Anyone still think Reggie McNeal can't play QB in the NFL?

Reaction score
PLEASE.... Write this post down, bookmark it, subscribe to it, whatever. But come Sunday the 3rd weekend in April, around 6:00 central, Reggie McNeal will be sitting on his couch an UDFA, wondering what happened.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
PLEASE.... Write this post down, bookmark it, subscribe to it, whatever. But come Sunday the 3rd weekend in April, around 6:00 central, Reggie McNeal will be sitting on his couch an UDFA, wondering what happened.

:rolleyes:

lzppjb

Reaction score
aggy on this thread rolling eyes and calling Texas fans stupid is hilarious. They don't seem to own a mirror. Poor aggy.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Someone on page 1 or 2 of this thread said something about McNeal being a defensive back. That won't happen. He is not physical enough to be a DB. He will get drafted and that will probably be at best in the 3rd round, but I am guessing the 5th is the most realistic round.

McNeal does have skills, but needs work as well. Which prospect doesn't? He may need more than most, but is worth a shot in the late rounds.

How do you define athlete? People claim Vick to be the best current athlete at the QB position and most of that is based on his speed. I think Culpepper is the best because of his size. He isn't slow and can get his big body moving pretty well. What is the Olympic motto? Faster, stronger, higher? Culpepper fits that mold more than Vick in my opinion. Vince Young fits it better than McNeal and there are several more QB prospects that have similar physical skills to both these guys. That doesn't mean Young is a better prospect. I just don't think Youngs 4.5 speed is something to sneeze at combined with his size and strength. That is a rather good combination.

Of course with any of the prospects, it will come down to how they learn to read defenses and their accuracy. They all have strong arms. Kyle Boller threw it 50 yards while on his knees. I remember Micky Spagnola writing an article in 2001 about Quincy Carter standing flat footed at the goal line and slinging it 60 yards down field. It isn't just about having a strong arm, it is what you do about it.

Between just Vince Young and Reggie McNeal as QB prospects, I would pick Young. Since both can be busts, McNeal becomes the better value. Young will cost a top 10 pick and wads of cash. McNeal will cost relatively nothing. Dallas won't be in position to get Young, but they could get McNeal later in the draft. It would not be a bad thing. I just hope the Cowboys fill are their other needs before they even consider McNeal.

royhitshard

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Didnt think so....

Will easily win the MVP of the Shrine game, he is 9-11 for over 200 yards and 2 TDs, 4 rushes for 40 yards, and led a TD drive on all 4 drives he was apart of. All this against some of the best competition in college football.
To answer your question...yes.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
"Anyone still think Reggie McNeal can't play QB in the NFL?"

-HeavyHitta31 1/21/06

Come again?

Not only can he not play QB, he can't play anywhere in the NFL.

HeavyHitta31, wrong again? Surprise, surprise.

jimmy40

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
reggie mcneal has a much better chance of being a successful nfl qb than vince young does.
I should have read through this thread a long time ago. I can't believe all the laughter I've been missing.

calico

Reaction score
:lmao2:

this is a riot.

No worries. The ags will find some other type of moral victory to feed off of for the next 5 years.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Anyone still think Reggie McNeal can't play QB in the NFL?

Didnt think so....

Will easily win the MVP of the Shrine game, he is 9-11 for over 200 yards and 2 TDs, 4 rushes for 40 yards, and led a TD drive on all 4 drives he was apart of. All this against some of the best competition in college football.

:laugh2:

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The guy did far more in college than half the starting QBs in the NFL right now. What an ignorant statement. :rolleyes:

Talk about an ignorant statement.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
More athletic than Romo?

McNeal is more athletic than any QB in the NFL today. Whoever drafts him, he will be the best athlete on that team from day 1.

:lmao:

That's like saying Skyler Green is the most athletic QB on our squad. They have a few things in common, neither one can play QB in the NFL and they're both on practice squads.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Very nice, persuasive argument.

People make posts like this when they know they have no dog in a fight and just want to be an @**

No dog in a fight. Mid 6th round pick, released and signed to the practice squad as a QB/WR. Luckily they expanded the practice squad or this dude would be holding a clipboard up in Canada.

So to answer your question "Anyone still think Reggie McNeal can't play QB in the NFL?", Yes. Me, all the guys who argued against you in this thread and the Dallas Cowboys, the Buffalo Bills, the Cleveland Browns, the Detroit Lions, the New England Patriots, the Miami Dolphins, the San Francisco 49ers, the Seattle Seahawks, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the NY Jets, the NY Giants, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Carolina Panthers, the Tampa Bay Bucs, the Jacksonville Jags, the Houston Texans, the Arizona Cardinals, the Chicago Bears, the St. Louis Rams, the Denver Broncos, the Oakland Raiders, the San Diego Chargers, the Washington Commanders, the Baltimore Ravens, the Tennessee Titans, the Kansas City Chiefs, the New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, the Atlanta Falcons, the Indianapolis Colts, the Minnesota Vikings and even the team that drafted him, the Cincinnati Bengals.

:laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Each of these teams had a chance to pick him up after the Bengals "cut" him and nobody wanted him. He's not an NFL QB and you were wrong. Time to admit it and move on HH31. It seems that you've admitted it to yourself since you didn't post in this thread for 7 months after you figured out he wouldn't be drafted as high as you thought and then wasn't. So that great game against the "best competition" in that lame Shrine Game actually meant nothing. :laugh1:

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;708807 said:
Didnt think so....

Not good company for Reggie McNeal

Former A&M quarterback Reggie McNeal was a passenger in the SUV of Cincinnati middle linebacker Odell Thurman when he was arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of drunken driving.

Also in the vehicle was troubled wide receiver Chris Henry.

Odell, whose blood-alcohol level (0.18 percent) allegedly registered more than twice the legal limit of 0.08, became the sixth Bengals players to be arrested this year.

McNeal and Henry were arrested and none of the reports indicate whether the two passengers had been drinking, as well. But this could still be damaging for McNeal from the standpoint he is a converted receiver trying to hang on with the Bengals.

McNeal was cut by the Bengals in training camp, then signed to the practice squad and it was only last week he was signed from the practice squard to the 53-man roster.