Apologies to CrazyCowboy accepted... thanks

Doomsday101

Reaction score
1fisher;1761780 said:
I understand that completely.

I've read many threads on this and many other boards and when things get heated the response I hear most often is how many rings does he have or how many rings does your team have...... It's all about the Lombardi.... (unfortunately):D

I understand that and the media loves to play that card but in all the years I played sport or watched it the one thing I have always believed is, in team sports teams win championships in individual sports like golf and Tennis individuals win championship. Yes the team goal in football is all about the Lombardi and every player on the team gets a ring not just 1 man. What I ask from my QB is to go out and produce consistently and help his team win games but as a QB he can only control so much he has no impact on defense or special teams. So for those who measure a QB on SB's I think are missing the point of what team sports is all about.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1761805 said:
I understand that and the media loves to play that card but in all the years I played sport or watched it the one thing I have always believed is, in team sports teams win championships in individual sports like golf and Tennis individuals win championship. Yes the team goal in football is all about the Lombardi and every player on the team gets a ring not just 1 man. What I ask from my QB is to go out and produce consistently and help his team win games but as a QB he can only control so much he has no impact on defense or special teams. So for those who measure a QB on SB's I think are missing the point of what team sports is all about.

Don't disagree, but would add that when a TEAM wins MULTIPLE championships, it has a TOP TIER QB every time. To pretend that a team doesn't have to have quality parts, especially at the most important position in football, the QB position, is just wrong.

For every exception it PROVES the rule. Almost anyone you hear who knows football will tell you, you HAVE to have a QB.

So when a team wins not just 1, not just 2, but 3 championships, you have a great QB.

The teams that have tried to deny this, like the Ravens, haven't repeated.

Yes, you have an occasional Dilfer type QB who wins a SB, but when do you see those guys repeat it?

So, it isn't completely wrong headed to say that Romo can be judged, to some degree on whether or not the team wins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
rcaldw;1761855 said:
Don't disagree, but would add that when a TEAM wins MULTIPLE championships, it has a TOP TIER QB every time. To pretend that a team doesn't have to have quality parts, especially at the most important position in football, the QB position, is just wrong.

For every exception it PROVES the rule. Almost anyone you hear who knows football will tell you, you HAVE to have a QB.

So when a team wins not just 1, not just 2, but 3 championships, you have a great QB.

The teams that have tried to deny this, like the Ravens, haven't repeated.

Yes, you have an occasional Dilfer type QB who wins a SB, but when do you see those guys repeat it?

So, it isn't completely wrong headed to say that Romo can be judged, to some degree on whether or not the team wins.

I'm not saying the QB is not an important part of it, yes it is but it still takes the other players to win it. It always has in any team sports that is why it is a team and football is the ultimate of the team sports you rely on so many parts to win championships.