Anyone Remember where and when Jerry said NO S in the first round?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I see a lot of talk over here about Jerry saying no S in the 1st, or 2nd, and maybe even day 1? Anyone who remembers where, when, or what he said, I would greatly appreciate any info. Thanks.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
I see a lot of talk over here about Jerry saying no S in the 1st, or 2nd, and maybe even day 1? Anyone who remembers where, when, or what he said, I would greatly appreciate any info. Thanks.

If he said that than perhaps he's eyeing a certain veteran free agent to fill our safety needs??:cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Interviews while he was at either the Combines or the owner's meetings over the CBA. I forget which.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:

It was weird when he said it because he stated our need for an upgrade at safety, then said something like it wouldn't warrant a first day pick. It really was contradictory because he really was talking about the need for a safety.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
If he said that than perhaps he's eyeing a certain veteran free agent to fill our safety needs??:cool:

if you're thinking what I think you're thinking...

GOD NO, don't bring up this huge Ty Law thread thing again. You don't have to become another Nors...

Anguillidae

Reaction score
I got this from a Spagnola article:

So at this point, knowing safety was a problem position last year, Jones said, "No, I don't think we feel OK there. But we just weren't able to put a player in position to warrant a commitment."

In other words, Jones thought the going rate for safeties this year in free agency was a tad rich for his salary-cap blood.

"We may be able to get a little better from within," said Jones, knowing the club will get another look at last year's sixth-round pick Justin Beriault, who missed the entire season following knee surgery. "But I don't think there is enough there to dictate a draft pick with the top two."

Smoke screen..? ;)

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
if you're thinking what I think you're thinking...

GOD NO, don't bring up this huge Ty Law thread thing again. You don't have to become another Nors...

I don't just have a one track Law to FS mind......it could be another veteran like Marcus Coleman, Charles Woodson, etc.

If JJ isn't interested in taking a S on day one, than he must be scheming something....

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I don't just have a one track Law to FS mind......it could be another veteran like Marcus Coleman, Charles Woodson, etc.

If JJ isn't interested in taking a S on day one, than he must be scheming something....

OK, lol, just making sure. It just seemed like you were hinting at Law. No offense meant.:star:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
"But I don't think there is enough there to dictate a draft pick with the top 2"

To me it seems like he was saying we aren't strong at safety, then he is talking about Beriault, then he says that quote. Is he referring to our safeties, our needs at safety, or the choices in the draft at safety?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

I see Green Bay thinks they can get Woodson signed per KFFL.

Hiero

Reaction score
and he also said they are still looking to sign a veteran FS. Highly doubt we take a safety in the first, I would like to get Pat Watkins in the 3rd.