Anything other than offensive player or trade back is probably a mistake at 10

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Unless either of those CB are running 4.3s they aren't shut down corners and are not worth a top 10 pick. We saw what happened with Claiborne.
Farley is supposedly a 4.3 guy but that has zero to do with being a shut down CB.

All Pro Xavien Howard ran a 4.,58
The other All Pro was Jalen Ramsey at 4.41.

Most of the 4.3 guys are out of the league.

cowboyec

Reaction score
on the offensive side of the ball i like:
ot rashawn slater,nwestern
ot alex leatherwood,bama
ot christian darrisaw,va tech
og wyatt davis,ohio st
wr devonta smith,alabama

im hopin' if it is offense...we go with slater.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You don’t really “need” a CB at #10 to vastly improve this defense. Lol. In fact corner is way down the list of needs for this defense.

DT/Safery are arguably bigger needs but there are probably no players there at #10 that are worthy of that pick at that draft slot. If you are going to be all in on your need theory at least be consistent about it. Lol

They can resign Chido and be OK at corner. I don’t think they can keep who they have at DT and safety and be OK. Woods is not good enough as a starter at DT and unless Robinson —who didn’t play all year long—is a secret weapon both spots need help. X. Woods must GO.
This argument makes literally zero sense.

Dallas does not have Chido or Jourdan Lewis signed.
Right now they have Anthony Brown(signed ot ba CB3) as CB1 and that's it of note.

Dallas can fix DT in FA same as they can CB.
At DT at least they have young r2 and r3 guys in Gallimore and Hill coming back. AWoods is a RFA so you have some control there.

I prefer a DT to a CB but value is value.
DT/CB/FS/LB/OT are all on the list of positions I can use day 1.
DE/RB/CB/OG/SS all on positions I can use depth wise.
WR/TE/QB/K/P are positions I select only with insane value.

Verdict

Reaction score
Are you thinking Parsons could be a miss at 10? He looks like a very good defense talent to me, but I'm no GM.
They say he has the ability but his intangibles are the issue.

Verdict

Reaction score
expecting this thread to be deleted for whatever reason as soon as mods are on.
posted the same a month ago and wasnt moved, just deleted.
Why would that be the case? I have seen more of that lately. I can’t quite wrap my mind around that.

Flamma

Reaction score
I havent heard 1 person say if you take a defender this year youre taking a chance. There are legit prospects especially at linebacker. The top 3 guys are all better than isiah simmons

I didn't say taking a defender is taking a chance. I said taking a defender at 10 is taking a chance. The top 3 LBs on the board I'm looking at are 7, 17, and 25. We're sitting at 10. The only viable choice here is Parsons. You're not taking the other two sitting at 10 if Parsons has already been picked. You'd want to trade back.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm gonna laugh when we pick Zaven Collins....and people think we are reaching....:laugh:

Either your in or out....and most people are out.

iu

Flamma

Reaction score
I could see us trading back a couple of times or once about 8 spots and a couple of targeted players value starting to line up.

I don’t know where the TCU safety ends up being slotted by draft day, but I could see him or Grant? being on the short list of players we might be interested in.

Yeah, a lot can change from now until the draft. But that guys is currently early 2nd. I don't even see Grant in the first 3 rounds.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I didn't say taking a defender is taking a chance. I said taking a defender at 10 is taking a chance. The top 3 LBs on the board I'm looking at are 7, 17, and 25. We're sitting at 10. The only viable choice here is Parsons. You're not taking the other two sitting at 10 if Parsons has already been picked. You'd want to trade back.
10-15 what does it matter? Yall get way too caught up in the details to where you outsmart yourself. If pitts is 10 and a lb is 15 and your defense needs a linebacker.....you take the linebacker. The fact that you internet exoerts think good teams dont reach is hilarious.

Flamma

Reaction score
This reach stuff has gotten out of hand past few years. Us drafting Taco wasnt about reach, it was about our dumb decsion makers not taking Watt.

Same crap when Dallas picked DT Hill. Just a poor decision.

ESisback

Reaction score
That’s the way you have to look at it. This board is going to melt down when that happens.

This board will “melt down” no matter what they do! Personally, I think we’re good at TE, and we should only take an OT if we’re sure Smith is no longer a dependable difference maker. My opinion is BPA at positions of need—DT, S, CB, LB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to be posting draft related threads in the Draft Zone? I recall very distinctly that request being made by the Admin.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
If Fletcher Cox was available or Donald, that would be fine. But that player does not appear to be in this draft.

What would happen if we draft a guy like Barmore at #10? Many would love the move but two years later when he is cut for being another Taco and Pitts is catching 20 TDs per year those same people would say why did we pass on him for Barmore. Lol.
We all have our opinions and yours is not uncommon but I think the above is a poor example. No TE on this team is ever going to catch that many or close to that many TD's with our WR's. How about Parsons or Surtain instead of using Barmore as an example? You wouldn't consider either as a top 10 pick?? AND we need either of those 2 positions right now. If we have an opportunity on either of my 2 selections then one of them is wearing the Star.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That’s the way the board is shaping up. I know some are touting the two corners are in play at 10 but neither corner is worth what we could get in a trade back. Neither are worth #10.

Trade back sounds great. Who is trading up, and why?

You can't just "trade back" because you want to do it.