Anyone see Jethro on Bob Costas

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bob Costas is always pulling something....and it's never about the truth.
The truth as you see it . It’s amazing how society can’t agree on what the truth is anymore . But that’s because we have a news or I should say entertainment service which presents propaganda to spin their narrative .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Costas is a tabloid sports reporter interviewing a celebrity carnival barker.

LMAO, think the Joneses didn't get pre-approval of all the questions, and particularly any follow up questions, after the last time Costas tricked the old fool into admitting he was doing a bad job and should have been fired? I do believe that was a follow up question he asked Booger because Costas was as surprised as we were at the answer. He wasn't expecting Booger to say yes.

Probably in exchange for Booger's agreeing to answer the questions and not play that game he did with Dale Hansen on that WFAA-TV interview, still one of the funniest interviews I ever heard because Booger had his own agenda and answering all of Hansen's questions in a direct manner was not the plan. Booger's plan was to say some things and he'd just fit them in anywhere.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
If you lived in the south you might realize that Cowboys could be parallel with roughnecks or red necks which could be considered in some circles as opposing the segment which is rising up against social injustices .

Not all Cowboys of course but I could see how they could be labeled as such. Both of my grandfathers were Cowboys , cattleman and grew up and lived on the ranch and farm . Neither Id consider calling into that segment . It’s just who they were wearing Cowboy hats.

There aren’t as many real Cowboys anymore . Most of them are just country boys and city rednecks . And some of them we might associate with this despised segment in our country .

My granddads told me early on you can recognize a real Cowboy. They always take their Cowboy hat off indoors just like Bum Phillips did with the Oilers. He was a real Cowboy.

I could be wrong but I thought I saw something on the History Channel about the original Cowboys actually being cattle rustlers who used to cross into Mexico steal cattle, alter their brands and sell them back in the US. They were usually wanted by the law. I think later the term was used to describe anyone who worked with cattle. Clearly, the term Cowboys for a mascot is the latter and refers to tough men who worked hard to herd and drove cattle to market.

The term Cowboys and Indians is a misnomer. The men who fought the native American tribes in the midwest and southwest were usually soldiers, not Cowboys, who were too busy doing their jobs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Costas is a tabloid sports reporter interviewing a celebrity carnival barker.

LMAO, think the Joneses didn't get pre-approval of all the questions, and particularly any follow up questions, after the last time Costas tricked the old fool into admitting he was doing a bad job and should have been fired? I do believe that was a follow up question he asked Booger because Costas was as surprised as we were at the answer. He wasn't expecting Booger to say yes.

Probably in exchange for Booger's agreeing to answer the questions and not play that game he did with Dale Hansen on that WFAA-TV interview, still one of the funniest interviews I ever heard because Booger had his own agenda and answering all of Hansen's questions is a direct manner was not the plan. Booger's plan was to say some things and he'd just fit them in anywhere.
Probably so. Jethro appeared fairly comfortable with all of the questions and prepared to answer not stumbling and bumbling as he often does when grilled. And why I gave him such a high grade.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I thought I saw something on the History Channel about the original Cowboys actually being cattle rustlers who used to cross into Mexico steal cattle, alter their brands and sell them back in the US. They were usually wanted by the law. I think later the term was used to describe anyone who worked with cattle. Clearly, the term Cowboys for a mascot is the latter and refers to tough men who worked hard to herd and drove cattle to market.

The term Cowboys and Indians is a misnomer. The men who fought the native American tribes in the midwest and southwest were usually soldiers, not Cowboys, who were too busy doing their jobs.
True and why I said old Cowboys like my grandfathers wouldn’t fit the current mantra. The only thing is most of the soldiers who were from the West were probably at least former Cowboys who joined the army. Not many city dwellers back in those days from South or West. But generally I’d agree. Thanks

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They officially were the Dallas Rangers their first 2 months of existence.

Thankfully there was already a baseball team (minor league at the time) using it, so the change was made.

Some might argue the current Rangers are still a minor league club.
I did not know that. Great information. And I’ve been a fan of this league franchise since the 60s

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definitely should’ve changed Washington

I still want to believe the association with surnames for sports was well intended to commemorate their history not as derogatory.

I think the league got caught flat footed on this issue with all of the social injustices issues facing our country. I’d of recommended a better public perception and message into why the names were originally chosen .

And the league and franchises could have extended some meaningful contributions monetarily and symbolical to our country’s history with Native Americans like Jim Thorpe who were an influence in the sports early years.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
Why would they consider changing the name from Cowboys? Is that a derogatory word? Only to people in NY, PHL and D.C.

I just posted this somewhere else but our local high school had to change their mascot from Cowboys to Bronco because some people were offended by the term Cowboys. There was a big debate in town which included historians who tried to inform the public about who Cowboys really were but the people who were offended were too offended to listen to the facts so the school board voted to change the name.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team was first known as the Dallas Steers, then the Dallas Rangers. On March 19, 1960, the organization announced that the team name was the Cowboys to avoid confusion with the American Association Dallas Rangers baseball team.
When I was a kid I used to have the Green Bay uniform helmet and all. Big Bart Starr fan . And then I went in the military. Roger Staubach. How could I not love the star and what it represents it after that

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about Washington changing their name, and if they should have, it’s completely irrational to believe on any level that there’s any support on the smallest level to even suggest Dallas changes their name. If anything, they may one day drop Dallas but that’s doubtful due to how iconic it is
True if anything the LA Cowboys lol