Anyone notice the double standard?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Anyway, peace guys. I need to go to sleep.

If anything, we can say there has never been a dull moment to this season. :)

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2483092 said:
Direct quotes? Aside from Bradie James making a harmless comment, the only quotes in the article are from "anonymous sources." In other words, completely fabricated.

Waited for 3 seasons to pounce? :lmao2:

The hamstring (is he faking it?), the Lance Armstrong gear, the pain killer overdose, the interview with Deion, the alleged spitting in DeAngelo Hall's face...that was all in 2006. Yeah, they just WAITED to pounce, all right.

And what little "explosion" Sunday?

Way to dodge the question!

BTW you're right it was a BIG explosion, apparently you weren't watching or you were seeing what you wanted to see.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2483087 said:
If a person is not gay, and you say he's gay, then that's a dis. Being gay is still considered a no-no in the NFL.

Second, please share with me a positive use of the term rat, i.e., "If it smells like a rat ..."? :confused:
He didn't say, "Garcia is gay, but I support him." He chose his words carefully and, anyone using common sense can tell he meant the comment as a pejorative.

I doubt he was "choosing his words carefully" in an interview with Playboy.

His use of the term "rat" was just him repeating his friend's twist on "if it walks like a duck."

Third, regardless what T.O. later said, it wasn't his decision to out someone else. It's not your job to tell other people's personal business. That's their job. And if T.O. doesn't understand this, then his social skills are highly underdeveloped.

You're right that it wasn't his decision; Playboy asked him straight up if he was gay. Should he have answered it? If he were being smart and realized that even an interview with Playboy could blow up in his face, then no. But he did.

So yeah, neither he nor the interviewer were minding their own business.

You know when this all started? It was when T.O. got injured and Donovan McNabb made a statement that the Eagles could win without T.O.

T.O.'s feelings got hurt, and it was down hill from there.

Why was that so wrong for McNabb to say? :confused:

Then T.O. kept talking about McNabb publicly. And McNabb tried to avoid talking about T.O. ,but T.O. wouldn't let it die. That forced McNabb to say, "Just keep my name out of your mouth."

But T.O. wouldn't do that.

I'm sorry. I can't fault McNabb here. And I'm not going to let the fact that I don't like the Eagles to color my opinion of McNabb here or assign fault to him in his relationship with T.O.

T.O. took that issue to the public. He had no right to do that. But that's customary with how he acts.

Actually, per T.O., it started when McNabb told him "shut the **** up" in the huddle, and then when T.O. went over to him after the game was over to try to mend things between them, he ignored him and blew him off.

McNabb then took ultra offense to Owens's "I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl" remark in the off-season...but note the fact that Owens never even mentioned McNabb when he said that. The comment wouldn't have even raised any suspicions at all hand it not been for...

Hank Fraley, John Runyan, and Freddie Mitchell telling the media a few days before that McNabb had gotten tired in the Super Bowl. So as you can see, McNabb seemed to have no problem with them saying it, but when Owens said it, then it was war.

He took his dissatisfaction with Parcells public.

Not until Parcells was gone.

He took his dissatifaction with his role in the offense public.

I fail to see how that's a big deal.

He took his dissastifaction with not getting the ball enough public.

See above

He does everything public under some misguided notion that he's just "keeping it real."

And some of you guys buy it.

Well, guess what? Now this latest controversy is public. And the person who needs to take the blame is T.O.

Why is that? If these anonymous source quotes are to be believed, then it was the anonymous players who are at fault for this stuff leaking to the media and "going public."

And if true, that makes these players complete cowards...to throw him under the bus in the press and not even have the balls to stand behind it with their names attached to them.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2483108 said:
Way to dodge the question!

BTW you're right it was a BIG explosion, apparently you weren't watching or you were seeing what you wanted to see.

I don't know what you're referring to.

I can only surmise you're talking about Owens venting his frustration with receivers coach Ray Sherman on the sidelines.

Gee, yeah, players neeeeever vent frustrations with their coaches or anything. :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea what goes on on the sidelines during football games? This is about as unusual as praying in a church.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2483121 said:
I don't know what you're referring to.

I can only surmise you're talking about Owens venting his frustration with receivers coach Ray Sherman on the sidelines.

Gee, yeah, players neeeeever vent frustrations with their coaches or anything. :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea what goes on on the sidelines during football games? This is about as unusual as praying in a church.

OK dude have it your way, I ain't got no more time to argue with you over this stupid stuff. I'll just say T.O.'s a perfect little angel and the world is out to get him if that's what you want to hear. I guess if you aren't smart enough to see what T.O.'s all about (himself) by his track record and see where it heading then I can't help you, perhaps you have the same disease T.O. has.;)

Hope you and T.O. enjoy tea together, and don't forget to give him his pacy when the tea's all gone!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2483143 said:
OK dude have it your way, I ain't got no more time to argue with you over this stupid stuff. I'll just say T.O.'s a perfect little angel and the world is out to get him if that's what you want to hear. I guess if you aren't smart enough to see what T.O.'s all about (himself) by his track record and see where it heading then I can't help you, perhaps you have the same disease T.O. has.;)

Hope you and T.O. enjoy tea together, and don't forget to give him his pacy when the tea's all gone!

Hehehe...the TO-lovers and TO-haters going after each other all day today...:banghead:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482807 said:
Well that question was avoided big time.:lmao2:

He never addresses anything you call him out for, lol.

He just keeps rambling on about how great T.O. is.

I am hoping his mom takes away his computer soon.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wood;2482762 said:
ie...see Philly and San Fran history with TO. This guy does not have even little bit of good karma going for him. As someone rightfully pointed out...his past is catching up with him. The lesson here is...dont be a jerk in your own life...it comes back on you.

Yeah... please disregard that ALOT of players on San Fran and Philly liked having him as a team mate.