Anyone remember Miles Austin?

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I saw at the Miles Austin break out game in Kansas City. He actually caught that last TD right in front of. We were in the 23rd row and had perfect view of the entire play. It was stadium takeover that day and the Cowboy fans were so loud it was awesome. All the Chiefs fans were so mad and stormed out.
It must have been amazing to be there in person for that game.. I could feel the excitement coming through my television when Miles scored the winning TD {60-yards}; The entire team ran onto the field and into the endzone to celebrate.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said nothing about Romo. I was appreciating Miles Austin ability to break tackles and you’re giving Romo credit for his ability to do so lol…not the fact he had tree trunk for legs…

For the record I don’t care if you hate Dak or not lol.
I'm giving credit to Romo for precise throws that allow receivers to keep their momentum to make it easier to get YAC and break tackles, yes, that is correct. Some ball carriers are better at it than others that is also correct.

I LOVE how you dropped off "YAC" that you mentioned earlier just so you could double down on the Romo hate. Because it occurred to you YAC does have a lot to do with the QB.

And ....for the record....I don't care if you care if I hate Dak or not..."lol".

starfan1

Reaction score
It must have been amazing to be there in person for that game.. I could feel the excitement coming through my television when Miles scored the winning TD {60-yards}; The entire team ran onto the field and into the endzone to celebrate.
Was a great performance I was cold as heck up in the cheap seats

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Miles was another guy who Romo got paid. Big strong athlete who Romo made look like a star.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm giving credit to Romo for precise throws that allow receivers to keep their momentum to make it easier to get YAC and break tackles, yes, that is correct. Some ball carriers are better at it than others that is also correct.

I LOVE how you dropped off "YAC" that you mentioned earlier just so you could double down on the Romo hate. Because it occurred to you YAC does have a lot to do with the QB.

And ....for the record....I don't care if you care if I hate Dak or not..."lol".
So you were patrolling for Romo hate even though I said nothing about Romo lol? Ok. I stand on what I said Miles was a beast if you want to credit Romo for it go ahead. Wonder why Roy Williams a top 10 pick couldn’t do anything with the great Romo? Hmm..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would hope that most cowboys fans who actually watched games in the Romo era, would certainly remember a name like MILES AUSTIN.. One thing is for sure, TONY ROMO will never forget him. Miles' 250-yards recieving is STILL the most in a single game in the history of the franchise. **Who's laughing now lol ** :muttley:

You remember Miles Austin?

You must be a historian.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I will always remember him for losing the ball in the lights on a 3rd down pass that would have been a TD, that would have been the last nail on the Giants season. But the pass fell incomplete and NY went on to win the SB.

Two key plays to NY winning their two SBs were that play and Crayton stopping on his route in 2007.

Dallas completes a mere TWO plays and NY and Manning never win a title. Amazing.
Yep, that is my biggest memory of Austin. And that play summed up that whole era. Dropped the ball when it mattered most.

And yes, Dallas was directly involved in allowing the Giants and Eli to get 2 rings. They beat us at home in 2007 divisional round. They also beat us at home in 2011 the first time, erasing an 11pt lead extremely quick. We win that game, that ends their season right there. We get another chance a few weeks later to knock them out again but didn't. They took advantage and went all the way twice. With a QB that isn't even that good but played way above his head in the playoffs and made some huge plays when it mattered. Something we can never do when we get to that stage.