Apologies to CrazyCowboy accepted... thanks

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I posted ROMO is potentially the BEST QB the Cowboys ever had to include Roger and Troy--only a hand full of Zoners agreed with me.

We are 8-1 because of ROMO!

Which of you ZONERS are ready to apologize?

I still LOVE those of you ZONERS who still REFUSE to jump on the ROMO express! :cool:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1760695 said:
I posted ROMO is potentially the BEST QB the Cowboys ever had to include Roger and Troy--only a hand full of Zoners agreed with me.

I still LOVE those of you ZONERS who still REFUSE to jump on the ROMO express! :cool:

Lets put the anointing oil away... still ways to go :cool:

1fisher

Reaction score

The key word is potentially..... he may break all the records but until he brings home the lombardi he's still a work in progress.

You also need go give a little credit to the "D"...... they've helped as much as anyone.

No apologies here CC.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1760709 said:
Dang, your still in denial Yeager.....but, I forgive you! :star:

Until he wins some SB's he can not be considered the greatest...Sorry CC

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Statistically, on average QBs today are better than QBs in the past, so this isn't exactly surprising. By the end of his career he'll likely hold most of the records. Hell, as we've seen in the other thread today, he'll likely hold most of the records after THIS YEAR. Does that mean he's better (or will be better)? Hard to say.

Regardless, the Super Bowl argument isn't very persuasive. Teams win Super Bowls, not individual players.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theogt;1760733 said:
Statistically, on average QBs today are better than QBs in the past, so this isn't exactly surprising. By the end of his career he'll likely hold most of the records. Hell, as we've seen in the other thread today, he'll likely hold most of the records after THIS YEAR. Does that mean he's better (or will be better)? Hard to say.

Regardless, the Super Bowl argument isn't very persuasive. Teams win Super Bowls, not individual players.

Cowboys QB greatness is measured by SB wins and stats not just stats.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1760754 said:
Cowboys QB greatness is measured by SB wins and stats not just stats.
I don't think any QB's greatness is measured by SBs. That's a team accomplishment, not an individual measurement.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Romo is playing great but he still has a lot to prove before he can be mentioned with the likes of Aikman and Staubach.

Also Dallas is a complete team, no one player is solely responsible for their success. It takes a team effort to win in the NFL, I dont care who your QB is.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

While I agree that Romo is good already and could be great one day... its early for anything more....

I might add... there are many moving parts in the success we are having... namely Terrel Owens. He is making a major impact whether directly or indirectly.... I am happy to say that lately it has been the former

PosterChild

Reaction score

I agree. And Wade Phillips is greater than Landry or Johnson!

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Romo looks to be the real deal, and perhaps in time, he may be their equal or better, but right now you've got 5 SB Rings vs. None.

Let's just wait and see if Romo can bring home the hardware.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I love Romo, but I maintain that I am not ready to have this discussion until Romo has won his first Superbowl title. I am ready to proclaim that he's better than Danny White! Does that help? :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think Romo is great and is having a great season. To be at the same level of Roger and Troy he has to continue to do it season after season. My hope is he will but only time will tell. I think the key word you used was "potentially"

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

Until he is hoisting a Lombardi trophy or 3, I cannot say he is better than those guys. Having a great statisitcal year? You bet, and I'm loving it. Better than those guys? Nope.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score

Man, Romo is a godsend and I am so happy that he is with the Cowboys but until he leads us to a SB win, I'll go with Roger and Troy and the greastest Cowboys QBs.

Statistically, Romo will probably own all the Cowboys records.

But as a Cowboys QB, his success will be measured by SB wins. ;)

Nav22

Reaction score
If you're into numbers, Romo might be on par with those guys, and you could even argue that he's better.

If you're into Super Bowl rings like you should be, there is no comparison... yet.