AP, Gurley, or Gordon for 2015?

Danger

Reaction score
I wouldn't complain if we spent a 1st on Gordon, he'd be amazing behind our line, sure hope McFadden isn't our solution at RB

Cowboys consider him a "home run backup" so no, they don't view him as the solution.

phildadon86

Reaction score
None of those.

I want Coleman or Ajayi. Gurley will be long gone, so I don't include him in the equation.

What makes you say that he will be gone? Im curious because with that injury I just cant see him being picked before us.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Who are you hoping for? It better be one of these 3. After doing so well due to our oline and run game, we will need a solid RB in the backfield to be at the same level we were last year.

I'm a Gurley guy (wait, what?).

Seriously though he looks to be a special kind of back that wouldn't normally be available at 27 and we'd get him for 5 years if we take him in the first. Fits our scheme perfectly as well.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Who are you hoping for? It better be one of these 3. After doing so well due to our oline and run game, we will need a solid RB in the backfield to be at the same level we were last year.

None of the above. It will be one of the RBs available in rounds 2 or 3.

phildadon86

Reaction score
#Cowboys began entertaining idea of signing Darren McFadden weeks ago, & design was as a home run hitting backup. Not sure that has changed.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 13, 2015

Was posted on Blogging the Boys

Ah ok thanks for the update. However thay guy has been wrong on 99 percent of all of his tweets this off season lol so take it for what it's worth I guess

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'd also add that its pick 27. If we don't think Coleman or Ajayi won't be there when we pick in the 2nd and can't find a trade down partner pull the trigger n one of those 2 guys.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Or...Dmac, Williams, and Randle!

Hardline

Reaction score
We better use the first round pick on RB because of the 5th year option.
As soon as the rookie contract expires the RB will be moving on to another team.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Gurley will be long gone by 27. Watch for Coleman or Ajayi in round 2.

Most project Gurley to be there at #27 due to coming off the ACL, Gordon is projected to go earlier.

The other backs in the 2-3 rounds are good as well as you mention.

noletime95

Reaction score
I think if Dallas wants Gurley, the Cowboys will likely need to trade up. I do think Gurley will be an absolute stud.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
No to all 3. Give me a RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Coleman please.

We need more help on the defense. DL and LB and CB needs attention.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Do you think that's likely?
I don't know if it is or not given how determined the team is to play financial hard ball. I'm simply saying I'd rather have him than a RB in round 1. Truth be told, I am very sold on Tevin Coleman in the 2nd or 3rd above any other option. He won't cost what AP would and I am all for youth.

mldardy

Reaction score
The Cowboys do not. Neither do a lot of teams.

He's an outside runner only, and that doesn't play well in the NFL.

What Ohio State did to him may be a precursor to his NFL career. Perhaps a good 3rd down back.

As a Buckeye fan that game and his game in 2013 against OSU stand out to me because he was held under 100 in both and was a non-factor. Those games always bring up a red flag to me. And plus the Wisky RBs turning out to be busts also.