showed he had no carries, no catches, so I guess they didn't get him the ball at all.

And apparently Barber didn't deserve more than 8 carries either. Stupid, stupid, stupid, offensive gameplan.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
k0wb0y;2294014 said:
and to believe people were actually saying last week: ''who misses roy wiliams?'' - the guy can stop the run pretty darn good. maybe the result wouldnt have changed, but its stupid when people try to minimize wut he brings on run D.

Precisely.

I've been critical of Roy as well, but Portis clearly benefited from his absence.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Ok, so blame not being able to run the ball on RW?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2294024 said:
Who they missed was Felix Jones. I didn't see the game (I was at my own games) but the stat line I was shown showed he had no carries, no catches, so I guess they didn't get him the ball at all.

And apparently Barber didn't deserve more than 8 carries either. Stupid, stupid, stupid, offensive gameplan.

Does Felix Jones play defense?:D

actual29

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2293993 said:
Everyone's favorite punching bag: Roy Williams.

The run defense clearly suffered without his presence in the secondary. For whatever laments you may harbor about his coverage skills, he's a force against the run.
i actually agree
i was never for getting rid of him... he's been in on a lot of tackles the first couple games

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Roy's absence not only hurts us because he's our best strong safety and our best run-stopping safety, it also has a domino effect on our other safeties.

With Roy out, Watkins has to play more and gets exposed more often. And because Watkins can't play every play, Courtney Brown has to play some of the time, and he has been pretty poor against the run and probably shouldn't be lined up in the box at all.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yeah, we never saw Washington score more than 20 points on us when Roy was in the game.

Except in both meetings last year. Once the year before. Once the year before that.

But in two of the last six meetings, we didn't allow Washington to score 20+ points on us because we had Roy Williams.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;2292631 said:
And his 100+ tackles.

I sure do.

We got beat deep several times with or with out him.

Portis ran wild.

Will the haters please stand up.

I was going to make a thread like this I hope we don't continue to look like this on defense when RW comes back.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Actually no.

It was the line, imo tank johnson that played the biggest part in us giving up so many running yards today.

newlander

Reaction score
right on theebs. BOTH lines got whipped today: BADLY. They should be ashamed. We schooled Philly and they have a better defense than wash. any day of the week. We let up today and it cost us. Will they learn a lesson.........stay tuned.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i hope roy williams never plays another down in a cowboy uniform.

this once great player has been finished for years now.

what the hell have you roy williams supporters been watching?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
lane;2294218 said:
i hope roy williams never plays another down in a cowboy uniform.

this once great player has been finished for years now.

what the hell have you roy williams supporters been watching?

Oh no you di'int!

And here is where the thread turns south...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
PBJTime;2294230 said:
Oh no you di'int!

And here is where the thread turns south...

oh yea i did...roy can't even tackle anymore....

putting a weak shoulder and crumbling to the ground as the rb rumbles for 15.

he found religion or some ****..

he couldn't cover a te or wr if his life depended on it.

roy used to be one of my fave players on this team...that player is gone.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nope, I think we still lose that game with or without Roy Williams.

We still would have stupid penalties.

Santana Moss would still burn us with those quick outs and slants.

We still would not have been able to move the ball effectively and consistently on offense.

Folks, losing a Pro Bowl Safety hurts, but Roy Williams does not put us over the top in this game.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
I don't miss Roy...don't really care to get him back either...although...he is good in the run game...I think I was the only one not happy to see newman come back...our corners are average if you ask me, they gave up huge plays last year and they continue to do so...I know that the other teams are going to make plays occasionally but it always seems I’m not happy with roy or our corners (newman in particular)...I question him being one of the best in the league...I’ve only been happy with our D a few times since the 2007 season...thank god our O can put up some points...I still think we go 12-4 this year so this is not one of those dooms day replies...hopefully some people agree with me and I don't get totally bashed...:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Said it during the game. We missed his run support. That's never ever been an issue in the running game.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
anyone who doesn't think we are better with Roy out there is a stone cold idiot.

and this comes from someone who is labelled by many on the board as a "Roy hater"