Anyone still think Reggie McNeal can't play QB in the NFL?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Reggie is generally regard as the 7th to 10th best QB prospect from this draft class. The showing yesterday does nothing but help him. I have my doubts as to his pro success but at the same time I think he is the kind of prospect we should be drafting and trying to develop. Send him to NFLE 1 time after spending a 2nd day pick on him. In 3 years he could be real special.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Shawn9 said:
Ok does that mean he is going to be the MVP of the NFL one year or will he led his team to the SB. Oh wait Akali Smith had potential...were is he now.....
Why couldn't he be one day?! It's not like VY has no track record of winning at the highest level of competition thus far in his career. Did Akili ever lead his team to the National Championship game let alone win it?! VY has continued to improve year-after-year. He hasn't regressed and he doesn't run hot-and-cold. He continues to get better and better. What else would you want from a potential franchise-type QB?

Shawn9

Reaction score
5mics said:
Why couldn't he be one day?! It's not like VY has no track record of winning at the highest level of competition thus far in his career. Did Akili ever lead his team to the National Championship game let alone win it?! VY has continued to improve year-after-year. He hasn't regressed and he doesn't run hot-and-cold. He continues to get better and better. What else would you want from a potential franchise-type QB?
Texas A & M quarterback Reggie McNeal has a big fan in Ourlads scout Don Shonka, who tell an Austin, Texas paper he thinks McNeal's a much better prospect than Texas junior Vince Young:

^ Oh Yea even though it doesnt mean much

LINK

His running will be halted when he gets to the NFL one of those runs he did in college and he will get layed out by a defensive player

Shawn9

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Stupid thread. The receivers were making him look good catching balls thrown quite wildly...
Yea sure were alot of wild passes.LOL
Thats why he impressed tons of NFL scouts during practice and at the game

parchy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Damn, 15 pages :laugh2:

Anyway, this went exactly the way I figured it would, Texas fans saying McNeal is complete garbage and will never amount to anything, while everyone else knows that he has amazing talent and could do something at the next level.

For the record, I hate UT

VThokie7

Reaction score
Shawn9 said:
Doing good in college doesnt give you a automaticly good NFL career

Nobody has made that claim. From the sounds of the Vince Young fans all they are saying is he has the potential to be a franchise QB. If he didn't have that potential he wouldn't have his draft stock so high. Any player could bust in the trnasition from the NFL to college. Until Young or McNeal step foot onto an NFL field and prove themselves this is a senseless argument. The fact your trying to say that McNeal has more potential than Young is insane though. There is a reason scouts love Vince and he is the consensus #2 QB in this draft and that Reggie has been pegged the 7th-10th best QB. There is also a reason the NFL scouts invited Reggie to be a WR at the senior bowl and not a QB. So tell me, are you honestly arguiing McNeal has more potential?

Shawn9

Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
Nobody has made that claim. From the sounds of the Vince Young fans all they are saying is he has the potential to be a franchise QB. If he didn't have that potential he wouldn't have his draft stock so high. Any player could bust in the trnasition from the NFL to college. Until Young or McNeal step foot onto an NFL field and prove themselves this is a senseless argument. The fact your trying to say that McNeal has more potential than Young is insane though. There is a reason scouts love Vince and he is the consensus #2 QB in this draft and that Reggie has been pegged the 7th-10th best QB. There is also a reason the NFL scouts invited Reggie to be a WR at the senior bowl and not a QB. So tell me, are you honestly arguiing McNeal has more potential?
When did i say that

VThokie7

Reaction score
Shawn9 said:
When did i say that

Well if thats not what your trying to say in your posts about Vince Young, what exactly is your point then?

Shawn9

Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
Well if thats not what your trying to say in your posts about Vince Young, what exactly is your point then?
Im really not going to go back and explain it all. Re-read and use your brain.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Shawn9 said:
Im really not going to go back and explain it all. Re-read and use your brain.

Basically your main point seems to be Vince Young is no good. You keep saying just because he has potential doesn't mean he'll be good. Thats very true, until he proves himself on the NFL gridiron thats all it ever will be... potential. But I don't see anybody saying hes going to be an MVP. It seems the Texas fans just mention the fact hes had a successful collegiate career, won a national championship and has gotten better all 3 years at Texas. Everything they have said is true. I haven't seen any of the UT fans say Vince Young is going to light the league on fire, they have pretty much said he has potential to be a franchise QB. What is your problem with that?

Shawn9

Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
Basically your main point seems to be Vince Young is no good. You keep saying just because he has potential doesn't mean he'll be good. Thats very true, until he proves himself on the NFL gridiron thats all it ever will be... potential. But I don't see anybody saying hes going to be an MVP. It seems the Texas fans just mention the fact hes had a successful collegiate career, won a national championship and has gotten better all 3 years at Texas. Everything they have said is true. I haven't seen any of the UT fans say Vince Young is going to light the league on fire, they have pretty much said he has potential to be a franchise QB. What is your problem with that?
I stated in here i thought VY was going to have a good NFL career

No they have alot have alotttttttttttttttt

i have no problem with that

ghst187

Reaction score
Anyone that has watched Reggie McNeal in the majority of his games during his college career will realize that he is not an NFL QB. He has about one good game to 3-4 bad ones. He was horrible almost all season this past year. He had a good Shrine game, that was it. Even worse than this, the Big 12 had some really bad pass defenses.
McNeal doesn't deserve all the threads he gets on this board. He's a non-factor and I'm finished talking about him.

Shawn9

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Anyone that has watched Reggie McNeal in the majority of his games during his college career will realize that he is not an NFL QB. He has about one good game to 3-4 bad ones. He was horrible almost all season this past year. He had a good Shrine game, that was it. Even worse than this, the Big 12 had some really bad pass defenses.
Im not even going to re stat all that we have...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
McNeal doesn't deserve all the threads he gets on this board. He's a non-factor and I'm finished talking about him.

Yup, you don't care at all... :rolleyes:

Jesus H. Christ, this is pathetic

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Speaking of stats

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
---------------------------------------------------------------
McNeal, Reggie 10 128.56 141-265-9 53.2 1963 16 80 196.3

this does NOT impress me. Not one bit.