Anyone remember Miles Austin?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ooh a pic... you really showed me. Lol kid..You are making it obvious you dont know football.

But of course catching ball in perfect stride and vector makes it easier to break tackles and get yac. Anytime a player can keep momentum is a huge advantage.

You accuse romo lovers of hating dak.

Meanwhile YOUR dak love makes you hate romo.

You should try a little bit not to be so obvious about it.. Makes you look like a hypocrit.
I said nothing about Romo. I was appreciating Miles Austin ability to break tackles and you’re giving Romo credit for his ability to do so lol…not the fact he had tree trunk for legs…

For the record I don’t care if you hate Dak or not lol.

Havic

Reaction score
I saw at the Miles Austin break out game in Kansas City. He actually caught that last TD right in front of. We were in the 23rd row and had perfect view of the entire play. It was stadium takeover that day and the Cowboy fans were so loud it was awesome. All the Chiefs fans were so mad and stormed out.
Was there also, Dallas fans showed up for that one.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If the hammy didn't get him, I think he would've had a better career than Dez. Very good at routes and fast to boot.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I saw at the Miles Austin break out game in Kansas City. He actually caught that last TD right in front of. We were in the 23rd row and had perfect view of the entire play. It was stadium takeover that day and the Cowboy fans were so loud it was awesome. All the Chiefs fans were so mad and stormed out.
I was there too.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Never saw this on him...he was one of my favorite players to watch from that era. The little tidbit I didn't know was Todd Haley was the one who was pushing him as a receivers coach....I don't even remember Todd Haley being the Chiefs head coach when Miles went off for 250. Sucked the hammy's got him. Stripped him from having a much better and longer career.

Thanks for posting this, good memories

Asklesko

Reaction score
Yes, I remember.

tumblr_ks4yypFulp1qzvtvio1_500.jpg

Mannix

Reaction score
Two (2) blown tackles in that KC allowed him to get a HUGE contract...unfortunately, he stayed here about three (3) years too long offering little to nothing on the field...Gallup is currently on the same collision course.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Never saw this on him...he was one of my favorite players to watch from that era. The little tidbit I didn't know was Todd Haley was the one who was pushing him as a receivers coach....I don't even remember Todd Haley being the Chiefs head coach when Miles went off for 250. Sucked the hammy's got him. Stripped him from having a much better and longer career.

“The Plank” is unforgettable

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Huge Miles Austin guy here. Loved his entire tenure here. Another instance of this franchise hitting a home run on an undrafted guy.

I remember being 18 years old and being like "where the hell is Monmouth University" and Googled it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo was a master at hitting layers in stride and Austin was a guy who could really make the most of that.
Could catch the ball and not even break stride.
Good player.

Undrafted combo. Pretty amazing
Romo hitting players in stride...

Uhhh, it was an easy pitch and catch. Miles Austin did all the work breaking loose and taking it to the house. loool

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I'll never forget that game he had against the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009'; 10 catches / 250 yards., Including a 59-yard TD and a game winning 60-yard TD. ** The entire team ran to the endzone happy as hell to celebrate the O.T. win, but more importantly to congratulate Miles Austin on his historic performance.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
LOL

Does anybody remember Miles Austin?

Anyone?
I would hope that most cowboys fans who actually watched games in the Romo era, would certainly remember a name like MILES AUSTIN.. One thing is for sure, TONY ROMO will never forget him. Miles' 250-yards recieving is STILL the most in a single game in the history of the franchise. **Who's laughing now lol ** :muttley:

StarChamber_33

Reaction score

I still have his blue Throwback #19 jersey hanging in my closet. **You're right, we can only imagine what his career could have been if it weren't for the injuries.**