Anyone see Jethro on Bob Costas

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still want to believe the association with surnames for sports was well intended to commemorate their history not as derogatory.

I think the league got caught flat footed on this issue with all of the social injustices issues facing our country. I’d of recommended a better public perception and message into why the names were originally chosen .

And the league and franchises could have extended some meaningful contributions monetarily and symbolical to our country’s history with Native Americans like Jim Thorpe who were an influence in the sports early years.
Change is inevitable. If I’ve learned anything it’s that. The motive. Lol right wrong or indifferent I try not to get involved. I like staying neutral live and let live. If that doesn’t always work either. Lol

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still want to believe the association with surnames for sports was well intended to commemorate their history not as derogatory.

I think the league got caught flat footed on this issue with all of the social injustices issues facing our country. I’d of recommended a better public perception and message into why the names were originally chosen .

And the league and franchises could have extended some meaningful contributions monetarily and symbolical to our country’s history with Native Americans like Jim Thorpe who were an influence in the sports early years.
There were some very positive reasons why they chose Commanders. And then someone stuck their face in their . Made it more about the culture of the owner.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Braves did it right, they connected with their NA community and got the name signed off.

I hate to lose the Indians name and logo too, but that's more because I loved the movies in my childhood.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Serious question, why would Dallas be pressured to change their name? What the hell is offensive about a Cowboy?
Of course, you are oblivious to how offensive Cowboys are when you have Rowdy as your avatar. :p

ryanbabs

Reaction score
They discussed some very hot topics.

The current Rams law suit with Kronke , the Daniel Snyder emails in Washington , gambling and Goodell along with some personal questions about his involvement with the Cowboys now, past and in the future.

One question they ended the interview with was did he think Dallas would ever be forced by public pressure to change our name from the Cowboys. He of course said we shouldn’t bet on it.

But overall Jethro held up fairly well and Costas didn’t corner or grill him as much as he could have.
If the Cowboys ever change their name, the NFL can officially fold up its tent.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Serious question, why would Dallas be pressured to change their name? What the hell is offensive about a Cowboy?
PassionateFirmDuck-size_restricted.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Bob Costas is in the same unwatchable category as Colin Cowherd and Stephen A Smith.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The question about changing the Cowboys name is stupid and is only to stir up drama. No one is calling for the Cowboys name to be changed, because it isn’t about race, and has never offended anyone.

plasticman

Reaction score
I heard the big cats are petitioning the NFL for the Bengals, Lions, Panthers, Jaguars for those teams to change their name.
Then the birds got involved. So Ravens, Cardinals, Seahawks, Eagles, Falcons want those names changed.
Then other animals also, Rams, Bears, Colts, Broncos don't like it either.
Dolphins, oh them too. Big men, they are mad about the giants name.

So every team will be called....(insert city) Football Team. Now see what them pesky ex-skins started.
I had decided to call them the Washington Unnamed, but I changed my mind. Ex-skins it is!

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about Washington changing their name, and if they should have, it’s completely irrational to believe on any level that there’s any support on the smallest level to even suggest Dallas changes their name. If anything, they may one day drop Dallas but that’s doubtful due to how iconic it is
You obviously haven’t been paying a lot of attention.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Just the fact that Costas mentioned it means there is some talk of it in some circles.