Anything other than offensive player or trade back is probably a mistake at 10

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I agree 100% @Verdict .. for me it’s OT, TE or trade down.

Yesterday’s mock from NFL.com had Sewell falling to us. If that happens, I’ll be doing the dance of joy.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-patriots-49ers-select-qbs-in-round-1

You don’t reach for a CB at 10 when none of the top 3 are as good as any of the top 20 from 2020. You lean into the talent level of the draft.

I’m hoping that we land Pitts. With a healthy Dak Prescott, this offense would be absolutely sick.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
They need defense with every single draft pick Or punters and kickers maybe a long snapper or 2

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He has 3 defendersi in the top 10 lol and we know damn well nobody is drafting surtain at 4.

How can you reference a mock with a corner going 4 and use it as evidence of a weak defensive draft?
I agree 100% @Verdict .. for me it’s OT, TE or trade down.

Yesterday’s mock from NFL.com had Sewell falling to us. If that happens, I’ll be doing the dance of joy.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-patriots-49ers-select-qbs-in-round-1

You don’t reach for a CB at 10 when none of the top 3 are as good as any of the top 20 from 2020. You lean into the talent level of the draft.

I’m hoping that we land Pitts. With a healthy Dak Prescott, this offense would be absolutely sick.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm wondering if the Cowboys will take Surtain even if he's there at 10. At 5'-11", he's not the tall CB prototype the FO seems to like.

I doubt he's there, but Lamb fell to 17 so anything is possible.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That’s the way the board is shaping up. I know some are touting the two corners are in play at 10 but neither corner is worth what we could get in a trade back. Neither are worth #10.
Says who?

JBS

Reaction score
In what world do you have any idea what the Cowboys could get in a trade back? This thread is ridiculous...how about we see who is on the board before we start jumping up for joy about how valuable the 10 pick is?

JBS

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Cowboys will take Surtain even if he's there at 10. At 5'-11", he's not the tall CB prototype the FO seems to like.

I doubt he's there, but Lamb fell to 17 so anything is possible.
Surtain isn't 5'11. You are quite a ways off

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s the way the board is shaping up. I know some are touting the two corners are in play at 10 but neither corner is worth what we could get in a trade back. Neither are worth #10.
Let’s wait and see what the Cowboys plan is before we as fans decide who they can pick at 10. As of right this minute the Cowboys don’t have their board together. I think right now the Cowboys are worried about getting Dak signed.

To go along with a your exercise Surtain and Farley are rated around 10 by most draft nicks. I think the Cowboys would draft one of corners over a tackle, tight end, or wide out.

KB1122

Reaction score
In two years, Dak will be 30, and if he hasn't taken us at least to the conference championship, it will time to move on for sure. We're in the top 10, we have a handful of extra picks. There are four possible quarterback going in the top dozen picks. And I hope we're not back in the top 10 in the next two years. I'm not planning on it.

For long term reasons, I don't see why we should take anything other than quarterback.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He has 3 defendersi in the top 10 lol and we know damn well nobody is drafting surtain at 4.

How can you reference a mock with a corner going 4 and use it as evidence of a weak defensive draft?

It’s strange for sure but I justify it because it’s on NFL.com. In theory, the league web site should have people who know something about the game, shouldn’t it?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
In what world do you have any idea what the Cowboys could get in a trade back? This thread is ridiculous...how about we see who is on the board before we start jumping up for joy about how valuable the 10 pick is?

Thats a really unfair statement, @JBS. Really.

First, there’s a trade value chart so yes, you know the value.

Second, at nearly every spot in the draft, there’s a team willing to move up. There are 32 teams with needs and I guarantee you there will be a team that wants a player still in the board at 10 and willing to make a move.

If Sewell or Pitts are on the board, I’m taking the player. If they’re both off the board, I consider Slater but probably trade down.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It’s strange for sure but I justify it because it’s on NFL.com. In theory, the league web site should have people who know something about the game, shouldn’t it?
What are you talking about? If you're talking daniel jeremiah from nfl.com his big board top 10 has defenders in it too.