Anyone miss Roy Williams? *Merge*

Dwight

Reaction score
smarta5150;2292631 said:
And his 100+ tackles.

I sure do.

We got beat deep several times with or with out him.

Portis ran wild.

Will the haters please stand up.

I am surprise that a certain person isn't upset with this statement. He usually gets upset with individuals who have opinions.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
wasnt it newman who is this forums savior, that gave the majority of the long balls? wasnt he shutdown?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
LatinMind;2292780 said:
wasnt it newman who is this forums savior, that gave the majority of the long balls? wasnt he shutdown?

Don't get me started on Newman today.

He was worked over and over... obviously.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
we definitely missed Roy today.. unfortunately, it takes getting torched in the run game and getting beat to make people realize what a big difference he makes in run support..

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I wonder how much he would've helped. One observation I made was how the skins almost never had a negative run. They got damn near 3 to 4 yards almost every carry. Just wondering how much of a difference he would've made against the run.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I cant wait till he comes back, i mean we give up big plays with or without him and at least we'll have a SS that is good against the run.

sacase

Reaction score
RW is good in run support. I think this game shows why he will remain a Cowboy. WE really missed him.

Side note: At least RW was in the picture when Moss caught his long passes, this time there wasn't even a safety in the picture.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
smarta5150;2292631 said:
And his 100+ tackles.

I sure do.

We got beat deep several times with or with out him.

Portis ran wild.

Will the haters please stand up.

i have been saying why isnt he playing with a CAST.............we need him.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Just curious, does being "in the picture" make the TDs count less than other TDs?

What does that matter?

Poor play is poor play. Just because the other guys suck in coverage doesn't make Roy any better.

As I've said, Roy probably would've helped in RUN SUPPORT, but it makes him no better in coverage.

sacase;2293296 said:
Side note: At least RW was in the picture when Moss caught his long passes, this time there wasn't even a safety in the picture.

kramskoi

Reaction score
...sure he was missed in run support...but the bigger issue was the offense...someone should post up at Valley Ranch the following:

"Thou shalt establish the run or face certain defeat in the NFC East"

Romo's accuracy was dreadful today...either that or the receivers were thinking it was the final game of the season with nothing at stake...sloppy, tentative, and unfocused were the Cowboys today...Romo was simply asked to do too much without a miscue...Campbell had a running game to fall back on, which helped him limit mistakes...Romo did'nt...you just HAD to wonder where and when Romo was going to throw the pick...forcing balls to Owens simply did'nt payoff and they took too long to get him involved...maybe they miss Deon Anderson at fullback, i don't know but they are going to be in the fight of their lives in their remaining division games if they can't establish the run...and now they'll have to go to FEDEX field later this year and return the favor...i just don't know what is it with this team at home versus division rivals...they've played carelessly, going all the way back to 2006 versus the Eagles...another in a series of embarrassing losses at Texas Stadium...:(

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Did you notice that the defense managed to stop the Commanders inside the Redzone and force a FG four times. They got to the Dallas: 2, 15, 15, and 11.

Despite being pushed around, the defense did a good enough job that this game should NOT have come down to trying an on-side kick for possession.

THe defense' pass rush did fade after the 1st quarter though

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
kramskoi;2293376 said:
...sure he was missed in run support...but the bigger issue was the offense...someone should post up at Valley Ranch the following:

"Thou shalt establish the run or face certain defeat in the NFC East"

Romo's accuracy was dreadful today...either that or the receivers were thinking it was the final game of the season with nothing at stake...sloppy, tentative, and unfocused were the Cowboys today...Romo was simply asked to do too much without a miscue...Campbell had a running game to fall back on, which helped him limit mistakes...Romo did'nt...you just HAD to wonder where and when Romo was going to throw the pick...forcing balls to Owens simply did'nt payoff and they took too long to get him involved...maybe they miss Deon Anderson at fullback, i don't know but they are going to be in the fight of their lives in their remaining division games if they can't establish the run...and now they'll have to go to FEDEX field later this year and return the favor...i just don't know what is it with this team at home versus division rivals...they've played carelessly, going all the way back to 2006 versus the Eagles...another in a series of embarrassing losses at Texas Stadium...:(

He did complete 60% of his passes. Receivers dropped a few also. I wouldn't exactly call that "dreadful" but yes he was asked to do alot without much help.

JPM

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2292757 said:
I have another question

where the **** was Ken Hamlin today? it seems like every game there's 2 instances, right before the snap, where everyone in the 2ndary is running around asking what they're supposed to do, isn't Hamlin supposed to make that clear in the huddle beforehand?

he didn't provide deep help today, and was a non-factor in the running game, even totally whiffed trying to tackle Clinton Portis late in the game
That whiff was the only time I saw Hamilton today Bob.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...Roy Williams going forward in run support would have helped tremendously.

I don't think he would have made a difference with the three balls Newman lost track of.

Or the narrow escapes by Jason Campbell.

He might have helped with the 12 men on the field, but I can't see how one extra Cowboy to count to (12) would have made a difference in a group of 20-30 yr olds. That's a Pop Warner mistake.

Really Roy wouldn't have gotten this Cowboys team out of the funk that the Commanders put them in by stepping on the field. One player cannot overcome the collective problems of the (52) others.

That's really too much to put on a single player - even a pro bowl player.

silver

Reaction score
we missed roy big time. and our d-line played very poorly. some of the guys there were getting blown of the ball on running plays. roy coul've helped but i don't think his presence makes this a w.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Very good point...

I'm looking forward to him returning. I know he gives up some big plays, but so did most everyone else today. At least Roy MADE plays as well.

After today, I would like to see him back as a full time starter again.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Everyone's favorite punching bag: Roy Williams.

The run defense clearly suffered without his presence in the secondary. For whatever laments you may harbor about his coverage skills, he's a force against the run.

WG5516

Reaction score
LOL No they did not miss him. You haven't heard anything about Roy since his injury.