Anyone still want Urban as HC?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nope, wanted Lincoln Riley though

(Still do)
ONCE AGAIN,

LR was never a true candidate the dude plays OK for pay bumps. Show me a real in person serious interview anywhere in the nfl from Riley??

why is he not in the nfl anywhere 8 teams get new HCs every year why no Riley yet??

hes never been truly interested in the nfl or hed be here..

can we stop throwing his name around like this was serious option.it was NEVER and option..

and once again ill say this if LR cant even win a National championship against the SEC who are the barometer of college football , he somehow would be successful here? show me proof?

Reaction score
I liked Lincoln Riley or Matt Rhule. But would have been ok with Meyer

It's still very early in the year, but Moore may very well become McCarthy's successor in due course. You can be sure Dak will try to keep him around if at all possible.

Too early for these scenarios though

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never wanted Urban Meyer
He has always quit on his teams, whether by taking a different job, ethics problems or health.
He is learning now that his ability to recruit is not helping him in the nfl and he is learning he is now dealing with savy vets and not kids who can be easily manipulated.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Urban Myers but do not thing he will stay in coaching very long. I have felt that way for since he left Ohio State. I would be surprised if he remains with Jacksonville beyond next season.

Western

Reaction score
Urban's ego, & big money contract from the owner Khan--Meyer could not resist.
So far, he sucks--and, I was a proponent for his transition to the NFL.
This ain't college ball--commitment to a winning program in the NFL requires constant vigilance, & detailed preparation by the head coach for the players, and assistant coaches.

It is what made Jimmy so exceptional when he transitioned to the NFL from U. of Miami in 1989 -- he accepted his his head coach job/GM role seriously, took no bull s***.., and was fully engaged in orchestrating a championship caliber organization in Dallas.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I liked Lincoln Riley or Matt Rhule. But would have been ok with Meyer

It's still very early in the year, but Moore may very well become McCarthy's successor in due course. You can be sure Dak will try to keep him around if at all possible.

Too early for these scenarios though
ONCE AGAIN,

LR was never a true candidate the dude plays OK for pay bumps. Show me a real in person serious interview anywhere in the nfl from Riley??

why is he not in the nfl anywhere 8 teams get new HCs every year why no Riley yet??

can we stop throwing his name around like this was serious option.it was NEVER and option..

and once again ill say this if LR cant even win a National championship against the SEC who are the barometer of college football , he somehow would be successful here? show me proof?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No -- changes to the coaching staff aren't warranted when success is within our grasp. You don't fix things when they work well.

Reaction score
ONCE AGAIN,

I never said he was a candidate. All I said is that's who I wanted.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Coaching is really overrated IMO in all professional sports in the sense that most, if not all, professional coaches know what they are doing and know the ins and outs of strategy pertaining to their particular game far better than laypeople and are perfectly capable of winning consistently.

It’s amazing how often the “good coaches” have the “best players”.

Or maybe that’s not so amazing. It’s expected.

I’m not saying there isn’t a degree of separation between say Phil Jackson and Billy Donovan, but it isn’t monumental. The NFL is no different. No league is really..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lottsa people wanted him here.....how about now? Asking for a friend.
Not sure if MM is behind this or not. But I will sure give him his credit due because if it was going the other way he would be getting his share of the blame.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don’t think Meyer makes it through this scandal. I think he and the Jags will part ways very soon. The Jags realize Meyer is not a good head coach at the NFL level. Meyer gave them the opportunity to get out of the contract.

Jags also need an excuse to blame the losses on to keep the fans in the seats. Fans will get upset sitting in the stands watching a horrible team with a morally bankrupt coach leading the way. Losing is one thing but losing with a head coach who is getting lap dances from young girls after a loss stings like salt in the wound.

pentatwirl

Reaction score
Urban meyer is morally bankrupt and a playboy. It’s good we passed on him. Fat Mike isn’t getting lap dances unless he’s paying for them in a respectable establishment.

Depends on what your definition of is is.

LegalAromaticEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
ONCE AGAIN,

Calm down, I said I wanted him here, not that I thought he’d be a probable candidate.

and never say never, Saban did the same thing with Miami

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure he can. He wanted it to be an option.
yet it wasnt

pipe dream i wish Jimmy Johnson was our hc ,Landry comes back smh please when talking HCs only real option should be discussed we didn't amiss out of coaches who aren't options..

too bad BillB didn't leave NE and come here..

the games not a wish list its out of all the true options who could we have had i mean Rhule maybe but reall big mikes done nothing more or nothing less then Rhule has look at last year same issues this year same record..

frag that :huh::facepalm::rolleyes:

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
yet it wasnt

pipe dream i wish Jimmy Johnson was our hc ,Landry comes back smh please when talking HCs only real option should be discussed we didn't amiss out of coaches who aren't options..

too bad BillB didn't leave NE and come here..

the games not a wish list its out of all the true options who could we have had i mean Rhule maybe but reall big mikes done nothing more or nothing less then Rhule has look at last year same issues this year same record..

frag that :huh::facepalm::rolleyes:
Yet he STILL could have wanted Urban Meyer as the HC.

Wants and desires aren’t necessarily contingent on objective reality or the most probable paths to any dilemma. That doesn’t logically follow.

817Gill

Reaction score
Do you think McCarthy or anyone for that matter would be winning with the Jags?
It’s not the wins it’s more how many questionable decisions he’s made in totality.

In order chronologically:

1. Almost hired Scott Linehan as his OC even after Linehan was basically out of the game. Hired two bland and boring retread guys instead which isn’t much better, speaks to his lack of NFL relationships.

2. Iowa strength coach with a controversial past that he was forced to reverse his decision on. Can’t hire a guy who just got fired for what he was let go for.

3. Bringing Tim Tebow in. Variety of issues involved in that like blatant nepotism and privilege that doesn’t play well in the locker room. Not to mention the media distraction.

4. Publicly lamenting the fact that he didn’t get to draft Kadarius Toney and insinuating Etienne was his consolation. Proceeded to use Etienne primarily at WR for minicamp and basically run the same sweep plays he envisioned for Toney.

5. Sending his team back home after a loss while staying in Ohio to party. Literally the exact thing coaches tell the players not to do he did while not even going home with his team. Many former players have said they’ve never heard of a coach do that before. His public apology was so strange as well, just doesn’t seem like a 60 year old man should be making that mistake.

Really wanted him to be our HC so I’ve been following him closely. Don’t like Mike much but I’m happy we don’t have Urban. These mistakes in Dallas would’ve been a death sentence in terms of the media circus.