Anyone watching the texas/ ohio state game?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was a Texas fan I would be upset with the offensive play calling.

They would get good yardage most times they ran but they kept going away from it instead of using it to wear down the Ohio State defense and eat away at the clock.

In the end, as I mentioned before, it came down to the exp of the QB that one the game.

Last year it was Vince Young he was clearly the better QB this year it was Troy.

No matter who won the game, no matter the score...it was a good game to watch.

On a side note I seen actor Matthew McC on the sidelines jumping up and down...was wondering if he was screaming WE ARE....MARSHALL.

For those that don't know he just finished a movie about Marshall University Thundering Herd.

calico

Reaction score
Congrats to Ohio State. They had a great gameplan and really made Texas pay for the lack of T. Brown.

Texas had their chances, but Ohio State made the plays when it counted. Congrats to a classy bunch of fans and players. Now use this win as a jump the MNC...don't waste it on the likes of Iowa and Michigan.

Sorry,but Texas is still the class of the division. They only lack an experienced QB at this time in the season. They were able to run easily on the Buckeyes and the Bucks did not pull away until late.

Aggy can beat up on Citadel and Army all they want as well as OU "surviving" UAB and Washington...but losing to the number 1 team when you are still clearly a top 7 team is nothing to hang your head over.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Well you Horns fans, let this Buckeye fan offer you up some congratulations. Hard played game, not the prettiest, but that'll happen when you get a 1-2 matchup.

Great home and home series, wish it could happen again sometime soon.

I'm still going to worry about the Buckeye defense, offense should not be a problem, though I'd like to have seen a better running game.

I think Texas will be better in the long haul going with McCoy, he looked to do ok for his first huge game, of what I'm sure will be many more in his future.

I'm figuring I could counter point some of the excuses offered up in here during the game, but really, there is no point. The better team won tonight, for that, there is no doubt. OSU had to be way deeper to offer up whole sale 2nd team offensive and defensive teams through the course of the game. I think that was the decisive difference.

So excuse me, but............GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Jack. OSU was obviously the better team tonight and went out there and took care of business. They should have no problem getting to the BCS championship this year if they can stay consistent and will probably face Notre Dame.

Congrats again.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If I was a Texas fan I would be upset with the offensive play calling.

They would get good yardage most times they ran but they kept going away from it instead of using it to wear down the Ohio State defense and eat away at the clock.

In the end, as I mentioned before, it came down to the exp of the QB that one the game.

Last year it was Vince Young he was clearly the better QB this year it was Troy.

No matter who won the game, no matter the score...it was a good game to watch.

On a side note I seen actor Matthew McC on the sidelines jumping up and down...was wondering if he was screaming WE ARE....MARSHALL.

For those that don't know he just finished a movie about Marshall University Thundering Herd.

matthew mc. is kinda strange.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
calico said:
Sorry,but Texas is still the class of the division.

What division are you speaking of?

calico said:
They were able to run easily on the Buckeyes and the Bucks did not pull away until late.

Weren't they up by 10 less than 3 minutes into the second half?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Ohio State winning the game but they really do need to get that Run D shored up.

Now I will chalk it up to having to start an entirely new LB corps and maybe they will turn it around as the season goes on.

But not only did Texas really have good running game against that D but the Ohio State game gave up too many yards to the team they played last weekend.

Like I said the LB corp is new and I am sure they will turn it around.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
jackrussell said:

Big 12, silly...

10 Points isnt a big lead...

jackrussell

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I love Ohio State winning the game but they really do need to get that Run D shored up.

Now I will chalk it up to having to start an entirely new LB corps and maybe they will turn it around as the season goes on.

But not only did Texas really have good running game against that D but the Ohio State game gave up too many yards to the team they played last weekend.

Like I said the LB corp is new and I am sure they will turn it around.

I cannot argue that at all. I believe I've mentioned my concern for their defense.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
He's talking about the Big 12.

Yes, but they weren't running away from it until late in the game (unless you think a 10 point lead is HUGE). OSU was the better team tonight but I dont think that they were 17 points better.

jackrussell

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
He's talking about the Big 12.

Yes, but they weren't running away from it until late in the game (unless you think a 10 point lead is HUGE). OSU was the better team tonight but I dont think that they were 17 points better.

Well that HUGE scoreboard would say differently.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
Damn Jimmy, I really don't understand all this hate that you have for the kid.
No hatred, I just know we have better coming in next year.