Anyone remember Miles Austin?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cartoon-grandfather-illustration-id163839431

WHAT? WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY?

DO I REMEMBER HOW MANY MILES IT IS TO AUSTIN?

You think it's so long ago I can't remember?
Hell, I remember driving to Austin before you were born.
First time was during the Hoover administration. Of course they didn't have those fancy Interstate Highways back then

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
In 2006 he had that Kick return for a TD in the infamous Romo bobbled snap game before he was a starter. I think his first start was at KC due to an injury and I KNEW this kid had crazy potential. He scored twice in that game including a walk off TD in OT. I believe this was the 2009 season. He and Romo had great chemistry.

JayFord

Reaction score
the teams he played on had a thing for injuries

idk what it was about the cowboys from like 09-15 but it seemed every year theyd have atleast 7 starters go down and they went down early

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Never saw this on him...he was one of my favorite players to watch from that era. The little tidbit I didn't know was Todd Haley was the one who was pushing him as a receivers coach....I don't even remember Todd Haley being the Chiefs head coach when Miles went off for 250. Sucked the hammy's got him. Stripped him from having a much better and longer career.

The guy out of nowhere and then went nowhere after hammy’s , I remember that one great Plank TD .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'll forever remember Miles Austin as the King of the Pulled Hammy,

Never saw anyone who had as many hammy repercussions as he did.

He was a pretty capable competitor when healthy, however!

nobody

Reaction score
Never saw this on him...he was one of my favorite players to watch from that era. The little tidbit I didn't know was Todd Haley was the one who was pushing him as a receivers coach....I don't even remember Todd Haley being the Chiefs head coach when Miles went off for 250. Sucked the hammy's got him. Stripped him from having a much better and longer career.

If I remember correctly, a lot of the Cowboys players in that time period had hamstring issues to the point they brought in a new head trainer? But yeah, his hammy definitely ruined a promising career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, a lot of the Cowboys players in that time period had hamstring issues to the point they brought in a new head trainer? But yeah, his hammy definitely ruined a promising career.
I know Newman for sure had them.