Anyone watching the texas/ ohio state game?

calico

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
What division are you speaking of?

Weren't they up by 10 less than 3 minutes into the second half?

10 points is nothing in football. Texas had their chances in the 3rd and early 4th to score a TD or field goal, which they missed. That would have made it a 1 score game.

And I am talking about them being the class of the Big XII.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
calico said:
10 points is nothing in football. Texas had their chances in the 3rd and early 4th to score a TD or field goal, which they missed. That would have made it a 1 score game.

And I am talking about them being the class of the Big XII.

Each team had chances to go one way or another. OSU missed a FG too. Missed a chance on the deep post to Ginn for a TD also.

We could do this all night.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Each team had chances to go one way or another. OSU missed a FG too. Missed a chance on the deep post to Ginn for a TD also.

We could do this all night.

Yeah, OSU defeated us fair and square. There were even some calls (that BS helmet to helmet) that went our way.

We won last year. They won this year.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Death, Taxes, and....

whoopsiehornfehgs.jpg

:laugh2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Death, Taxes, and....

whoopsiehornfehgs.jpg

:laugh2:
Maybe one of these days you won't have to ride another team's coat tails. Might ought to just worry about your rival Baylor.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Maybe one of these days you won't have to ride another team's coat tails. Might ought to just worry about your rival Baylor.

Ouch.

It is kind of sad how bad our football team is these days. We try to talk with the Longhorn and Sooners fans, but we haven't been in their league for a while now. :(

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i just got home and boy did that game suck from a longhorns perspective. Seriously the gameplan was horrible on both offense and defense. Colt was just about never given the chance to attack the Bucks Defense, just about all the passes were FREAKING sideways. then when he was given a chance he got intercepted that one time, it was a horrible pass but still if he was the coaches pick to start the biggest game of the season then you gotta have trust in him that he can overcome mistakes and adversity. Young was good the first half but tired out in the 2nd half and Charles was solid but didnt really have 1 big play that he usually has once a game.

the Defense was pathetic too, they continued to play Gonzales with a safety when it was so clear that he had no chances of guarding him. and you would think that it would be because they were doubling Ginn a lot but no they left Ginn one on one lots of times and Ginn just killed the Defense.

Just a very dissapointing game all around and now the same criticism of Brown and the rest of the coaching staff will return and maybe deservedly so. He just hasnt done anything without Superman

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
i just got home and boy did that game suck from a longhorns perspective. Seriously the gameplan was horrible on both offense and defense. Colt was just about never given the chance to attack the Bucks Defense, just about all the passes were FREAKING sideways. then when he was given a chance he got intercepted that one time, it was a horrible pass but still if he was the coaches pick to start the biggest game of the season then you gotta have trust in him that he can overcome mistakes and adversity. Young was good the first half but tired out in the 2nd half and Charles was solid but didnt really have 1 big play that he usually has once a game.

the Defense was pathetic too, they continued to play Gonzales with a safety when it was so clear that he had no chances of guarding him. and you would think that it would be because they were doubling Ginn a lot but no they left Ginn one on one lots of times and Ginn just killed the Defense.

Just a very dissapointing game all around and now the same criticism of Brown and the rest of the coaching staff will return and maybe deservedly so. He just hasnt done anything without Superman
I totally agree. Vince did the impossible last year, he "Mack Brown proofed" the longhorns. I seriously believe that you could have put Vince Young on any number of 6-7 teams last year and they probably would have won the NC. He was that good.

Reaction score
I just got home from the game also. As a Texas student, I was very mad about the amount of red I saw in the stadium tonight.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
I totally agree. Vince did the impossible last year, he "Mack Brown proofed" the longhorns. I seriously believe that you could have put Vince Young on any number of 6-7 teams last year and they probably would have won the NC. He was that good.
i'd go as far and say that put Young on any of the top 15 teams last year and that team wins the NC. He just had the greatest season a QB has ever had ever in College football and like you said he "Mack Brown proofed" the longhorns. No doubt that if Young would have come back this year that we would have won the NC easily.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:

LMAO!! "Mack Brown proofed!"

The good times are back! :)

calico

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

:bow:

Seriously.

Texas lost a tough fought game to the number 1 team in the country.

The last people who even deserve a right to trash Texas are aggies...I mean, come on. Win a game against Texas this century and not have "tough wins" against Texas ****ing State.

****. I always knew my ag friends were different, but their constant ***** envy is a bit wearing at times. Why don't you get your own identity and stop living your lives through the wins and losses of the University of Texas.

As for those thinking VY Mack Brown proofed the horns...think again. He could have played for Texas A&M last year and they do not win the MNC.

The ONLY thing VY did to the coaching staff was save Greg Davis' job...that is it. Davis reared his ugly head with ignorant play calling that helped killed drives when Texas was rolling.

calico

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:
I just got home from the game also. As a Texas student, I was very mad about the amount of red I saw in the stadium tonight.

Don't be too mad. It is tough to pass up $3,500 offered for a pair of tix. My brother accepted a buckeyes money just to help with the down payment of his home...money changes alot of things.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
calico said:
:bow:

Seriously.

Texas lost a tough fought game to the number 1 team in the country.

The last people who even deserve a right to trash Texas are aggies...I mean, come on. Win a game against Texas this century and not have "tough wins" against Texas ****ing State.

****. I always knew my ag friends were different, but their constant ***** envy is a bit wearing at times. Why don't you get your own identity and stop living your lives through the wins and losses of the University of Texas.

As for those thinking VY Mack Brown proofed the horns...think again. He could have played for Texas A&M last year and they do not win the MNC.

The ONLY thing VY did to the coaching staff was save Greg Davis' job...that is it. Davis reared his ugly head with ignorant play calling that helped killed drives when Texas was rolling.

Don't worry your next 3 games are easy street

@ Rice they are a bad team.

Iowa State is a mediocre team and you are at home

Then you get to beat up on my alma matter Division 1aa Sam Houston State

So Greg Davis can look like a genius for 3 more weeks before you play the Okies

thekavorka

Reaction score
I'm a UT student too and was at the game. Greg Davis needs to learn that teams usually run more than 3 different plays a game.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Don't worry your next 3 games are easy street

@ Rice they are a bad team.

Iowa State is a mediocre team and you are at home

Then you get to beat up on my alma matter Division 1aa Sam Houston State

So Greg Davis can look like a genius for 3 more weeks before you play the Okies
good post. however, now that I think about it, we were asking a bit much for McCoy to go out and win this game, his first big game against #1. That said, the kid looks good and should keep Jevan Snead on the bench for a while.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
good post. however, now that I think about it, we were asking a bit much for McCoy to go out and win this game, his first big game against #1. That said, the kid looks good and should keep Jevan Snead on the bench for a while.
That's something else I don't understand, if you say you're going to play both this year then play both every game or redshirt Snead (too late for that). No reason Snead couldn't throw 17 foot passes and hand off and get some experience in a big time game.